What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Game Week - Nebraska

Unless he gets bracketed. Which he did. All game.
KD mother****in Nixon.

Mark my words. We can have a great offensive season if he becomes a concerning threat racking up catches and runs. He’s got the chops to do it. Have two exciting/scary offensive targets, and we’re in business.

D still a gulper, but heck, we’ve got a former elite SEC DC at the helm, and it’s kinda hard to lose when you rack up 40-50 points a game.

Look for KD to start to blow up and open up the season. You heard it here first.

KD mother****in Nixon.

Mark my words. We can have a great offensive season if he becomes a concerning threat racking up catches and runs. He’s got the chops to do it. Have two exciting/scary offensive targets, and we’re in business.

D still a gulper, but heck, we’ve got a former elite SEC DC at the helm, and it’s kinda hard to lose when you rack up 40-50 points a game.

Look for KD to start to blow up and open up the season. You heard it here first.

This is what I’m talking about. I remember watching KD running sweeps his freshman year, and thinking that this kid has that burst of speed and seems shifty...he may become something in the coming years!

KD mother****in Nixon.

we have some playmakers at wideout and it should open things up for viska to get his. plus, the newly discovered tight end and an actual running game. here's how i have been thinking about it: if viska were on alabama or clemson or georgia, how would he be used, how would he get his, and what would be the most effective plan?

we have some playmakers at wideout and it should open things up for viska to get his. plus, the newly discovered tight end and an actual running game. here's how i have been thinking about it: if viska were on alabama or clemson or georgia, how would he be used, how would he get his, and what would be the most effective plan?
How did Alabama use Julio Jones and how did Clemson use Sammy Watkins?

Can someone explain bracketing? I think I know what it means but could use some clarification.
Heh, good time for me to plug my podcast cuz I went over it in there on this week's Nuhbraska podcast. Kidding, but essentially what CSU did was horizontal bracketing, more than vertical but they did a little of both. Vertical is when the cornerback covers the short routes while a safety over the top covers anything deep. Vertical is the cornerback covering routes typically from the hashes out while a linebacker inside covers the receivers route to the inside. CSU bracketed Viska (which is technically man coverage because they will follow the receiver even if he heads into the other guys territory) while running zone elsewhere. So when they ran their brackets on Viska they had two guys covering him in man, while other guys in zone could have helped out if he crossed into their territory.

I probably butchered that but that's how we ran it in High School.

(WTH was 4BTD quoted?!?)
Can someone explain bracketing? I think I know what it means but could use some clarification.
I’d give you an a-hole response, but you’ve had plenty and I believe you are sincere in the question.

From a layman’s perspective, it is a coverage scheme with a corner covering low (first 15-20 yards) and a safety covering high (beyond 20 yards). Both have advantages over the receiver knowing a move beyond their coverage requirements has somebody else involved so they can cheat a bit. Helps massively against someone like Shenault that has such a significant athletic skill level but then makes it 9 on 10 across the rest of the field. This is why the rest of our skill players need to make teams pay for this approach.

Last edited:
Heh, good time for me to plug my podcast cuz I went over it in there on this week's Nuhbraska podcast. Kidding, but essentially what CSU did was horizontal bracketing, more than vertical but they did a little of both. Vertical is when the cornerback covers the short routes while a safety over the top covers anything deep. Vertical is the cornerback covering routes typically from the hashes out while a linebacker inside covers the receivers route to the inside. CSU bracketed Viska (which is technically man coverage because they will follow the receiver even if he heads into the other guys territory) while running zone elsewhere. So when they ran their brackets on Viska they had two guys covering him in man, while other guys in zone could have helped out if he crossed into their territory.

Thanks. So when they had him horizontally bracketed it seems he has a good matchup with a lb? Probably wins the battle for a catch but has a hard time getting loose from there

I’d give you an a-hole response, but you’ve had plenty and I believe you are sincere in the question.

From a layman’s perspective, it is a coverage scheme with a corner covering low (first 15-20 yards) and a safety covering high (beyond 20 yards). Both have advantages over the receiver knowing a move beyond their coverage requirements has somebody else involved so they can cheat a bit. Helps massively against someone like Shenault that has such a significant athletic skill level but then makes it 9 on 10 across the rest of the field. This is why the rest of our skill players need to make teams pay for this approach.

Hey! Who you calling an asshole?

Yeah, and this more educated response puts mine to shame. Thanks, Bread! ;)

Edit: @Bread had a much better explanation than I did.

One thing we both said though is that bracketing, just like a double team in man coverage, opens up opportunities for other receivers.

Thanks. So when they had him horizontally bracketed it seems he has a good matchup with a lb? Probably wins the battle for a catch but has a hard time getting loose from there
Yes, but since they were running it in a zone, even if he beat that guy he's crossing into someone's zone so that made it tough on him.

Good point, I thought the TE game was seriously encouraging.(y)

if the sphincter fits?

no Buff on Buff violence-- there's a wagon train of morbidly obese livestock screwing illiterate flatlanders headed toward folsom. prepare! it is like hurricane preparedness except you can outrun (out walk or crawl, actually) a fusker.

True we have to save that for the offseason!

Hey
Asshole friendly fire!!!
Why am I quoted?

(WTH was 4BTD quoted?!?)

Yeah, get ‘im, H-lizzle!

We got us a hootenanny!
:LOL:

Are there going to be streaming options for this game? Not sure I'll be able to make it to a tv.

Are there going to be streaming options for this game? Not sure I'll be able to make it to a tv.
I think Sling Orange, or maybe it’s blue, one of them has fox. You can also go to reddit.com/r/cfbstreams and click on one of the streams that’s mobile friendly if you’re on your cell phone

Back