What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

GAME THREAD: Dick-Chards @ Buffs

Scotch

Club Member
Junta Member
#14 Arizona @ CU

Tip: 12pm MST

TV
: Pac-12 Net(Yuck)

Radio:
850 KOA

Line: ASU -9.5

Preview:
http://www.cubuffs.com/news/2018/1/...omentum-as-no-14-arizona-visits-saturday.aspx

If you're like me(I'm certainly not advocating that), you've had a big smile on your face since Thursday night. The game against ASU is one of the bigger wins of the Boyle era. The Keg was rocking. It was fun for all not wearing ASU gear. The young Buffs showed glimpses of why we're so bullish on the next few seasons.

Now the traditional hoops power from the State of Arizona makes a trip to Boulder in what should be the tougher game. No offense to ASU, they're a talented team who will make a lot of noise before the season is done. But, Arizona recruits at a higher level(i.e. blue chippers) and is just the better program. The Buffs will have to deal with some not so favorable matchups, and probably can't afford the slow start they had against ASU. Once again though this team has a lot of fight in them, the game is in Boulder, and stranger things have happened.

and as always.....

#justiceforsab

#beardownisstupid

GO BUFFS!!!!!!!

The annual "UA" game, for me, is the same as the previous Big 12 league, when the Jayhawks came to town. They have emotional fans like KU, and like that game, having four seats, I would sell them all to try and break even on the extra pair of seats I have. I've sold the KU games as much as nearly $200 each. AU fans are likewise and the chanting of "U-of-A!" is as nauseous as KU fans coming into our arena and dominating the cheering. But the wife said she wanted to go, and I sold the other tickets for a nice price. But except for a couple upsets in the past, AU has had CU's number. I fear the same might happen today, fearing the Buffs are over-confident after the ASU win. ASU impressed me only because of their rankings and recent wins, the team didn't look like a #4 team. But AU has 7-1 Deandre Ayton averaging 20pts/game, and a another 7 footer in the line up. This is a different strategy to defend, and our 7 footer, Walton, is getting better, but lacks quickness and dominance under the boards. Rebounding may be the factor, and AU has the numbers. The Buffs usually give us big upset for the season at home, and ASU might have been it? It's always about match-ups, more than preparing for a different team, so we'll see if Boyle can get his team up and adjusted to match this perennial power. Go Buffs!

There is no AU in our league, that was how the Big12 did it. Arizona is UA, or UofA

Scotch has it correct: Dick-chards.

Is this the game where Walton and Siewart stretch the floor on offense to draw the ***** frontcourt away from the basket?

So, do we need to try to up the pace and make their bigs do a lot of running?

Flew into Denver from SLC yesterday so I can’t wait for this game. I was at the Utah- Zona game on Thursday and the Buffs are going to have their hands full with Zonas starting 5. The Buffs will need to capitalize when Trier,Alkins, and Ayton are on the bench because Zonas reserve guys are young and timid. Ayton is going to be the x-factor today, IMO.

Hoping for the best, preparing for the worst. We do not match up with these guys anywhere as close to we did with the scum devils. Still: Justice for Sab. **** the **********. Ready to go yell at Sweaty Sean for two hours. Go Buffs!

So we're "U of C?" lol
Reversing the order was a Big 8 thing. Kansas is KU, Nebraska is NU, Missouri is MU, Oklahoma is OU and Colorado is CU. Everyone else does it the other way.

For the Pac-12:
Arizona = UA
California = UC-Berkeley
Colorado = CU
Oregon = UO
Utah = UU (which might actually be reverse order like CU is, but how would you know? :D)
Washington = UW

Reversing the order was a Big 8 thing. Kansas is KU, Nebraska is NU, Missouri is MU, Oklahoma is OU and Colorado is CU. Everyone else does it the other way.

For the Pac-12:
Arizona = UA
California = UC-Berkeley
Colorado = CU
Oregon = UO
Utah = UU (which might actually be reverse order like CU is, but how would you know? :D)
Washington = UW
Plati has a synopsis somewhere on the website where he tries to make it seem like a CU specific development over time that had nothing to do with the Big 8. I always and continue to find that bizarre.

For the Pac-12:
Arizona = UA
California = UC-Berkeley
Colorado = CU
Oregon = UO
Washington = UW

UDub & DubU

This is helpful. Thanks Nik!

FWIW, most folks I know who have attended schools in our conference refer to their schools these ways...

Arizona = Arizona or Zona
Arizona State = ASU
UC-Berkeley = Cal or Cal Berkeley
UCLA = UCLA
Colorado = the greatest or CU
Oregon = U of O or Oregon
Oregon State = OSU or Oregon State
Stanford = Stanford
USC = USC or Southern Cal
Utah = The U or Utah
Washington = Udub
Washington State = Wazzu or Wash State

For the Pac-12:
Arizona = UA
California = UC-Berkeley
Colorado = CU
Oregon = UO
Washington = UW

Having this game on the PAC-12 Network relieves me from having to follow that ****ing white-out dress code thing, right?

For the Pac-12:
Arizona = UA
California = UC-Berkeley
Colorado = CU
Oregon = UO
Washington = UW
And bailer = fb

Keg is going to have a lot of red in it. There are already a huge number of their fans in here. Ughh. This has the potential to look like a game in Vegas during the tourney

D is great so far

it's Tad's 55th birthday

Walton has much more confidence than 1 month ago

I thought a light went on for Walton Thursday..........and we have a McGuckin hardware reference from Bill Walton. Who had that on their Bill Walton bingo cards?

Back