What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Good day re:CSU

Hiring coaches isn't easy. Graham had the balls to open the checkbook and go big. Not sure if Frank will do the same.

So you think it's Frank that will make the decision. How would you like to be an athletic director coming into a situation where the President of the school just hired your football coach?

This is a perfect storm of suck for CSU. All they need now is to have Eustachy get caught with some co-eds at a frat party in Boulder.

So you think it's Frank that will make the decision. How would you like to be an athletic director coming into a situation where the President of the school just hired your football coach?

This is a perfect storm of suck for CSU. All they need now is to have Eustachy get caught with some co-eds at a frat party in Boulder.

I think it is a bad situation in that you have to convince a coach to go somewhere that he doesn't even know his boss, and then you have to convince a new AD to take a coach he didn't hire (we did it with RG however)

I do think you're right, and they will have a new AD before a new coach.... my statement still stands however - whether a new AD or Frank makes the move.

I kind of think they hire internal for the new AD, and it is a quick transition.

Like letting an AD make a third head coaching hire months before you fire him.

Exactly. I've got a lot of respect for Frank. He shouldn't take his administrative cues for athletics from Bruce & Phil.

Who is the acting AD in Ft. Fun

If he is a Tony Frank guy they might just let him do the job and make the hire.

Let's them make sure they get a guy who is fine with Frank's priorities and also let's them go cheap if they want to.

If (when) it doesn't work out they can blame the guy who was the interm and is no longer around.

It does make you wonder who RG might have hired if he were given the choice. Might have been MM anyway. I always got the impression that one of the biggest contributing factors in Bohn's firing was the Butch Jones circus. That really put the school in a bad light.

Who is the acting AD in Ft. Fun

If he is a Tony Frank guy they might just let him do the job and make the hire.

Let's them make sure they get a guy who is fine with Frank's priorities and also let's them go cheap if they want to.

If (when) it doesn't work out they can blame the guy who was the interm and is no longer around.

John Morris is the interim AD and from all accounts doing a good job: http://www.csurams.com/genrel/morris_john00.html

Regardless of who CSU hires as its AD, I am certain CSU will utilize the same consulting firm that helped target McElwain and Eustachy. Jack Graham relied on them heavily to make his decisions because of his inexperience running an athletic department prior to him getting the job.

It does make you wonder who RG might have hired if he were given the choice. Might have been MM anyway. I always got the impression that one of the biggest contributing factors in Bohn's firing was the Butch Jones circus. That really put the school in a bad light.

That was uuuggglllyyy

RG is in a good position. He gets 4 years to get the AD in order and evaluate HCMM. If HCMM doesn't work out, it will still be in better shape than when Embo was running it, and the job will be much more attractive.

I expect RG to open the wallet for the next hire.

John Morris is the interim AD and from all accounts doing a good job: http://www.csurams.com/genrel/morris_john00.html

Regardless of who CSU hires as its AD, I am certain CSU will utilize the same consulting firm that helped target McElwain and Eustachy. Jack Graham relied on them heavily to make his decisions because of his inexperience running an athletic department prior to him getting the job.

CU should use them, better than the Neinas group we've used.

You guys could consult with Nienas. :lol:

I get the impression that Dr. Frank, while he appreciates the publicity and success they have had recently, would like to move some of the focus off the things surrounding athletics and back onto some of the very good things that have been going on at CSU recently in academics and research. Not anti-football by any means but better balance.

CU should use them, better than the Neinas group we've used.

true. eustachy would never have been a viable candidate at CU, but no reason to believe sparkles wouldn't have gotten a more serious look. i'd like to think we could have gotten a bigger name had we not had inept leadership making the call.

oh well.

true. eustachy would never have been a viable candidate at CU, but no reason to believe sparkles wouldn't have gotten a more serious look. i'd like to think we could have gotten a bigger name had we not had inept leadership making the call.

oh well.

We were in trouble last round. That was the worst season in CU history, and we fired a coach after 2 years. Job wasn't going to be super-attractive. Maybe we could have done better, but who knows....

You guys could consult with Nienas. :lol:

I get the impression that Dr. Frank, while he appreciates the publicity and success they have had recently, would like to move some of the focus off the things surrounding athletics and back onto some of the very good things that have been going on at CSU recently in academics and research. Not anti-football by any means but better balance.

Having seen Frank speak many times over the last couple of years, I get the impression he sees athletics as a critical way to enhance the visibility of the things CSU is doing on the academics and research front. I don't anticipate his commitment will wane now, especially since he is going to be recommending a new stadium to the tune of $195 Million to the BOG on Friday of this week.

Having seen Frank speak many times over the last couple of years, I get the impression he sees athletics as a critical way to enhance the visibility of the things CSU is doing on the academics and research front. I don't anticipate his commitment will wane now, especially since he is going to be recommending a new stadium to the tune of $195 Million to the BOG on Friday of this week.

Why would he want to enhance the visibility on that?

Kiffin is in the process of rehabbing his reputation. saban showed genius by hiring the guy-- i thought it would be a train wreck. instead, kiffin is the reason they beat auburn last weekend. saban would have turtled in the 2nd half once they got the 3 point lead without kiffin there.

kiffin is not going to take the ****ing sheep job. he will stay at bama another year or 2 to complete the rehab and then he will get a big ass job. again. he's been the hc at the raiders, tennessee, and usc, fer goodness' sakes.

spot on

oh well.

We interviewed McElwain. We did not offer.

Why would they not honor the contract? It seems like the buyout would pay for their new coach. It actually seems like they planned for this well.

Back