What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Games thread - #3 WOMEN'S bball begins 4 game road swing at #25 OSU (Fri.,1/26/24, 8:00 PM MT; P-12 Net.) & Oregon (Sunday, 1:00 PM MT; P-12 Net.)

Sherrod pulls out of a drive against an out of position opponent, waste 20 seconds to get a blocked shot.

Learn from this one and put it away. They've been playing a pretty damn tough schedule lately. These games happen, don't really think it's panic time just yet.

Coach JR did not coach the end of the 2nd Qtr very smart. Up by 10 with 5-minutes to go and they go on a 12-2 run to take a 2-point lead and then the Vonleh brain fart. She took 1 timeout during the run. That set the tone for the second half.
Bad loss, but can take the pain out on Oregon

Come on. They are playing a top 25 team on the road. Let’s not go overboard
You’re right. Sorry for my over reaction there. This is a great team that just had an off night. Just tough as a fan since I just wanted us to hold on to 1st place in the PAC. If you look back, you’ll see that I’ve said this team should/could win the PAC. Just hoping that we don’t end up in 5th or 6th place at the end of the season. There’s so many ranked teams, it’s crowded at the top and I’m hopeful they’ll get this fixed so we are challenging for the top spot at the end of the regular season.

Thabks for calling me out. I love this team. Let’s put this one behind us and win out the rest of the way? :)

This team has stopped scoring like they did earlier in the season. 62 points is not going to win games.

I don't think the coaches made adjustments during halftime that helped.. Didn't play great on offense or defense.

Just not a good showing. Have to get better by tomorrow.

This team has stopped scoring like they did earlier in the season. 62 points is not going to win games.

I don't think the coaches made adjustments during halftime that helped.. Didn't play great on offense or defense.

Just not a good showing. Have to get better by tomorrow.
Didn't see the game so won't comment on this one.

In a tough league everyone loses some games, usually on the road.

The quality teams bounce back. Expect this team to do just that.

I expect them to bounce back just fine. Free throws were not a problem at all, I can see why they ended up missing two. From when I turned on the game, they were mostly behind the whole damn time. That'll take a toll on you scrambling around trying to get back in it. A few things bothered me, though. One, Sherrod can't be hesitant to take the 3's, hell, they were flat giving them to her. Two, if Frida has trouble getting her own shot, set her up to get some looks and in rhythm. They are a different team when she's hitting shots. Another, and I get Oregon State has length, gotta be better on the boards. Some of that was foul trouble too, shocking, I know. Also, quit forcing it so much you turn the damn ball over. There is a difference between taking what is there and having no choice but to have to make a play when it's needed. They'll be ok though, LEARN from it.

Give OSU credit on defense. After Formann went on her run early they switch or else 22 picked up her game. She smothered Formann wherever she went which really disrupted the offense. No 4 on OSU was able to routinely get past Sherrod and into the lane. Wetta did a much better job slowing her. Sherrod let the crowd get in her head, unfortunately

Give OSU credit on defense. After Formann went on her run early they switch or else 22 picked up her game. She smothered Formann wherever she went which really disrupted the offense. No 4 on OSU was able to routinely get past Sherrod and into the lane. Wetta did a much better job slowing her. Sherrod let the crowd get in her head, unfortunately
Their No. 4 (freshman) played a great game.

Didn't see the game so won't comment on this one.

In a tough league everyone loses some games, usually on the road.

The quality teams bounce back. Expect this team to do just that.
Yeah. I'm not going to worry too much about losing on the road vs a Top 25 as a bit of a letdown after 3 straight games against Top 15s. Bounce back with a win this weekend and all is well.

Don't hate me, but I'm going to give some love for OSU men and women in their last year in a power conference - their men beat #9 Arizona and their women beat #3 CU on consecutive nights. I hate losing any conference games, but if it had to be one, I'd rather it be OSU or WSU than anyone else.

