What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Game Thread: San Diego at Colorado (December 12, 6:00 PM MT, P12N)

I switched to the Nets game and suddenly Spence went 1-11 from deep, I should stop watching basketball.

3 asst
24%

3 opponents with 4 fouls for almost 7 minutes.

0 opponents foul out. Including their top 2 defenders and their best player.

Horrible coaching job. That is on Tad

I wonder if Tad over-worked them in practice after returning from that Xavier debacle. Team looked like everyone's legs were shot. Couldn't jump, couldn't shoot, step slow on defense and rebounding. Looked like an NBA team on the 2nd night of back-to-backs at the end of a long road trip.

Speechless, just when you think they can't look any worse they show up with this effort. USD looked like they were playing with 6 guys on the court. It amazes me CU can shoot that bad okon own court...did they lift right before tip off.......ugh

I love it when Walton calls a game, I mute it and call the game myself and my wife dies laughing.
Tad has recruited some very athletic players I'll give him that much, might be time for him to consider going to a different offense and there's zero cohesion.

I like the cupcake OOC schedule (excepting the X-team), it was perfect to give this young team some wins and confidence. The downside for Buff fans is that we start thinking that maybe this team is better than it really is based on W-L.

that was disappointing. team played with little energy and little cohesiveness.

Four team assists for the entire game. GMAFB. Collier never looked for anyone else.

The number of students in the band was about the same as the number students in the general student section. the bowl was empty too. 6PM is too early of a tip time -- how is anyone with a job in Denver supposed to make that?

*really afraid to say anything*
congrats on your torero's -- big road win for them against a Big 6 team.

I was so frustrated after some plays where the Buffs could have passed the ball more. Hope they do better against the Jacks but the problem is that they have more size and could bang away at the Buffs' interior defense. They have three forwards 240 pounds or more.

I was really hacked after the game listening to the KOA team who rightfully groused about CU's poor offensive performance (defense was barely acceptable, holding a team that averages 79 pts a game to 69 pts). . but never gave the Toreros any credit. Toreros came in to Boulder ranked 7th in the nation in scoring defense, which says a lot for there performance of holding CU scoring down. And while they were leading the nation in 3 pointers, CU did fairly well keeping this in check. The swaming defense of the SD was truly amazing to watch and the Buffs were flustered. Granted the officials should of called more, and in the 2nd half they did a little better, but not enough, as did the Buffs. These two teams San Diego and South Dakota State are very probable NCAA Tournament level teams, so the loss and double OT win, shouldn't hurt the Buffs come rankings time. But the rest of the season looks questionable.

I was really hacked after the game listening to the KOA team who rightfully groused about CU's poor offensive performance (defense was barely acceptable, holding a team that averages 79 pts a game to 69 pts). . but never gave the Toreros any credit. Toreros came in to Boulder ranked 7th in the nation in scoring defense, which says a lot for there performance of holding CU scoring down. And while they were leading the nation in 3 pointers, CU did fairly well keeping this in check. The swaming defense of the SD was truly amazing to watch and the Buffs were flustered. Granted the officials should of called more, and in the 2nd half they did a little better, but not enough, as did the Buffs. These two teams San Diego and South Dakota State are very probable NCAA Tournament level teams, so the loss and double OT win, shouldn't hurt the Buffs come rankings time. But the rest of the season looks questionable.
I wasn't so much upset at losing to San Diego (good team that's playing well together) as I was at how flat the Buffs were in that one. Didn't match the intensity the Toreros brought to the Keg that night. I can excuse a clunker of a shooting night - it happens - but not getting killed on the glass like that and getting beat to every spot on the court all night long.

The Iowa game will be interesting. While the Buffs may (should) improve as the season progresses, Iowa looks like a mid-lower level Pac12 team. If we can beat them away from CEC, our prospects will be looking reasonably good for a .500 conference season.

Back