What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Greetings from the land of the az - exclusive

Great news and a great addition to what sounds like a really good class!

Can you comment on whether he will take classes this fall and where? I hope he takes a few classes (below the full time cutoff) which preserves his 4 to play 5 but get's him going towards that degree. I don't expect this Buff to ever redshirt as he will come in ready to play in the spring, so getting some coursework going would be very nice.

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!
:rock3::thumbsup2::dance5::dance2::dance4::dance6::dance::woot:

Great work TeamKisima!

I just got a text from Rivals:

"Defensive end Kisima Jagne, one of CU's top rated signees from the Class of 2012, has been approved academically by the NCAA Clearinghouse"

:woot:

I'm still confused. Can he play this fall?

Either way, fantastic news.

We hit our limit of 25 with new scholarships for this year. Have to wait until January for Kisima to start rising through Blacken's hell weeks and hit spring ball as our next star. DL is going to wreak havok in 2013.

Would have loved to have seen him on the field this year, but still very happy that it's official and he'll join the team in January. Congrtas to him!!

One of the more athletically gifted guys is going to grayshirt? If he does stay all 4 years he's going to be a beast. Hopefully he doesn't go after 2.5 :)

GET BUFF-A-CIZED!

Congratulations Kisima! Thank you for all the hard work. Look forward to seeing you on Saturdays.

For clarification on the numbers:

25 Members of 2012 Class

1. Donta Abron
  2. Kenneth Crawley
  3. Terrence Crowder
  4. Shane Dillon
  5. Jeffrey Hall
  6. Tyler Henington
  7. Vincent Hobbs
  8. Jeromy Irwin
  9. Sean Irwin
  10. Alex Kelley (GS from 2011)
  11. Samson Kofavalu
  12. Marques Mosley
  13. Clay Norgard
  14. Davien Payne
  15. Christian Powell
  16. Kory Rasmussen
  17. Austin Ray
  18. Justin Solis
  19. John Stuart
  20. Gerald Thomas
  21. Jeffrey Thomas
  22. Josh Tupou
  23. John Walker
  24. De'Jon Wilson
  25. Yuri Wright

Grayshirts (January Enrollment from 2012 Class)
  1. Kisima Jagne
  2. Gerrad Kough
  3. Derek McCartney
  4. Peyton Williams

For clarification on the numbers:

25 Members of 2012 Class

1. Donta Abron
  2. Kenneth Crawley
  3. Terrence Crowder
  4. Shane Dillon
  5. Jeffrey Hall
  6. Tyler Henington
  7. Vincent Hobbs
  8. Jeromy Irwin
  9. Sean Irwin
  10. Alex Kelley (GS from 2011)
  11. Samson Kofavalu
  12. Marques Mosley
  13. Clay Norgard
  14. Davien Payne
  15. Christian Powell
  16. Kory Rasmussen
  17. Austin Ray
  18. Justin Solis
  19. John Stuart
  20. Gerald Thomas
  21. Jeffrey Thomas
  22. Josh Tupou
  23. John Walker
  24. De'Jon Wilson
  25. Yuri Wright

Grayshirts (January Enrollment from 2012 Class)
  1. Kisima Jagne
  2. Gerrad Kough
  3. Derek McCartney
  4. Peyton Williams

Kelley and Nordgard - shouldn't they count against the previous class? Or did Embree choose to have them count in this year?

Kelley and Nordgard - shouldn't they count against the previous class? Or did Embree choose to have them count in this year?

I thought they would have counted back (it's what I was expecting). But this calculation is the only way I know to get to 25.

Based on Embo's comments tonight, the issue wasn't the 25. I assume we did count a couple back, which actually allows us to count a couple back in 2013. The stated reason for grayshirting Kisima is that he missed summer and half of camp so he would have almost certainly ended up redshirting at this point. Why burn the year of eligibility if you don't have to?

Based on Embo's comments tonight, the issue wasn't the 25. I assume we did count a couple back, which actually allows us to count a couple back in 2013. The stated reason for grayshirting Kisima is that he missed summer and half of camp so he would have almost certainly ended up redshirting at this point. Why burn the year of eligibility if you don't have to?
+ ACADEMICS. We need to get Kisima (who barely qualified) settled in to college academics first.

+ ACADEMICS. We need to get Kisima (who barely qualified) settled in to college academics first.

Good point. Part of Embree's responsibility that he takes seriously is putting these kids in the best situation possible to earn a degree.

Completely agree.

I think he is a guy who can use the time to adjust to the academics and college life in general. Would have loved to see him this year but with a year to get ready, and hungry for action, plus an off-season and spring practice, he will be dynamic next season for us.

Sucks that we won't have a chance to see him on the field this year, but outside of that possibility, this is the best possible outcome. Great work, Mr. Jagne.

Love to see someone push through obstacles. It takes focus, integrity, and usually a bit of soul searching. This guy had his eye on the prize and went over the hurdles like they didn't exist. When the staff talks about recruiting high-integrity guys....this is what I think of.

Well done Kisima! :thumbsup:

Back