What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

George King Declares For Draft (returning)

Unless he decides to go to Europe or elsewhere. He has been here 4 years and multiple summers....

I think he's going through the process in hopes his workouts entice a team to draft him or to get his name out there.

I wouldnt be surprised if he doesn't come back. Isn't he like 24 already?

I'm also declaring for the draft and currently shopping for an agent. Who is worthy to represent me? Completely unrelated note: the name on the back of my high school intermural basketball jersey said Brick Layer. Go Nads!

No harm in declaring. He's not going to get drafted, 182 players declared early, and there are 60 spots. This doesn't count seniors. Good experience prepping for next year if he has a big year.

As Coach Calipari has said, with the way the rules are now everyone should declare without hiring an agent just to get the draft grade and evaluation of their game from NBA scouts.

Although now you can only declare twice and go back without penalty. So don't do it if you're a frosh. Otherwise 100%.

As Coach Calipari has said, with the way the rules are now everyone should declare without hiring an agent just to get the draft grade and evaluation of their game from NBA scouts.

Its a good sign George is taking his game seriously heading in to his last season in Boulder.

I think he's going through the process in hopes his workouts entice a team to draft him or to get his name out there.

I wouldnt be surprised if he doesn't come back. Isn't he like 24 already?
Yes, yes he is
20160124__25BZMBBw~1_500.jpg

Suppose his NBA Draft grade comes back on the low end, would it have an effect on his motivation to be the best for himself and the Buffs next season?

Errr...George....really? Based on your performance last year, you have zero chance of making it in the NBA....better focus on your grades and graduate....and being a legitimate Pac 12 starter.....Not sure what the scouts are going to tell you except if you are not a shooter or a playmaker or a defensive stalwart....you have no role that would make you draftable.. He shot 46% from the field....37% from three....a pretty bad 67% from the line...averaged a less than impressive 11 points a game...and the kicker was that your defense was ...well....does a lack of consistent effort describe it well? Hope he recommits to Tad Ball.....great potential....pretty good rebounder for his size....but he was MIA a lot this year.

Errr...George....really? Based on your performance last year, you have zero chance of making it in the NBA....better focus on your grades and graduate....and being a legitimate Pac 12 starter.....Not sure what the scouts are going to tell you except if you are not a shooter or a playmaker or a defensive stalwart....you have no role that would make you draftable.. He shot 46% from the field....37% from three....a pretty bad 67% from the line...averaged a less than impressive 11 points a game...and the kicker was that your defense was ...well....does a lack of consistent effort describe it well? Hope he recommits to Tad Ball.....great potential....pretty good rebounder for his size....but he was MIA a lot this year.
Whiny bitch is very accurate it for you.

doesnt hurt to try the system.
It is an available path
He gets to work out with teams prior to 5/24

Hopefully he does come back, this team will need what he can provide (outside shooting and rebounding)

I think you misunderstand the new rule of declaring for the draft. In my opinion every player should. Josh Scott should've after his junior year. Askia should've after his junior year, but that rule wasn't in place.

Fully understand the rule...just dont know what you learn by doing it. Wouldnt have helped either Scott or Askia in my opinion. Pretty clear whar King needs to do to get drafted...shoot better..improve his free throws....get after it on defense...work on driving and dishing.... I guess you should pursue your dreams....but come on..the guy played 30 minutes in his last game....and was a complete non factor....its like wanting to kbow how to get into Harvard when as a junior you have a 3.5 gpa....aint gonna happening.

Fully understand the rule...just dont know what you learn by doing it. Wouldnt have helped either Scott or Askia in my opinion. Pretty clear whar King needs to do to get drafted...shoot better..improve his free throws....get after it on defense...work on driving and dishing.... I guess you should pursue your dreams....but come on..the guy played 30 minutes in his last game....and was a complete non factor....its like wanting to kbow how to get into Harvard when as a junior you have a 3.5 gpa....aint gonna happening.

So improve in basically every facet of the game. Got it.

Yawn.

There is no harm here. What is the worst thing the NBA tells him? "We don't think you are ready this year, go back to school." There is absolutely no bad that comes out of this.

To me, it's smart. See where you stand and pick the scout's brain. They'll tell you where you need work in your game.

... ... ...WTF?!

His shooting is fine. He needs to make an effort to get to the rim and draw fouls, become a more willing passer, and increase his effort.

Back