What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

GAME THREAD - Buffs vs. Bulldogs | Nov. 13th @6pm | Pac-12 Network

I don't know man...Drake didn't look good, and they're projected to be near the bottom of their league.
OK, I should have prefaced that by saying that they played harder and seemed better coached than a lot of non-conference cupcakes we scheduled in the past. They could have surprised a few lazy teams we've seen in November. That's all.

OK, I should have prefaced that by saying that they played harder and seemed better coached than a lot of non-conference cupcakes we scheduled in the past. They could have surprised a few lazy teams we've seen in November. That's all.
I compare it to the start of last season when we should have lost to Quinnipiac and I think this team is way ahead of where we were.

Shaking off the rust, big time. Smooth stroke, moves better than you'd think looking at him and handles well and keeps ball moving. Comps to poor man's Draymond Green, but I see more of a Dajuan Blair.
Very similar to Omari Spellman at Villanova. Same path. Same skill set. Hopefully will be as good.

That was fun. I haven’t said that about a complete CU team since Carlon Brown’s senior year, with Dre and Spence.

The three things I would like to see addressed, and I’m sure they will be-free throw shooting, EB getting to his spots quicker on D (probably just needs more reps), and better shot selection from Gatling.

Overall though, that was a very impressive performance and I’m looking forward to this season.

Saw at the end where it was the first regular season game where we scored 100 or more since 2014.

That's a long time.

Game Recap

Box Score

Good to have hoops back! 1-4 I love this team, its the 5 spot that worries me. It really sucks seeing Walton on the bench. I think we're all gonna love a Kin/Gatling backcourt.

On Schwartz... the ncaa can eat a dick.

I’m with you scotch. I was surprised at strating’s bulk but I don’t think he’s tall enough to clean up the garbage and convert bunnies when we start Pac play. Reading tad’s quotes it seems like namon’s playing time is in question, but he’s our second-best rebounder. Aside from the glass, i’m impressed by Lucas. He’s come a long way.

I’m with you scotch. I was surprised at strating’s bulk but I don’t think he’s tall enough to clean up the garbage and convert bunnies when we start Pac play. Reading tad’s quotes it seems like namon’s playing time is in question, but he’s our second-best rebounder. Aside from the glass, i’m impressed by Lucas. He’s come a long way.
Namon is also the best defender when he is motivated. I am sure Tad won't be able to help but play him because of that.

My thoughts:
  1. Drake is a pretty good team. We just rolled them.
  2. The Buffs bench has talent.
  3. We had better work on free throws for the next month.
  4. I am sad because if this team had Walton, we should be the most excited about this team since Chauncey. Maybe we should be anyway.
No to #1. Yes to items 2-4.

To be fair, Namon is streaky and when his form isn't on he has one of the ugliest shots you will ever see. When his form is on, things are different. But watching him shoot in the scrimmage vs watching him shoot vs Drake were like watching two completely different players.

To be fair, Namon is streaky and when his form isn't on he has one of the ugliest shots you will ever see. When his form is on, things are different. But watching him shoot in the scrimmage vs watching him shoot vs Drake were like watching two completely different players.
Namon's definitely much more of a scorer than a shooter. Why it's so important with him to get things going with his defense and rebounding so that he's in a flow. Ball movement, particularly with Kin getting dribble penetration to break down a defense and distribute, is huge for Namon to get going in a game.

Back