What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Give AD Mike Bohn a grade

Grade the Athletic Director

• Total voters
A loss to Toledo won't cost anything right now. There's still 11 games left this season. If we start 0-2 and finish 10-2, nobody will care and the checks will come pouring in.

Bohn will wait until the end of the season to make any decisions.

I can't find any truth in that statement...since this could only happen if the good lord himself came down and blessed the Buffs with a miracle...if we go 0-2 vs. a down year CSU team and a middle of the road Toledo team, then it's a good sign we'll lose most every game in the Big 12 along with WVU

A loss Friday means the wheels have already fallen off the bus to me...but the real underlying factor in whether or not & when Coach Hawk is fired won't have to do with wins or losses, but will instead have to do with how much CU would be on the hook for in a buyout..

A loss to Toledo won't cost anything right now. There's still 11 games left this season. If we start 0-2 and finish 10-2, nobody will care and the checks will come pouring in.

Bohn will wait until the end of the season to make any decisions.

You're probably right but I think it would be a mistake. Better to cut his dead weight loose and let Brian Cabral finish the season. We've seen what hawk can and can't do as a coach. He is what he is. He's not hiding an ace up his sleeve, this is as good as he can be.

I gave Bohn a B...just look at how much cleaning up he had to do.

But given his history of hires, I'd be uneasy about who replaces Hawkins and Buzz (if he jumps ship).

If he went to the Regents and said "Look, we took beer out of the stadium to see if it would curb alcohol consumption. It has not done that. In fact, we believe that the absence of beer sales has led to increased hard liquor consumption outside the stadium before the game and during halftime. Because of this, it is my recommendation that we resume beer sales at both Folsom and at the Coors Events Center". I have very little doubt that the Regents would approve it. He may not have the power to bring it back, but he has the ability to pursuade those that do.

I think you're putting too much emphasis on the on field success of the teams he has under him. PR and fundraising is, IMO, 90% of his job. Hiring and firing coaches is the other 10%.
Bohn was hired to clean up an absolute PR mess and make money for the department. He has more than succeeded at both. People who call him an idiot are in fact an idiot themselves because it's the coach who is responsible for the won loss record. I wanted Bo Pelini for the job 4 years ago, but everyone on this site ripped me because they said he wasn't a good face man with media savvy. Hawkins is the problem, not Bohn. Everybody here was having an orgasm listening to Hawkins BS about contending for a national championship. Followed by more and more BS - 10 win season. I'd like to see the Las Vegas odds on that one. If your'e pissed off call all the local radio and tv stations. Plan some sort of embarrasssing protest at the next home game and download it to youtube.

Last edited:
OK. Have lurked on some of the other boards forever and this board for a couple years. I'm a huge Buff fan. Hate that this is my first post, but I'm disgusted...

I give the "Bone" (he corrected my mispronunciation of "bonn"... sorry about that Bohn) a D-. It was his JOB to clean up the program... and it wasn't very difficult: Fire Gary so we could move on. He would get an "F" if he didn't get the scandal behind us. I'm not giving anyone an passing grade for doing the BARE MINIMUM. Yes, it's also his JOB to raise funds for the AD. We shall see how he performs in this economic climate. I suspect that it'll be a far cry from the bull run recent past, where we got some things done, but the even the facilities upgrades weren't enough to keep pace with our Big XII rivals. I especially blame Bohn for this "home run" hire. He is the AD and is responsible for the entire athletic department, especially the revenue generating sports.

Where are the wins?

He has brought in HIS coaches and as far as I can tell, the only "home run" has been the women's soccer coach. Sure, tough to replace a CU legend in Ceal Barry, but I'll give him a pass in WBB so far, even though we are no longer a tourney team. Maybe Chauncy was an anomaly (Boyce, etc. was decent before him), but Men's BB feels alot like FB at this point and the old VB coach (Aiu) was underrated for what he did at CU. Of course, I remember the good times for WVB in the early 90's and truthfully only follow it in passing now.

Someone please explain to me how Bohn got this job. He is from Boulder, so he has that going for him. He had a decent 18 months at SDSU, but that program has always had ups and downs due to its location. It must have been on an 18 month "up" when we picked up Bohn. Note that Marshall Faulk was long gone and Tony Gwynn was already hired before he got there. How were we sold that 18 months was qualification for this job? Oh yeah, Tharp was his predecessor and scandal was in full swing. ANYONE was better than Tharp at that time. Did Bohn's 5 year tenure at U Idaho really warrant a BCS conference job?

Hawkins feels the heat. The whole country could see it on his face on ESPN. I cannot express how sad it is to listen to the announcers make excuses for CU, our coach, and our players on national TV. So Bohn didn't start the mess, but he hasn't ended it either. Accountability always starts at the top. Bohn has proven nothing and should be the next to go unless he doesn't have the cahones to get us an upgrade before the next humiliation... in which case Bohn needs to go first. Losses = less fan support = less TV revenue = longer term problems. All Bohn has brought us is more losses across the board.

It kills me because I was a student in the early-mid '90s and remember the good times when even the non-revenue generating sports seemed on the verge of breakthroughs, not to mention football MNC, Heisman, etc. I suspect that we have already fallen much further than we realize. I know some kids that just graduated from CU and they aren't even outraged with the state of the AD because they are too young remember the good times.

Sorry for the long first post/rant.

Back