What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Games thread - #5/7 WOMEN'S bball on the road to face Arizona (Fri.,1/5/24, 6:00 PM MT; P-12 Net.) & ASU (Sunday, noon MT; P-12 Net.)

I cannot stand basketball when that AZ player drives in and jumps into Wetta and gets rewarded with the basket and a foul. Its is either a basket or an offensive foul, no reward for un-natural basketball contact by the offensive player

Why in a game that you are down 6, do you have your all American pg on the bench for most of the 3rd q?

JR was playing for the two games instead of pounding AZ tonight. Rested Sherrod way too much.
Could be wrong but I think Sherrod got benched for ball hogging. It was really bad in the third quarter and then she did it to start the 4th. There was one possession where she just dribbled around forever and then the shot clock ran down and we fired up an awful shot. No passes at all for the entire shot clock. I understand that she's probably the best player on the team, but you need to pass the ball and run an offense.

Starting to think the eye poke in the 2nd Q had more of an effect than we think

Could be wrong but I think Sherrod got benched for ball hogging. It was really bad in the third quarter and then she did it to start the 4th. There was one possession where she just dribbled around forever and then the shot clock ran down and we fired up an awful shot. No passes at all for the entire shot clock. I understand that she's probably the best player on the team, but you need to pass the ball and run an offense.
Both possible, but she is unstoppable and you gotta not give AZ and their asshat crowd any hope.
Missed easy shots and had a hot team sticking with you. Home cooking refs and that final jump ball was the most pathetic call ever. Had they lost it would have been a travesty

BTW - if you think AZ Men's fans are geriatric, holy hell do you need to check out their women's fans

That's the way point guards of the past have played. It doesn't mean a win and often means a loss. They also have a game on Sunday.

All of the players were struggling on offense and defense. She didn't have anyone to pass it to that she was confident they would make the shot.

Sara-Rose Smith made some clutch plays. She’s often there with a key rebound or a needed bucket. Really good acquisition.

The bright side is that the Buffs won a road conference game against a pretty good team that was making its shots, on a night that we were not. Onward and upward.

Back