What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Games thread - Men's Bball opens Pac 12 play hosting Stanford (Sunday, 11/28/21, 5:00 PM MT) and visiting #5 UCLA (Wed., 7:30 PM MT)

Waiting for Tad on KOA

opportunity missed
Fought
Didn’t take care of the ball
Have to slow down. Fewer turnovers.
“Evan was in foul trouble but tonight’s, well, whatever.”
We weren’t at our best from three (24%)
Still searching for a point guard.
Tyger is legit
Jabari needs to be aggressive but under control
UCLA was looking (on Evan) to take it on the chest and flop
Will not practice tomorrow morning.

Last edited:
If you don’t come out of this game impressed with the Buffs and excited for the year I don’t know what to tell you.
So much this. Team battled. Rough foul issues and Tyger just had a career high in points and tied his career high in 3pfgm. I don’t know what happened with Kee, but his confidence and aggression has disappeared. I also expected Nique’s confidence and aggression to increase and take a starting lineup spot, but I don’t see it yet. We do have some really good players. We need the average ones to step up. Can’t be upset with a loss to UCLA at the Pav. UCLA could go 15-3 in conf play and that’s if we count a loss in Boulder. They could do better.

Sorry, but I'm so tired of this attitude by CU basketball fans. Sure, we showed promise in the second half but we lost and did not cover. That is not a reason to be impressed.

I'm fine with chalking this game up as a tough game on the road that we lost but I just don't see how it is impressive.
It feels weird to be excited about a team that just got their ass kicked. But I really do, I think we are gonna be VERY good next year, even if Walker leaves for NBA.

KJ will be the future buff leader, and Nique will be really good.

GIF by Star Wars

Everything went wrong, all of our front line was in foul trouble, and the team fought back within four in the 2d half despite horrific reffing in a hostile arena against a storied program ranked 5th in the nation that was chock full of talent to the point they have 5 stars coming off the bench.

The young guys, by and large, showed they belonged and could play even when the chips were down. Lots to like about that effort. **** happens.
I'm sure I've been closely following Colorado basketball longer than you have so I don't need the Yoda gif.

There were definitely positives to be taken from the game and that the team can build off of them, but I think it's a stretch to say that it was impressive.

By the way, Jabari recorded his 5th double double of the year with 22p, 11r, a sick ass 1ast, and I don’t know how he didn’t get a steal or block, but he impacted some plays on D too. He gone after this year. I think we have a bright future and it’s awesome that we’ll have 5?? Buffs in the NBA next year!!

I'm sure I've been closely following Colorado basketball longer than you have so I don't need the Yoda gif.

There were definitely positives to be taken from the game and that the team can build off of them, but I think it's a stretch to say that it was impressive.
What was impressive is that the line up that got us back to the game is very young, and will be the foundation of our next year team.

Being young as the excuse? For CU football ,that's virtual reality. For CU basketball, that's reality.
I realize the situation is different for the buffs, but being young in college basketball rings a little hollow.

I appreciate your love of Preston Slaughter (we all love him) and the teams of the past, but your inability to see the difference from this team and those teams is odd. We had absurd foul trouble, a bad shooting night, a career night from the opposing PG, and actually did cover the spread (+13.5, you were wrong about this in an earlier post) on the road against a final 4 team from last year who lost no one and loaded up with better players.

By the way, Jabari recorded his 5th double double of the year with 22p, 11r, a sick ass 1ast, and I don’t know how he didn’t get a steal or block, but he impacted some plays on D too. He gone after this year. I think we have a bright future and it’s awesome that we’ll have 5?? Buffs in the NBA next year!!
7 if you count head coaches, maybe 8 or 9 if George King and/or Tyler Bey work back from the G League.

I appreciate your love of Preston Slaughter (we all love him) and the teams of the past, but your inability to see the difference from this team and those teams is odd. We had absurd foul trouble, a bad shooting night, a career night from the opposing PG, and actually did cover the spread (+13.5, you were wrong about this in an earlier post) on the road against a final 4 team from last year who lost no one and loaded up with better players.
My allegiances are more with folks like Jaquay Walls and Ernest Renfro. But perhaps you're right. The future does look bright. It just rubs me wrong when we get smoked and people call it impressive.

