What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Game Week - Nebraska

can we branch this into two separate threads?

thread a – football
thread b – meth & corn

as much as I love seeing grown a** men throw their own feces at each other, I also enjoy some relevant game planning and roster analysis every once in a while

I love it.
CU= CSU’s Super Bowl
NU= Bluff’s super bowl!

All because of a VERY one sided all-time W/L record! :ROFLMAO:
*que triggered buff fan to post “scoreboard” or the drooled over 62 point effort* “Remember that one time!!!”

To that I simply respond...49-19-2...

Man, you guys were so awesome at football last century.

Too bad you guys haven't done anything in this one.

can we branch this into two separate threads?

thread a – football
thread b – meth & corn

as much as I love seeing grown a** men throw their own feces at each other, I also enjoy some relevant game planning and roster analysis every once in a while
I vote for this.

Last edited:
Man, you guys were so awesome at football last century.

Too bad you guys haven't done anything in this one.
That's because something (in a Nubs world) very bad happened on November 23, 2001.

The kNU Cornholer football program was murdered, and only a zombie replica now exists. No Conference Championships, no #1 rankings, nothing of note. The program was simply murdered and a 62-36 tombstone erected over it. Now their (old and mostly senile) fans revel in long past history because recent history is too painful

I wonder how FOX Sports will hype this game?
I was pretty disappointed in an ad I saw for the Michigan/Army game on Fox this Saturday. Huge spot hyping a game that will be over by halftime and not one mention of the game that will be on right after it. Fox is missing an opportunity with how they're marketing this game, methinks.

Last week I thought they intentionally limited Viska's touches and the explanation that it was csu's coverage schemes, was bogus. I think they want nu to use the same coverage so CU can present some new formations and plays and Viska gets several hundred yards receiving/running. Anyway, i hope that's it.

Last week I thought they intentionally limited Viska's touches and the explanation that it was csu's coverage schemes, was bogus. I think they want nu to use the same coverage so CU can present some new formations and plays and Viska gets several hundred yards receiving/running. Anyway, i hope that's it.

It wasn't bogus. CSU played straight zone, and bracket covered him every single play. Viska being double covered every play meant someone was open somewhere. Laviska needs his other receivers to be just as dangerous so that teams can't afford to double him. If that doesn't happen, he is going to be a very very talented decoy for a lot of this season.

It wasn't bogus. CSU played straight zone, and bracket covered him every single play. Viska being double covered every play meant someone was open somewhere. Laviska needs his other receivers to be just as dangerous so that teams can't afford to double him. If that doesn't happen, he is going to be a very very talented decoy for a lot of this season.

I hope we get to see him a lot more in the wildcat vs. the Nubbins.

No. CU had 243 yards rushing, averaging 6.1 yards/carry last week. We seem to have two really capable Running Backs. Viska needs to be part of this team for 11-13 more games. I wouldn't count on him being in the Wildcat very much this year.

I agree, I just think he is a weapon that needs more touches. I agree we have some capable backs, but I'd just like to see Viska get the ball a little more if teams are going to really try and sell out against him. On the flip side, I'd still like us to throw him the ball no matter what. He will either draw a penalty or come down with about every 50-50 ball. Just want to see him get rollin

I have high hopes for Viska this season, but he isn't going to sneak up on anyone. Teams are going to double him until CU proves they can hurt them in other ways. CSU had to start loosening up a bit in the 2nd half because we were running the ball down their throats, and they couldn't keep the safeties as deep.

Viska is going to need someone to step up to help loosen up the coverage.

I'm not worried are you worried, Viska will get his touches. Thinking how much enjoyment to be had with putting 250 or more yards on the ground against the nubs.

I'm not worried are you worried, Viska will get his touches. Thinking how much enjoyment to be had with putting 250 or more yards on the ground against the nubs.
The only worry I have is a selfish one. I want Viska to win the Biletnikoff, be in the heisman discussion, and be a top 15 pick in next years draft. That is very very good for CU. I worry that he isn't going to have that kind of season because of the coverage he is going to see.

That being said, defenses being so focused on him, is going to open up the rest of the offense to do some serious damage, which is good news for everyone.

Back