What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Games thread-MEN'S BBALL opens season hosting UC-Riverside (Monday, 11/7/22, 6:30 MT) & at Grambling (Fri, 6 MT) & #11 Tennessee (Sun, Noon MT)

Pretty sure that Tad does his own schedule. All sports do, other than football unless it's a negotiated series.
Didn't sound like it in this case. Maybe he was forced into something or had to accomodate some things he didn't want to. 🤷‍♂️

Didn't sound like it in this case.

Heard the same thing, I think it was more of upset about the circumstances, but Tad does do his own scheduling.

But that said, Grambling was part of a Pac12-HBCU partnership, Tennessee was the backend of a deal that was made in 2020 by Tad (via Tomlinson/Kim English), then you have your thanksgiving tournament. Tad was able to make it more of a east coast swing, so that's good. But in the end RG had pretty much nothing to do with it.

Didn't sound like it in this case. Maybe he was forced into something or had to accomodate some things he didn't want to. 🤷‍♂️
Maybe the Grambling game? The HBCU matchups happened at the conference level as a Pac 12 thing.

It's about being diplomatic. If a player doesn't fit your system exactly, why did you recruit him? Why not play him despite his faults? Especially in a game you have in hand. This bone headed devotion to making a "system" work properly is insane, and if you lose a top-50 player to the portal you will sabotage all future recruiting efforts.
Tad's "system" is just so difficult : Work hard on defense and rebounding, first! Effort counts more than "talent"!

So very, very hard when you have all the "potential" in the world to be a star!!

Comfortable W with enough issues for Tad to rant about in practice. Pretty good result. Love Hadley and Gabiddon. Rebounding is going to be an issue all year, make up for it with like 8 people who can competently guard 1-4.
Occur to you that one of the reasons the rebounding was "off" is because our guys' defense was pushed way out so as to not give up any wide open threes???

Kinda hard to be two places at the same time outsIde of a QUANTUM UNIVERSE.

Heard the same thing, I think it was more of upset about the circumstances, but Tad does do his own scheduling.

But that said, Grambling was part of a Pac12-HBCU partnership, Tennessee was the backend of a deal that was made in 2020 by Tad (via Tomlinson/Kim English), then you have your thanksgiving tournament. Tad was able to make it more of a east coast swing, so that's good. But in the end RG had pretty much nothing to do with it.
Either way...Fvck Rick.

Occur to you that one of the reasons the rebounding was "off" is because our guys' defense was pushed way out so as to not give up any wide open threes???

stripes lighten GIF

The rebounding is going to be a struggle relative to the last few years because you’ve lost one of the best space eating bigs who boxed out as good as anyone in Evan Battey, and a just terrific ball hawk in Jabari Walker. Those two were a dominant rebounding tandem.

Didn’t watch and looked up box score. Thought it was interesting Hurlburt didn’t play at all

Didn’t watch and looked up box score. Thought it was interesting Hurlburt didn’t play at all
I was thinking about that, too. If there was a way for him to redshirt, it would really set up our front court pipeline.

Instead of "mom" or his GF, or some cause or person he cares about, Hadley has this:
I thought DeS was 'backing off', giving Hadley more room or something, and I think it effected DeS's output. I think in time, the 2 of them will both be going full speed together.
Looks like Hadley is going to be crucial.
Go Buffs.

Attachments

• hadley.jpeg
    hadley.jpeg
    88.8 KB · Views: 11
Grambling State is the trappiest of trap games. With Tennessee looming, does Tad and team even prep for this game? This is a "get out of here with a dub no matter what" situation to me. Win by 6 or 8 or whatever and stay healthy for Tennessee

Vegas line is CU -15.5, which I think is too many points. When I went to the site I use, Bovada, the game is not listed, even if you do a search.
Is Bovada just a crappy site?

Preview for this evening's game - https://cubuffs.com/news/2022/11/10...road-trip-with-pac-12-swac-legacy-series.aspx

"
AC-12/SWAC LEGACY SERIES: Friday's Colorado-Grambling State game is part of the Pac-12 Conference/Southwest Athletic Conference Legacy Series, an educational and basketball scheduling partnership between the two leagues.

