What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

GoatNation is hilarious....

So, we have gone past the tipping point where the editor of a recruiting site for the Buffs (Adam) carries himself with vastly more professionalism than the deputy sports editor of the Denver Post (Matt).

If that doesn't tell you everything you need to know about the state of newspapers and print media in our country and the Denver Post more specifically, I don't know what will.

Hat tip to "Gabe Martinez" for this expert troll in a letter to the DP:

It was our first Rocky Mountain Showdown and we were excited. We sat adjacent to the CSU student section, and they were very fired up and having fun. It was fun to watch until the fun got ugly. To our disbelief, the CSU students began to chant in unison, “F--- CU,” over and over.

While I know that this is a football rivalry, the three very young girls in front of us didn’t understand that. Football rivalries thrive on insults, but the CSU fans crossed the line into verbal abuse and throwing projectiles, including hitting a 6-year-old girl with an open cheese container.

The CSU administration and athletic department should strongly disavow this kind of behavior and they should apologize not only to CU, but to the public because we were there, too.

I really like the detail of hitting a 6-year-old girl with an "open cheese container." That's the kind of thing that makes it believable, just like granny getting hit with a piss balloon.

goatcheeselabel.png

I just went over there, what a hoot. I used to think some Ram fans are delusinal, now I just think it is all of them. Matt Stephens? What a joke. Since when does even an infotainment writer for the Denver Post fishwrap hang out on a fan forum? A fan forum of a perennial also ran in the Mtn. weenie div.? I am embarrassed for him.

I just went over there, what a hoot. I used to think some Ram fans are delusinal, now I just think it is all of them. Matt Stephens? What a joke. Since when does even an infotainment writer for the Denver Post fishwrap hang out on a fan forum? A fan forum of a perennial also ran in the Mtn. weenie div.? I am embarrassed for him.
I believe you have it backwards. The Denver Post knew what they were getting when they hired him and didn't put a leash on him in terms of conduct. This says more about the Denver Post than it does about the person as they sanction his activities by not forcing him to stop. The Post has zero credibility.

I believe you have it backwards. The Denver Post knew what they were getting when they hired him and didn't put a leash on him in terms of conduct. This says more about the Denver Post than it does about the person as they sanction his activities by not forcing him to stop. The Post has zero credibility.
For sure. It's what the DP wanted: a troll who would incite clicks and comments. Think about the old guard there and Kiszla being the only one who has survived (the guy who was banned from MLB coverage).

That is a given. For Matt Stephens' sake, I was hoping he would not peddle the little credibility an infotainment writer has to service the goat faithful. Credibility is the most important thing an infotainment writer has, and once it is gone, it is gone.

I really like the detail of hitting a 6-year-old girl with an "open cheese container." That's the kind of thing that makes it believable, just like granny getting hit with a piss balloon.

Exactly what is an open cheese container?
Is it one of those plastic bags that grated cheese comes in? Could it be a cheez-whiz can? Or maybe a giant chees tray from the grocery store?

Need some clarification.

Here's what people are referring to. He started the thread about the Pac-12 saying that the penalties called were penalties.
http://chat.coloradostate.sportswar.com/mid/9093743/board/ramnationathletics/
Ready to puke? Pac-12 says there was no error in penalizing CSU for 3 OPIs

Hard to believe. All of us in the press box, even Kiz, were burying our face in our hands on the second and third ones.

Link: http://www.denverpost.com/2017/09/05/rocky-mountain-showdown-officiating/

They were burying their faces so that no one could see how much they were smiling. They knew how many clicks they were going to get to drive with a "controversy" that they were going to drum up. Oh well. It'll be over after this week.

What makes you think he is trolling DP? I would hope he's trolling, but it seems pretty sincere to me. Cheese container probably means one of those pretzel dipping sauces.

They have a fan over there that reminds of the juvenile antics of one from all Buffs past. Posting up personal stuff on the ref and his wife. What kind of jerk goes after a guys family. Probably should be visited by Fort Collins finest.

They have a fan over there that reminds of the juvenile antics of one from all Buffs past. Posting up personal stuff on the ref and his wife. What kind of jerk goes after a guys family. Probably should be visited by Fort Collins finest.
You'd be surprised. Shouldn't happen but it does frequently.

I hope they do. Near certainty it would be misspelled.
What an epic waste of money that would be. 99% of fans would have no idea what it was about and the 1% who do would laugh their asses off. I really hope they do it.

Exactly what is an open cheese container?
Is it one of those plastic bags that grated cheese comes in? Could it be a cheez-whiz can? Or maybe a giant chees tray from the grocery store?

Need some clarification.

I imagined a very large female CSU fan chomping huge bites off of a large block of sharp cheddar cheese like Macho Man Randy Savage snapping into a Slim Jim, and then throwing it while yelling obscenities with half chewed cheese chunks flying out of her mouth. I can't be the only one.

I imagined a very large female CSU fan chomping huge bites off of a large block of sharp cheddar cheese like Macho Man Randy Savage snapping into a Slim Jim, and then throwing it while yelling obscenities with half chewed cheese chunks flying out of her mouth. I can't be the only one.

You have a very strange fetish my friend.

*Larry Scott gets into the office Tuesday morning, plays voicemails*

"You have 174 new voicemails."

*Larry Scott listens to each one, all from CSU fans or their attorneys; takes copious notes*

"Hold all my calls and cancel all of my meetings today Grace, I'm going on a search... for justice."

Hahaha this made me belly laugh. I pictured Larry Scott taking notes with a furrowed brow and nodding inquisitively while a voicemail is playing in the background from a disgruntled CSU fan spewing obscenities and P5 conference invite conspiracy theories.

For Immediate Release:
To: Member institutions
Re: Conference Expansion

We were considering inviting Colorado State University to join our conference until we found a discarded cheese container with a CSU logo on them. Upon further examination of the XXL panties it was found that the toxins were at an unheard of level. Therefore, we have withdrawn our consideration.

Thank You God
B1G Commisioner

For Immediate Release:
To: Member institutions
Re: Conference Expansion

We were considering inviting Colorado State University to join our conference until we found a discarded cheese container with a CSU logo on them. Upon further examination of the XXL panties it was found that the toxins were at an unheard of level. Therefore, we have withdrawn our consideration.

Thank You God
B1G Commisioner

shallowhal4.jpg

Back