What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Games thread - MEN'S Bball scheduled to host ASU (Thurs., 2/24/22, 7:00 PM MT) and #2 Arizona (Sat., 6:00 PM MT, SENIOR DAY)

Probably already known, maybe even posted, but one of the officials in last nights game is also an NFL game official. Referee I think. Bill Vinovich.

Probably already known, maybe even posted, but one of the officials in last nights game is also an NFL game official. Referee I think. Bill Vinovich.
I wasn't one of them, I don't pay much attention to officials unless they call bull****. I know who Bill Vinovich is, though. Is that a common thing? I don't believe I've heard of it before.

Does this win over AZ give us the tie-breaker edge over Oregon for the 4th seed? Does this come down to winning % vs. the top team in the standings -- in this case AZ? If so - we are .500, and Oregon is .000 ?

I wasn't one of them, I don't pay much attention to officials unless they call bull****. I know who Bill Vinovich is, though. Is that a common thing? I don't believe I've heard of it before.
I honestly don’t know how common it is. He is a top echelon NFL referee and it takes years (like, decades) to get to that level. I’m guessing his NFL pedigree helped get him on the fast track for CBB officiating. He obviously loves sport. CPA by profession otherwise.

Does this win over AZ give us the tie-breaker edge over Oregon for the 4th seed? Does this come down to winning % vs. the top team in the standings -- in this case AZ? If so - we are .500, and Oregon is .000 ?
This guy does a great job with the conference seeding projections.
You can play around with each of the remaining games and see the many different tourney seeding possibilities.

http://bball.notnothing.net/pac12.php?sport=mbb

It was the worst of games, it was the best of games.

Was at both games this week. Versus ASU the Buffs were a no-show. Tad ball seemed like a distant memory. No defense, rebounding and plenty of turnovers. Perhaps they were looking ahead to Saturday night? Regardless, it was a massive disappointment.

Saturday the team showed that defense, rebounding and passion can carry this team a long way. The defense was disruptive, getting the Wildcats to turn the ball over 16 times. That to me was one of the biggest factors in the win. And in thee second, U of A hit only 1 of 11 trey attempts.

How about the play of Julius Hammond? Two baskets at the rim to start the second half along with a huge trey later on.

One v one, da Silva was a load in thee second half as well. When he cought the ball on the perimeter and took his man to the basket he was unstoppable. Loved his confidence in his left hand.

It was the worst of games, it was the best of games.

Was at both games this week. Versus ASU the Buffs were a no-show. Tad ball seemed like a distant memory. No defense, rebounding and plenty of turnovers. Perhaps they were looking ahead to Saturday night? Regardless, it was a massive disappointment.

Saturday the team showed that defense, rebounding and passion can carry this team a long way. The defense was disruptive, getting the Wildcats to turn the ball over 16 times. That to me was one of the biggest factors in the win. And in thee second, U of A hit only 1 of 11 trey attempts.

How about the play of Julius Hammond? Two baskets at the rim to start the second half along with a huge trey later on.

One v one, da Silva was a load in thee second half as well. When he cought the ball on the perimeter and took his man to the basket he was unstoppable. Loved his confidence in his left hand.
Setting the excellent commentary aside, once is a typo, twice is intentional.

Are thee a knight? What lord doth thy serve?

Last edited:
I was contemplating what a bummer it was that we didn’t beat ASU. But then I wondered if we had beaten ASU would we have beaten ‘zona?

Forgot to mention the atmosphere at Saturday's game. It was unlike anything I've experienced in years at the Events Center and it was due in large part to the students section. They were intense the entire game and initiated the drowning out of the "U of A" chants from the infiltrators.

The only thing they forgot was the "one more year" chant that could have been directed at Jababri Walker - like CUnit did for Alec Burks back in the day.

Forgot to mention the atmosphere at Saturday's game. It was unlike anything I've experienced in years at the Events Center and it was due in large part to the students section. They were intense the entire game and initiated the drowning out of the "U of A" chants from the infiltrators.

The only thing they forgot was the "one more year" chant that could have been directed at Jababri Walker - like CUnit did for Alec Burks back in the day.
The student section has been great all year.

I'm not a fan of the "Overrated" chant. I think it decreases the value of the win. They also missed an opportunity for "just like football", and we don't get that chance very often.

Back