Good - We got back within 4. I was afraid they would mail it in. They definitely didn't.
Good - I think there is a decent chance we get Jabari for a third year. Not necessarily because he's not playing up to his hype, but he can afford to wait. Not all players have that luxury.
Good - KJ looks like a player. He could be a really good one. Not afraid to take shots. Great athleticism. I think he will defend.

Not so good - I don't think Tristan will take the next step. Hope he proves me wrong.

Not so good - Lawson looks like he is really struggling with playing at this level. Hopefully it is just a confidence issue, but it seems he will struggle at this level.

Wish Quincy could play this year.

Other comment - Refs certainly didn't help us in this game. But we kept fighting.

You know what really bugs me about the way Battey is treated in this conference? That he's played here for 4 years and even now the refs still can't figure out how to call his game. You can't tell me, after all the games he's played at CU, that the refs haven't had plenty of opportunities to review CU's games, the officiating in those games, and see how they so often misjudge him. That tells me not that they're out to get Evan or the Buffs, but that they just don't care. They don't care about getting calls right or improving their performance. That they're still calling stuff on him the same way they did in 2018 tells me all I need about the Pac-12's commitment to improving their officiating and how it impacts the conference's reputation.

My allegiances are more with folks like Jaquay Walls and Ernest Renfro. But perhaps you're right. The future does look bright. It just rubs me wrong when we get smoked and people call it impressive.
You’re looking at a 12 point loss, when the spread was 13.5, without considering the other points I made as to why it was impressive.

Young team went on the road against a legit title contender, fell big early, fought back. As Darth has said a million times, it's hard to win on the road in college basketball. Team has massive long term upside.

You’re looking at a 12 point loss, when the spread was 13.5, without considering the other points I made as to why it was impressive.
I didn't look it up but I trust you so I admit that I had the spread wrong.
It's worth pointing out that UCLA was without one of their best players for a lot of the game.

We'll see how things go against Tennessee. Go Buffs!

Buffs
View attachment 48412

UCLA
View attachment 48413

There was a huge difference in experience on the floor tonight
We've got 2 true vets and 2 guys who played a good amount when it mattered last year.

UCLA's a pretty veteran team, but as that stat shows, the thing that stands out for them is that their vets are guys like Campbell who are keeping insanely good players like Peyton Watson on the bench.

He is a underweighted true freshman. Give him some time to adapt.

Yeah, not many big men come in and dominate from the start. Those guys go into the lottery the next year. For most of them it takes a year or two.

Good - I think there is a decent chance we get Jabari for a third year. Not necessarily because he's not playing up to his hype, but he can afford to wait. Not all players have that luxury

I want Jabari here as long as he wants to be, but after the Mayor, I kinda want all our guys who can go high in the draft to go when they can.

I didn't look it up but I trust you so I admit that I had the spread wrong.
It's worth pointing out that UCLA was without one of their best players for a lot of the game.

We'll see how things go against Tennessee. Go Buffs!
Heck, they were also without Riley and Etienne. They're loaded.

If we could've hit shots tonight and they were there to be had, this game would've been close as hell. Losing by 12 to #5 at their house in what I think was our first true road game this year, is pretty quick progress. Build off of it. Another thing, I hope Jabari is aggressive like this every game, controlled aggression like someone said earlier. It'll open up a ton especially for Battey. They won't be able to double him as much. The new guys have to start hitting those wide open looks, though.

What's happening to EB is a tragedy. Forget it's basketball - here's a very talented kid being kept from fully pusruing his dreams. Seriously. At least 1/2 the calls on him are BS - refs doing what they anticapated doing, night after night.
My only thought for a fix: A moving video on EB overcoming the 2 heart issues (not 1, as is popular now), his value to the community, his scholarship. There is not a better college athlete story and if this would go nationwide, the refs may see he needs to stay on the court.. I realize this has about zero chance of working, but I can't think of anything else.

tough game. like the no quit.

how a team performs against the betting line means nothing to me w/r/t whether they played impressively or not.

Back