What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Game Thread: Pioneers @ Buffs 11/14 @ 7 PM on P12 Network

In fairness to @Scotch he has consistently defended Patton. This isn't some revisionist thing with him where he looked at the record in a database and decided that Patton was pretty good.

Yup. Scotch and I dramatically disagree on this one, but he's been consistent in his support so I give him props. And we'll continue to debate this at the Horse regularly.

I agree. I think the two of them would consider themselves peers beyond just their job titles.

And while no one will ever mistake me as a fan of Patton's coaching, I absolutely believe that CU and Bohn did him wrong and handled the situation about as horribly as possible.

CU screwed him. Hard. It was crappy how they handled that.

Boyle hasn't landed a recruit on Chauncey or Harrison's level yet, but overall his recruiting has been better than Patton's. But once again, his support was better to. Boyle is definitely the better gameday coach, that is big the difference imo.

To be fair, it's likely no coach at CU will ever land a recruit on Chauncey's level.

To be fair, it's likely no coach at CU will ever land a recruit on Chauncey's level.

Harrison was the same level recruit. He was the 3rd or 4th ranked high school center in the country and a McDonald's All-American. Patton and his staff beat out North Carolina for him. It helped his older brother DJ was already on the team.

Pac 12 stream died and the game is not available on TV here in the city where the Pac 12 offices are.

Harrison was the same level recruit. He was the 3rd or 4th ranked high school center in the country and a McDonald's All-American. Patton and his staff beat out North Carolina for him. It helped his older brother DJ was already on the team.

Harrison underachieved at every level, seemingly. I don't think that can be laid at Patton's feet. Everyone wanted him out of high school.

Walton getting some play. Gets an offensive rebound and passes it out for an open 3.

Later, Walton threw up the worst hook I’ve ever seen.

What a joke. This stream is horrible. Get your **** together, Pac 12. I'm out. This **** is not worth watching.

Go buffs.

Having minor issues with streaming and I have Comcast...anyone else have problems on other platforms?

Buffs head into the locker room with a 10 point lead...I expected this game to be more difficult than UNC.

Walton somewhat quicker than expected. terrifying to watch with the ball in the post.

Walton will not play much. I’m kind of disappointed. I was hoping he’d be better. Maybe in time. He’s still only a freshman and big guys take a while sometimes.

Walton will not play much. I’m kind of disappointed. I was hoping he’d be better. Maybe in time. He’s still only a freshman and big guys take a while sometimes.

Walton will most likely get some minutes this season. Siewert or Miller-Stewart will have some games where they could be in foul trouble plus Battey's academic redshirt. Remember Walton already had two ACL tears within 10 months of each other...he'll need the time to get the confidence in his knees back.

Back