What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

GAME THREAD - Colorado at Cal 5pm MT (P12N)

I did look at the stats. In 29 games against P5 opponents, he caught 70 balls for 769 yds and 4 tds. Thats an average per game of 2.4 catches for 26.5 yds and .13 tds per game. This year, he caught 19 balls for 110 yds and a sparkling average of 5.8 yds per catch and 2 tds, both against Nebraska. Those are not acceptable stats for a scholarship WR who was on the field for 2 plays out of every three. I wont mention his yards after catch, mainly because he didnt really have any.

Against G5 opponents, he played 8 games, caught 18 balls for 238 yds and 2 tds. That averages out to 2.3 catches for 29.75 yds and .25 tds per game.

So I stand corrected. He wasnt particularly effective against the bottom feeders either.

But you’re right, I dont like him, as a player. I dont like him because he wasnt very good and took snaps away from other receivers. We could have got similar receiving production from giving those snaps to TE’s who could have blocked the edge on running plays and helped our running game. We could have got better production from KD Nixon in the slot this year, or Devin Ross last year, had we not played them out of position on the edge to give jay macintyre snaps in the slot. We could have played Laviska Shennault more last year instead of keeping him under wraps most of the year. But instead we gave jay macintyre 30-40 snaps a game.
Truth.

I did look at the stats. In 29 games against P5 opponents, he caught 70 balls for 769 yds and 4 tds. Thats an average per game of 2.4 catches for 26.5 yds and .13 tds per game. This year, he caught 19 balls for 110 yds and a sparkling average of 5.8 yds per catch and 2 tds, both against Nebraska. Those are not acceptable stats for a scholarship WR who was on the field for 2 plays out of every three. I wont mention his yards after catch, mainly because he didnt really have any.

Against G5 opponents, he played 8 games, caught 18 balls for 238 yds and 2 tds. That averages out to 2.3 catches for 29.75 yds and .25 tds per game.

So I stand corrected. He wasnt particularly effective against the bottom feeders either.

But you’re right, I dont like him, as a player. I dont like him because he wasnt very good and took snaps away from other receivers. We could have got similar receiving production from giving those snaps to TE’s who could have blocked the edge on running plays and helped our running game. We could have got better production from KD Nixon in the slot this year, or Devin Ross last year, had we not played them out of position on the edge to give jay macintyre snaps in the slot. We could have played Laviska Shennault more last year instead of keeping him under wraps most of the year. But instead we gave jay macintyre 30-40 snaps a game.
I believe your dislike is misplaced. I have yet to see a player establish the line-up.

Arguing about a slot receiver is pretty dumb. Jmac had solid career. On field production was good, data points from several sources that he was an entitled kid, kind of an arse is just that. One side of the story. He’s not the reason we lost seven games in a row although I can understand the disgust of nepotism which is frequently involved with football.

Back