What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Games thread - Men's Bball opens Pac 12 play hosting Stanford (Sunday, 11/28/21, 5:00 PM MT) and visiting #5 UCLA (Wed., 7:30 PM MT)

How was Battey on the boards? I had to drive over to Durango so I didn't get to see it. I started reading some of this when I got back and saw he was shooting 3s, I was like wtf? What were they doing, a bunch of high pick and roll?
Jabari controlled the boards.

Yes, Evan was spotted up as a screen & pop. He also spaced to the wing & they lost him a couple times.

Evan did everything today. Steals, blocks, dimes, boards, Drew fouls, drives, jumpers, amazing footwork in the post. He was amazing.

How was Battey on the boards? I had to drive over to Durango so I didn't get to see it. I started reading some of this when I got back and saw he was shooting 3s, I was like wtf? What were they doing, a bunch of high pick and roll?
Only 2 rebounds.

Goddamn that was fun. I'm getting worn out. Kiddo loved it, she wants to go to another game tomorrow.

So stoked we were there for Battey's 1000th point.

That 2017 class man, Tad killed it.

It's funny how Tad talks about this team a lot like he talked about the Mckinley team during their first 2 years (and even at times into the 3d year). You can see the defensive lapses and they are just complete brain farts. Clean those up and this team gets very dangerous.

Good win. Battey was tremendous. Stanford was 46% from three before those last two desperation heaves, and we still pulled off the win. This team is fun. Far from perfect, but they are fun.

Awesome win, especially when the opponent shoots lights-out. Stanford shot way over the season averages from both the field and charity line. Battey was incredible. I love watching De Silva play - silky smooth, very efficient with really good offensive skills. I still wish we had a quality transfer or two to balance the roster with more experience.

First of four games for us tonight. I don't really watch the games on TV, but they are fun to attend. It was a fun game to watch - competitive. Congrats to Evan Battey on his milestone!

Was at the game. CUnit was nearly invisible, which was a shame. Crowd was meh, but got into it when it counted. CU had some mental lapses that could have cost them the game, and Stanford was hitting threes like layups. Also, Stanford out-rebounded CU, which won’t make Tad happy. Overall fun game and even though it was close, it seemed like CU always was in control. Even when they were down 11 points, it felt like they were just working through a few things and would get started any time now.

Was at the game. CUnit was nearly invisible, which was a shame. Crowd was meh, but got into it when it counted. CU had some mental lapses that could have cost them the game, and Stanford was hitting threes like layups. Also, Stanford out-rebounded CU, which won’t make Tad happy. Overall fun game and even though it was close, it seemed like CU always was in control. Even when they were down 11 points, it felt like they were just working through a few things and would get started any time now.
I get that feeling a lot with this team. It's strange.

One more thing. The 76ers had two scouts there yesterday. Not sure who they were focused on. Probably Walker and Ingram.

Did anyone save/listen to KOA, post-game? Tad talking about EB, said something, that he'd like to have him back for a Covid year, but EB wanted to go for the NBA. I'd never heard anything along those lines. Europe wouldn't surprise me.

One thing - we weren't really out-rebounded. CU had more offensive rebounds, which is where rebounding matters since it gains you possessions. Stanford had a higher total because CU missed a bunch more shots (FG & FT attempts). That said, Tad can & will be all over his guys for being outrebounded. 😄

Back