What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Good day re:CSU

I thought Frank came out and said he wasn't using a search firm?

I think it was misreported by the idiot Matt Stephens of the Coloradoan. He said he wouldn't use a committee, that he would make the decision and the hire.

I think it was misreported by the idiot Matt Stephens of the Coloradoan. He said he wouldn't use a committee, that he would make the decision and the hire.

I can't get over just how careless Matt Stephens is with his so called "reporting." The problem with this last mistake is that he just flat out missed the nuance of what was said by the AD during the press conference. These types of mistakes continue to kill his credibility.

Frei stumping for Logan for CSU HC. :lol:

http://blogs.denverpost.com/college...ado-state-seek-interview-logan-wristen/32954/

He even gets feisty about people writing him off because he is a high school coach. The thing that blows me away is that people like Frei don't take into account that Logan may be a great college HC, but he needs to build a resume to make it plausible. Until he does, it is really a moot point...at least in CU's case. CSU could possibly look at him similar to UNLV.

Last edited:
Frei stumpling for Logan for CSU HC. :lol:

http://blogs.denverpost.com/college...ado-state-seek-interview-logan-wristen/32954/

He even gets feisty about people writing him off because he is a high school coach. The thing that blows me away is that people like Frei don't take into account that Logan may be a great college HC, but he needs to build a resume to make it plausible. Until he does, it is really a moot point...at least in CU's case. CSU could possibly look at him similar to UNLV.

It is laughable. Vic on the radio was getting really upset about people suggesting Stitt or Logan 'pay their dues' (which really means prove yourself in a more competitive college environment).

Besides that, if we're going to look at HS coaches, then why just look at Logan? I bet you could find some pretty dang good HS coaches that would beat the smack out of Logan. I don't hear them stumping for the most legendary HS coach in Ohio HS football.

It's stupid and pisses me off.

If Logan had really had a goal to be a college HC, he should've worked his way into a coordinator position. I'm not sure what the success rates are for HS coaches who've gone straight to a college HC job, but I can't help but to think of guys like Gerry Faust. Sounds like UNLV is getting ready to try it.

Last edited:
Gerry Faust.

That's all you need to say when somebody starts spouting off about how some high school coach should be named the head coach of a major D-1 program. It's absurd.

I think Logan would make a fine TE or WR coach in college. See what he can do at that level. See how he recruits. See if his players progress under him. Have him contribute to the game planning and play calling. See how he does at that. Then, maybe once he proves he can handle that stuff, give him a shot at OC. Morons like Frei and Lombardi just don't get it when it comes to stuff like this. I pray we never go down that road at CU. We haven't yet, and I don't get the idea that RG is stupid enough to do it, but every time there's a coaching opening, we hear the same stuff.

By the way - I think Logan is pushing 60 years by now. If he was going to make the move to actual college coaching, he should have done it about 10-15 years ago. Of course, he'd have to give up his play calling duties and would have had to put in 60 hour weeks. That's not very attractive to a 45-year old.

If Logan had really wanted to be a college coach he would have been one.

He would have either fast tracked into a coordinators position someplace or taken one of the opportunities that he has already had to take on a lower level program to build resume before moving on.

Most of the people who call for Logan don't realize that he has had opportunities to at least interview if he had wanted to at a number of D2 and even a couple of FCS schools (Greeley is one that comes to mind.) He choose to not pursue those.

It is laughable. Vic on the radio was getting really upset about people suggesting Stitt or Logan 'pay their dues' (which really means prove yourself in a more competitive college environment).

Besides that, if we're going to look at HS coaches, then why just look at Logan? I bet you could find some pretty dang good HS coaches that would beat the smack out of Logan. I don't hear them stumping for the most legendary HS coach in Ohio HS football.

It's stupid and pisses me off.

How does Vic explain Bob Stitt going to Montana? Isn't that "paying your dues"?

Does anyone else read this thread title and (for a split second) think it's about CSU's new morning show, "Good Day CSU" (which would be a hilarious trainwreck of a show)?

6a010535fc1a27970c0134897613ab970c-pi

Frei stumpling for Logan for CSU HC. :lol:

CSU can't take that risk and either should UNLV. Yes Sanchez might prove to be great, but why take that risk? There's no better proven recipe for success than doing it as a HEAD coach, who can bring his system and key staff members with him, and they have already established recruiting contacts and pipelines, etc. This is a big jump for Sanchez and it's not warranted. The AD there may have just committed career suicide.

Does anyone else read this thread title and (for a split second) think it's about CSU's new morning show, "Good Day CSU" (which would be a hilarious trainwreck of a show)?

6a010535fc1a27970c0134897613ab970c-pi
BTW, if [MENTION=807]Skidmark[/MENTION] is bored today, a fark here, perhaps with Sparkles, Wargin, a goat, and something else would bring some much needed levity to this rough morning.

The local press have their noses up Logan's butt and it gets a little old with their constant ranting for him to get a job. I remember when CSU was hiring Sonny's replacement - Joe and Irv asked the AD if he would interview Dave Logan for the job and he said something to the effect that they must be crazy - he was not going to interview a high school coach for the job. Joe and Irv went nuts saying how disrespectful the AD was. I thought it was funny.

As pointed out by others, Logan is past his prime and should of taken an assistant job a long time ago. The problem is that Logan makes probably over a million a year with radio gigs, Bronco play by play and a ton of commercial endorsements - it would of been too big of a pay cut for him to take an assistants job that probably paid less than 100K at the time.

The local press have their noses up Logan's butt and it gets a little old with their constant ranting for him to get a job. I remember when CSU was hiring Sonny's replacement - Joe and Irv asked the AD if he would interview Dave Logan for the job and he said something to the effect that they must be crazy - he was not going to interview a high school coach for the job. Joe and Irv went nuts saying how disrespectful the AD was. I thought it was funny.

I remember that interview. The AD actually said "Are you serious?" He thought they were joking. That made it all the more funny. Irv was totally offended. I laughed.

Back