Don't hate me, but I'm going to give some love for OSU men and women in their last year in a power conference - their men beat #9 Arizona and their women beat #3 CU on consecutive nights. I hate losing any conference games, but if it had to be one, I'd rather it be OSU or WSU than anyone else.
And then lets take some of their better players in the portal once they are MWC

Could not watch the game, but looks like overall, they were motivated not to get beat twice.
It is good to split a road trip, but with higher rating and expectations, the OSU game is gonna hurt.

Could not watch the game, but looks like overall, they were motivated not to get beat twice.
It is good to split a road trip, but with higher rating and expectations, the OSU game is gonna hurt.
A loss on the road to a top 25 team isn’t going to hurt that much. I get that it’s Oregon State but it’s not a bad loss. Iowa dropped from 2 to 6 for losing to 18 on the road, I expect about the same.

OSu ran utah today by almost 40 and USC and UCLA lost. Unless you are a team like UCoNN of Tenn in their heyday, you are going to lose a couple games like that. Got to beat OSU at home. That will be the tough loss if it happens

We got the W. I don't understand where the scoring has gone. We led almost the entire game. Frida once again was in foul trouble.

No team was ever going to run the tables in the Pac and they have not.

UCLA since last Tuesday: loss, win, loss. Lauren Betts didn't play for an undisclosed medical reason and WSU's best player was injured in the game.

We have to do what we can do for ourselves and that is win. Be interesting to see today's rankings.

Happy to see Sara Rose back but she sat a long time and couldn't practice. She is not up to her usual playing self.

Sherrod wants to win so much. She is putting a lot of pressure on herself.

Media after yesterday's W:

Article - https://cubuffs.com/news/2024/1/28/...kes-care-of-oregon-get-back-in-the-win-column

"

Colorado Gets Back in the Win Column Against Oregon​

By: Tanner Kay, Athletic Communication Associate

EUGENE, Ore. --
No. 3 Colorado bounced back with a 61-48 win over Oregon to close the first leg of the four-game road trip on Sunday.

Colorado improves to 17-3 and 7-2 in the Pac-12, while Oregon drops to 11-11 and 2-7 in the conference.

After falling to Oregon State Friday night, Colorado came out and built 21 21-point first-half lead on its way to victory.

It was a team effort that got the Buffaloes back on track, in which all nine active players made at least one field goal throughout the game. Aaronette Vonleh, returning to her home state, registered her second double-double of the season, finishing the day with 16 points and 10 rebounds.

"She [Aaronette Vonleh] is just so good and it still has so much room to grow," head coach JR Payne said after the win. "She's just has such an incredible career ahead of her. It's really great for her to be able to play in front of her family, her mom, her grandmother and a lot of people were here which is always great. I know she enjoyed being close to them here."

CU outrebounded the Ducks, 52-41, and the shooting woes for Oregon (18-for-57) contributed to getting back in the win column. CU also took advantage of UO turnovers, outscoring the Ducks 22-5 in the category.

"I thought our defense was phenomenal in the first half, not as not as great in the second half," Payne stated. "I think when we really are focused defensively, guarding as a team, we talked a lot about Grace Vanslooten, no one's going to stop her by themselves but collectively we can make them work for her buckets. I thought we defended really well as a team."

The Buffs held Oregon to just 11 points in the first half, proving the fewest points allowed in a half since holding Arizona to 10 in February of 2014.

KEY MOMENT
Buffs started to pull away in the second quarter with a 13-0 run, followed up with an 11-0 run after a pair of OU free throws. Eight of the nine active players for CU on Sunday recorded at least one bucket in the first half, something the Ducks could not match.

UP NEXT
Colorado will head back on the road next weekend, where it will take on Washington State Friday night and follow up with Washington Sunday afternoon.

NOTES
CU is now 11-19 all-time against Oregon…CU's 61 points were the lowest of the season…CU allowed under 15 points at the half with 11 for the first time since December 21, 2022, against Marquette (13)...CU allowed the lowest points scored in a quarter this season with three…CU's bench outscored Oregon 21-3...Colorado outscored the Ducks in the paint 40-22.
"
_________________________________________________________________________________

Box score - https://cubuffs.com/sports/womens-basketball/stats/2023-24/oregon/boxscore/16638

Back