The 2022 edition features six men's and six women's Pac-12 programs beginning a home-and-home series with SWAC institutions. The series began with the Oregon men hosting Florida A&M on Nov. 7, an 80-45 victory for the Ducks.

Colorado will be the first to be a road opponent as the Buffaloes visit Grambling and marks the first time the Tigers have hosted a Power 5 opponent in their history. Grambling will make a return visit to Boulder in 2023-24.

Friday morning, Colorado will tour the Eddie G. Robinson museum near the Grambling campus. The museum is a landmark dedicated to recognizing the contributions of the school's legendary football coach as a source of education and inspiration.

For more information visit: pac12.me/Legacy-Series.

ABOUT THE TIGERS: Grambling State opened its season with an 82-57 home win over UNT-Dallas on Nov. 7. Carte'are Gordon led the Grambling State effort with 18 points and 14 rebounds. Shawndarius Cowart and Terrence Lewis had 13 points each while Zahad Munford had 10 points off the bench.

Grambling State was picked to finish sixth in the SWAC Preseason poll. Cameron Christian was selected to the Preseason All-SWAC First Team.

THE SERIES: This is the second all-time meeting between Colorado and Grambling State. The Buffaloes won the first meeting, 93-47, on Dec. 29, 2007, in Boulder. Colorado is 13-0 all-time against the Southwest Athletic Conference. This will be the Buffaloes' first road game with a SWAC opponent.
"
_________________________________________________________________________________________

Game notes - https://cubuffs.com/documents/2022/11/10/cunotes_grambling_state.pdf

Is Grambling supposed to be better than last year or something?

I mean, I get nervous for every game, but I had this figured as a Quad 4 game on the resume.

The only reason I kept Dish is because of the Pac 12 Nerwork. The football program had me rethinking that. But the basketball season has me backing off a bit. Tonight’s game will be on the Pac 12 Network on Dish.

Is Grambling supposed to be better than last year or something?

I mean, I get nervous for every game, but I had this figured as a Quad 4 game on the resume.
They have Carte'are Gordon who was a very hyped recruit out of St. Louis. Early in HS was considered a top 25 player in his class, fell back to Top 50-75 range by the time he graduated. Went to SLU for a semester and put up 9 points, 4 boards, 2 blocks, and a assist as a true freshman. Then transferred to Depaul never played, went Juco and is now at Grambling.

He had 18 points, 14 boards, 2 steals, 2 blocks, and an assist in his first game at Grambling. He's 6'9 240 should be a good challenge inside for us tonight.

In looking at their guards they are a bunch of seniors. Terrance Lewis was a contributor at Iowa State for a few years and put up 13 in his first game at Grambling.

They return 3 out of their top 5 scorers from last year and got a bunch through the transfer portal. Their first game the transfers seemed to do better than their returners which lends me to think they are pretty improved from last year.

We should win this game, but -16 is way too high. I think we win, but 10 pts is the max I see us winning by. FWIW, hit on UC Riverside over LMU last night because of what I saw against us. I say tonight finishes 78-70.

They have Carte'are Gordon who was a very hyped recruit out of St. Louis. Early in HS was considered a top 25 player in his class, fell back to Top 50-75 range by the time he graduated. Went to SLU for a semester and put up 9 points, 4 boards, 2 blocks, and a assist as a true freshman. Then transferred to Depaul never played, went Juco and is now at Grambling.

He had 18 points, 14 boards, 2 steals, 2 blocks, and an assist in his first game at Grambling. He's 6'9 240 should be a good challenge inside for us tonight.

In looking at their guards they are a bunch of seniors. Terrance Lewis was a contributor at Iowa State for a few years and put up 13 in his first game at Grambling.

They return 3 out of their top 5 scorers from last year and got a bunch through the transfer portal. Their first game the transfers seemed to do better than their returners which lends me to think they are pretty improved from last year.
I put absolutely ZERO stock in anything most teams do against typical opening opponents. Not saying Grambling won't be somewhat of a challenge on the road, but you can't count stats against what is basically a D4 opponent (UNT-Dallas) that plays here:

And that's an upgrade from where they have been playing. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Back