What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Games thread- #4 WOMEN'S BBall hosts Oregon (Fri., 2/9/24; 7:00 PM MT; Pac Mtn.) and #17/19 OSU (Sunday, Noon MT; Pac 12 Net.)

May be time to pull all the starters before someone really gets hurt
The team played awesome, such a complete game without having to get a huge game from Sherrod and Forman. Vonleh was rock steady, Quay is a stud rebounder, glad she got the double-double, and Maddie was en fuego.

Crowd was decent, I was there, and I really wish JR had not played any starters in the 4th, but Oregon did not waive the white flag till about under 5:00, even after their star player was getting hurt.

Payback against OSU!

I almost got the feeling that they NEEDED to play the starters somewhat late to give the subs some rest as they were already liberally substituting from midway through the 3rd. (Looking at it overall, Nolan was the minutes leader with 29, and the other 4 starters only played from 18-22 minutes.)

I almost got the feeling that they NEEDED to play the starters somewhat late to give the subs some rest as they were already liberally substituting from midway through the 3rd. (Looking at it overall, Nolan was the minutes leader with 29, and the other 4 starters only played from 18-22 minutes.)
When I say Subs, I mean the Freshman, players 10-14
We were up 27 points
If you have players that are hopefully going hard in practice and there are real PAC12 minutes to be had for them, and since this entire team is turning over, then give those kids some minutes to motivate them, save your starters and second team health, and usually gives the team a boost to watch them score
Not a big deal, just an observation

JR Payne is hands down the best HC in the CU Ath Dept. (I’d have said Wetmore 3 yrs ago.) Just watch the games, the HS recruiting, her pressers, and especially her transfers-in.

Prime is a very interesting outlier, and Tad is OK, but JR is the gold standard. Saw this a while ago, and as always, JMHO. We are watching excellence here, so enjoy.

P.S. I think that transfers-in are going to become a consistently more key element in the makeup of the roster than are HS recruits. Hopefully she succeeds at high levels on both, but het batting average on transfers is insanely good so far.

Last edited:
Buffs had a field day v Oregon's 2-3 zone. On almost every possession until the fourth quarter CU got off quality shots without a huge amount of effort as there wasn't much pressure on the ball and it was moved quickly and efficiently till the a shot went up. Interestingly, Oregon had quite a height advantage with their starters going 6-8, 6-7 and 6-3 on the front line but this wasn't a factor in the game with CU getting 40 points in the paint and out rebounding the Ducks 14 with CU getting 46 to 31 for OU.

The OSU game Sunday will be a real challenge.

At half and this game appears to be over. OSU 9-16 from beyond the arc and up by 20. It does indeed feel hopeless like the men’s game last night. Oregon State looks like they will challenge for the conference title.

Both the mens and womens teams do not seem to use Screens and even Double Screens to free people up for clean shots
OSU is using a high screen at the 3-point line to free the shooter up

Sports is crazy. To go from the way they played on Friday with that level of connection and efficiency to what they're delivering today is almost unfathomable. Completely different team.

Now we are getting a bad whistle and no energy and no baskets falling
Gotta come up with a set play to free up the 3's

There is no time for offensive sets, simply set up for a hard dribble attack and toss it back to a 3-point shooter
If they figure it out, continue to the basket

I would have taken an Oregon Loss and an Oregon State ass kicking over this :(

we can't win a game in the first half, but we sure as **** lost this one in the first half.

That being said, the men would have folded like a cheap tent at the 8 minute mark in the 2nd and lost by 37.

**** sports

Back