What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Games thread-Women's bball visit #9/11 OSU (Fri., 2/1, 8:00 MT) & #4 Oregon (Sun., 2/3, 1:00)

Didn't listen or watch as I figured it would be bad but I did not think it would be this bad. 2 points in the 1st quarter on free throws? That is not acceptable.

From looking at the box score, Peyton Carter didn't get in the game. If she wasn't injured or sick, why not put her in the game? This team was not going to win.

Supposed JR is a protege of Kelly Graves. He could have slowed things down to make things look better than going over 100 points if he cared about JR's future.

Didn't listen or watch as I figured it would be bad but I did not think it would be this bad. 2 points in the 1st quarter on free throws? That is not acceptable.

From looking at the box score, Peyton Carter didn't get in the game. If she wasn't injured or sick, why not put her in the game? This team was not going to win.

Supposed JR is a protege of Kelly Graves. He could have slowed things down to make things look better than going over 100 points if he cared about JR's future.
that is odd about Carter. thought she was the darling. Everybody should have played a lot during that game that was not injured. I did not get to watch as I thought the same. 60 is way to much to lose by to a conference team. Got to show some fight this weekend

Agree that every healthy player should have gotten a bunch of playing time today. Also have to wonder what Graves was doing playing Ionescu, Hebard and Sabally in the fourth quarter when the game was so far beyond CU's reach. He didn't need to have his top players in the game. About the only thing I could see that move teaching JR was how to pile on when you are playing a totally outclassed opponent. Not a classy move on his part.

Not a big fan of anything Oregon. I think their whole A.D. is sleazy and to work there you have to have some sleaze. But I wonder if he is going for a #1 seed and beating a conference foe by 60 and he thinks it will help him. I go back to Bobby Bowden when asked about running up the score, he said it was not his job not to score or to allow another team to score. Recent history CU lost against Oregon St at home after being up 31-3 in the 3rd quarter. At some point the team has to be a lot better.

I watched the entire game today, and it was every bit as ugly as the score indicated. Maybe the team was tired from travel and the Oregon State game, but they looked disinterested from the opening tip and were clearly outclassed. Oregon has a lot of really talented players.

I hate all things Oregon, but in fairness to their coach they said on the broadcast that Oregon only had 9 players available today, so at least one starter had to be in the game at all times. Furthermore, the Buffs "only" lost the 4th quarter 21-28. At one point in the second quarter I really thought this game had the potential to be a 80 point blowout (Oregon was up by 43 at that time).

Similar to Bobby Bowden, I remember Bob Stoops the former Oklahoma football coach said in a post game of which his team won by some ridiculous amount of points, "It's not Oklahoma's job to stop Oklahoma, that is the job of the opposing team."

I really like JR as she seems very personable and of high character. I hope she can figure out how to get to the next level in recruiting quickly as if she doesn't bring in some high impact players soon, I am afraid she is going to run out of time.

Especially for those who don't follow WBB that closely, wanted to mention the oregon coach is I believe Coach Payne's main coaching mentor. Could it have been worse?

Also, it seems big deficits are a thing in women's bball. I believe some of UConn's more dominant seasons featured 30-40 point AVERAGE victory margins, and I believe they typically schedule very tough in non-conference. Also, Oregon just easily dismissed #14 Utah by 22 a couple days ago, so a large loss here was to be expected. (The ducks also already have 2 40 point and 1 33 point victories in Pac play this season, so the Buffs have company.)

Looks like this is going to be a "character building" year for the team (as opposed to one littered with a large number of easy victories on the court), which should not be under-estimated as a potential lesson(s) they can use throughout their lives.

Never quit Buffs!

Agree that every healthy player should have gotten a bunch of playing time today. Also have to wonder what Graves was doing playing Ionescu, Hebard and Sabally in the fourth quarter when the game was so far beyond CU's reach. He didn't need to have his top players in the game. About the only thing I could see that move teaching JR was how to pile on when you are playing a totally outclassed opponent. Not a classy move on his part.
Oregon only had 9 available players. Could have easily scored 140.

Back