What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Great DP article on Alec Burks this morning

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
Colorado coach Jeff Bzdelik believes he landed more than a keeper from Grandview High in suburban Kansas City, Mo. The former Nuggets coach said he is not afraid to "go out on a limb" and predict Burks will some day play in the NBA.

"It's both on him and me to realize his potential," Bzdelik said. "And if he (works hard) and stays healthy, and his head and heart are in the right place, he has a chance to be really special."

"Alec is very athletic, very versatile," said junior forward Marcus Relphorde, another newcomer. "Especially as a freshman, he's pretty advanced with all the things he can do. He creates (opportunities) for everybody, as well as for himself. He's very valuable to this team."

"Sometimes when Alec starts to make a move you're thinking, 'What are you doing?' " Higgins said. "And then he turns it into a layup. His talent is ridiculous."

Article

==========

I love the quote from Coach B. If I was speechwriting for him, I don't think I could have come up with a more perfect thing for him to say.

And we are very fortunate to have Burks. It's going to be a fun ride watching him play during his time at CU.

I just read this a little while ago, good article. Self even had some good things to say about him and said we had a great find.

A good article and this team can use it. That's probably a double-edged sword, come to think of it. CU's abundance of NBA talent didn't seem to make a good impression.

Back