What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Games thread - MEN'S Bball scheduled to host ASU (Thurs., 2/24/22, 7:00 PM MT) and #2 Arizona (Sat., 6:00 PM MT, SENIOR DAY)

From tip it 100% felt like CU was in the game, and from a little over half way through the first half, for the most part, like they had it under control.

I wasn't really surprised Gonzaga lost, Saint Mary's is a good basketball team. I actually forgot that game was on, had the USC and Oregon game on. One thing did surprise me, they said Saint Mary's never trailed the whole damn game. Freaking wire to wire.

That was special. What an amazing environment at the keg. Not as many ***** fans as I thought there would be. Def not a blue blood like Kansas. Huge ****ing win and a perfect home ending for Evan. Arizona is really really good and we made them look weak. No matter how our season ends, that game was huge. Go Buffs!

Decent comment:

"They were way more physical than us and got the game on their terms when they got the lead in the second half," said UA coach Tommy Lloyd. "We got beat by a better team that probably wanted it a little bit more than we did today and played a little bit harder."

add from a different article: Perhaps most surprisingly, the undersized Buffaloes dominated Arizona in the paint, outscoring them there 46-22, though some of them were layups off UA turnovers.

Last edited:
Perhaps most surprisingly, the undersized Buffaloes dominated Arizona in the paint, outscoring them there 46-22, though some of them were layups off UA turnovers.

We had so many athletic af layups though. It's not like we were just taking it right at their bigs, 1though our front court did a great job against their twin towers all night.

We had so many athletic af layups though. It's not like we were just taking it right at their bigs, 1though our front court did a great job against their twin towers all night.
That has been a struggle all year. Not even finishing contested layups, but just easy shots inside. Last night multiple guys had extremely tough finishes. Proven by our dominance by points in the paint. I think that shows some of the toughness Tad was mentioning. No soft finishes.

I am still smiling this morning. Watched all of the videos I took last night of the intros of the seniors, the students storming, Battey on the table. Kayden got to see something special last night. So much fun at the Horse before with @Scotch and his crew. Just one of the best experiences we had at a CU event in a long time. Congrats to the boys and onto the Utes. Finish strong, make some noise at the Pac 12 tourney and enjoy the ride. Freaking fun

i gotta dig up that pre-season thread where people were doubting da Silva’s production uptick this year…dude can still be so much better too
I'm no analyst, but it seems like De Silva has learned he has more options, when going in to score. By that, I mean he seems more comfortable, for example, switching to his left hand at the last second, hanging in the air. He's also developed a lot of confidence from 3.

I'm no analyst, but it seems like De Silva has learned he has more options, when going in to score. By that, I mean he seems more comfortable, for example, switching to his left hand at the last second, hanging in the air. He's also developed a lot of confidence from 3.
Before last night, it was frustrating watching him sometimes. You see he has plenty of skill, but I just felt he has a tendency to be passive. He needs to be consistently aggressive. He has a lot of great post moves in his arsenal and has a nice outside shot. Needs to look to score more.

da Silva with a game high 19. Jabari with 15 points and 14 rebounds. Kee with 15, kJ with 13 and Evan with 11. Only two ‘Cats in double figures.
Da Silva is better around the basket than I remember him being, solid footwork. It was just a good overall effort by everybody. That might be the best defense I've seen them play all season especially with who it was against.

When Da Silva scores in double figures and we keep our turnovers to a reasonable number, we win.

Back