What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Game was lost on a bogus picked up penalty flag

To go back to the comment I made about the holding penalties (or lack of them), it seems that it was worse than I had realized when watching live.

Michigan was backed up close to their 10 yard line on that drive. At the beginning of that drive they got away with 2 blatant holds right in front of the refs and no flag. Both plays the DL being held had a play on the ball. Yes Michigan was bigger and stronger up front, but they had a lot of help from the zebras.

Having said that, the Buffs put themselves in position to win that game and blew it. Special teams the main culprit.

on to Oregon

To go back to the comment I made about the holding penalties (or lack of them), it seems that it was worse than I had realized when watching live.

Let me start by saying ST lost us the game. It was blatant and undeniable that the ST miscues cost us momentum and points. Second reason would be the sideline penalty. Should it have been called? I don't think so but it's in the past now and Leavitt should know better.

That being said, the lack of holding calls on UM was my biggest gripe (my TV can attest to the verbal berating) and will continue to stir the "home cooking" argument for a while. There was blatant holding on the edge by UM on most of their bigger run plays and a few of the QB pressures. While we had a few as well however we didn't have as many and was called for one critical one in the 3rd quarter on a great catch by Shay for a 1st that was eventually called back. Their DL was taking control after Montez came in.

In the end, still have to execute and ST did not. You could also feel the team just give up hope when Sefo went out. It was incredibly frustrating to watch from home. I haven't seen reactions from UM fans on purpose but I'm curious to see if they are humble or writing us off due to the final score.

1st of all STs and Sefo going out lost it for us. That being said, I think I had read UM has 5 straight home games to open the season (and 6 of 7 at home. this is why there really should be oversight into CFB schedules across teams and conferences, ridiculous) and their offense hadn't been called for a penalty their 1st two games.

Back