What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

GAME THREAD - Colorado at Cal 5pm MT (P12N)

F that. The body of his work tells me that he’s been effective. Offers don’t define a guy after his career.

He would not have had the opportunity to play in the PAC-12 unless he would’ve randomly transferred from Wyoming or wherever else he could’ve gone to a PAC-12 school.

It is strange that the coach’s kid got one Power Five offer.

He would not have had the opportunity to play in the PAC-12 unless he would’ve randomly transferred from Wyoming or wherever else he could’ve gone to a PAC-12 school.

It is strange that the coach’s kid got one Power Five offer.
Ok. I went back and looked at your original statement and see that your point was about him playing P5 football. My point is that it’s undeniable that he’s been an effective receiver at a P5 level. Not a star. Just that he’s been effective.

Ok. I went back and looked at your original statement and see that your point was about him playing P5 football. My point is that it’s undeniable that he’s been an effective receiver at a P5 level. Not a star. Just that he’s been effective.

He was occasionally effective. He made some nice plays over the years - no doubt. Scholarships are a limited good, however. Maybe another slot receiver would have been more effective for CU.

The standard we need to have for our players is higher than occasionally effective. Right now, we don’t have enough players who exceed that standard. This is why recruiting must improve.

He was occasionally effective. He made some nice plays over the years - no doubt. Scholarships are a limited good, however. Maybe another slot receiver would have been more effective for CU.

The standard we need to have for our players is higher than occasionally effective. Right now, we don’t have enough players who exceed that standard. This is why recruiting must improve.
For all the reasons that we suck, I don’t think Jay is the one I’d focus on.

Good question. When other team’s QB scrambles, they find WRs running free for big plays. When Montez scrambles it’s like our WRs just stop or disappear completely. It’s like they have no plan whatsoever for a scrambling QB.

Because we run all streaks like a bunch of idiots. Run the players 30+ yards down the field it’s hard to come back to the ball.

It’s pathetic that our OL is so bad yet we keep calling the worst pass play for them. we keep running all streaks bs and throwing into double coverage frequently off a back foot.

3rd and 6 late in the game, deep in our territory we desperately needed a play. You’re telling me with Nixon and Laviska we can run a crossers and pick up 7 yards? Nope , call all streaks, lowest % throw in the book, incomplete and punt the ball to the fifty.

The players are terribly undisciplined but the coaching was equally awful especially on offense.

He was effective against teams like Nicholls State and Idaho State. Not so much against P5 teams.

Other than issues with being on time, being accurate, looking off defenders, going through read progressions and being able to move within the pocket... I agree that he'd be a pretty good QB in a drop back passer offense.
He's actually pretty accurate. Give him that at least.

Agree to disagree. I think he’s an example of the standard CU has had the last six years of players who were only occasionally effective.

I have the same concern about JMac as I did the Bobo, Fields, Ross trio in their Senior year: you telling me Viska and Nixon (and maybe some others) didn’t deserve actual playing time over those three. With JMac, you telling me we didn’t have some young receivers deserving more playing time in his spot this year?

Someone better address the discipline problems on this team. I'm so sick of Wigley costing us yards, standing stiff-legged and pawing and gesticulating at his crotch every time he gets a lick on a guy. Lewis is almost as bad.

And Blackmon too. He starts talking **** when he only goes backwards for 3 yards instead of 18. Why did he get the whole season to do that? And eff Wigley, seriously.

Jay MacIntyre shouldn't be the scapegoat for the Mike MacIntyre era. He was a good receiver, better than I thought he would be. I thought he may have just ended up a spot player, but he contributed well to the team.

Perhaps there are younger players that were better and should have played in his position. MM's playing seniors over better underclassmen was not a Jay issue, it is something observed in other positions over the last 5 years.

Honestly, I question he coaches in keeping Jay in last night's game. When he demonstrated that he didn't have the focus necessary to compete last night, he should have taken a seat. Honestly, the risk of having your dad fired from his team was a risk he accepted 5 years ago. He needed to strap it on and make his final game his best, or bow out to another player. Now, Jay MacIntyre didn't throw 3 ints or fumble a punt return, so he played a VERY small role in yesterday's loss.

Kevin Sweeney, that's about it.

The next HC will have the OL albatross around his neck. MikMac and crew left one of the most important pieces of the FB puzzle out. Whoever comes in, the OL is a total rebuild position. Probably the worst D1 crew I have seem, certainly the worst CU OL I have ever seen.

Don't expect a quick turnaround, exchanging marshmallows for a P12 OL takes time.

Kevin Sweeney, that's about it.

The next HC will have the OL albatross around his neck. MikMac and crew left one of the most important pieces of the FB puzzle out. Whoever comes in, the OL is a total rebuild position. Probably the worst D1 crew I have seem, certainly the worst CU OL I have ever seen.

Don't expect a quick turnaround, exchanging marshmallows for a P12 OL takes time.

^^^^this^^^^. Let's just say I don't expect any Top 25 ranked teams the next couple of years, and if this recruiting class goes upside down it could be a few.

Has there ever been a situation where a coach’s son playing a significant role on the team wound up being a good thing?

One of the rare ones that comes to mind is Brandon Stokley at Louisiana Lafayette (aka SW Louisiana) in the late 1990s. But yeah, it's generally a poor idea.

The Jay Mac hate is bizarre. Jay was a legitimate Pac 12 receiver. I have nothing but good memories of Jay. He's not his father.
No hate from me. I like him. But not sure he was a legit P12 WR. It often seemed to me that KD needed to be in the slot.

JMac was a gamer though. Not afraid to give up his body. I think he’ll be a good coach, like Cody.

Wrong. Look at his stats (http://m.espn.com/ncf/playergamelog?playerId=3122623). Plenty of catches against P5 teams. If you don’t like him, just say you don’t like him. Don’t make stuff up.

I did look at the stats. In 29 games against P5 opponents, he caught 70 balls for 769 yds and 4 tds. Thats an average per game of 2.4 catches for 26.5 yds and .13 tds per game. This year, he caught 19 balls for 110 yds and a sparkling average of 5.8 yds per catch and 2 tds, both against Nebraska. Those are not acceptable stats for a scholarship WR who was on the field for 2 plays out of every three. I wont mention his yards after catch, mainly because he didnt really have any.

Against G5 opponents, he played 8 games, caught 18 balls for 238 yds and 2 tds. That averages out to 2.3 catches for 29.75 yds and .25 tds per game.

So I stand corrected. He wasnt particularly effective against the bottom feeders either.

But you’re right, I dont like him, as a player. I dont like him because he wasnt very good and took snaps away from other receivers. We could have got similar receiving production from giving those snaps to TE’s who could have blocked the edge on running plays and helped our running game. We could have got better production from KD Nixon in the slot this year, or Devin Ross last year, had we not played them out of position on the edge to give jay macintyre snaps in the slot. We could have played Laviska Shennault more last year instead of keeping him under wraps most of the year. But instead we gave jay macintyre 30-40 snaps a game.

Back