What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Grimes to Auburn?

If you are going to bring in an ex-Buff who is currently coaching high school, I may know a guy...:smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2:

At least you played the position. You going to apply? Send Hawk your resume. You never know what might happen.

If you get the job, be prepared for us to totally grill you on this board every time a QB gets sacked, or D Scott doesn't run for 300 yards in a game.

At least you played the position. You going to apply? Send Hawk your resume. You never know what might happen.

If you get the job, be prepared for us to totally grill you on this board every time a QB gets sacked, or D Scott doesn't run for 300 yards in a game.

Number one, it would be a bucket of awesomeness to get grilled on here for football stuff.

numero dos, I have a pretty good idea that the resume would end up in the circular file. director of Football operations, a HS coach who hasn't GA'ed might have a chance. Position coach, especially o-line, not so much...it is a nice thought though.:lol:

Man. This is a big loss. I'm kind of pissed off right now, but I know he's doing what he thinks is best for his career. I just wish he would've seen this job through. Leave when the line is doing well. Not when it's in shambles due to injury and eligibility issues.

I'm just venting. I hope things work out well for Jeff. I really loved to watch the guy coach at practice. He was a no nonsense guy. Quiet, but if you got out of line he'd be in your grill. Good luck to him at Auburn. They got a good one.

Well this sucks, why couldn't someone "steal" Helfrich or Collins from us. Hopefully this doesn't make Jack Harris start pondering his decision.

Anyone have a list of possible candidates?

sounds nice... but im as im sure you're aware of... that movie made some money... however what your all unaware of... is that i had invested most of that money into a San Fransisco area bio-research/ pharmaceutical company and as you all know im a big giants fan... and i told my good friend barry bonds to look into some stock options in the company i had invested in... long story short i went broke when the company ... well .. got raided.... just so you all know dont invest in this company BALCO

ahhhhh...so close to glory...snatched by defeat...by the way, you do have some ridiculous DBT-like biceps...it all makes sense now.

I'm not sure what to think about this, yet. Could definitely be worse, just wish this had taken place earlier or later... Not in the middle of the recruiting rush. But I believe he is replaceable.

Just hope this doesn't make Harris re-open his options.

****!

Mizzou just lost it's first assistant in 8 years, why can't we have that success? Oh wait, mayebe cause we don't know how to pay assistants. Frickin 1 year is a jokle. 1 year 1 year no contracts 12 year thjats it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sick on it:sad2:

Great, so now our seniors will have had 4 Oline coaches in 5 years. I would think of all the position coaches in football, continuity at the Oline coaching spot is most critical. It's such a difficult facet of the game to master, how could anyone master it when there's a different standard to measure to each year!!!

We will never be successful without a good, gelled Oline and our Olines will never gel with some new guy coming in every year and changing everything up on these guys. PHUCK!!!!!

This really makes me pissed and sad. I feel like we just pushed out our return to serious contender for the B12N two years, maybe more if we get a lame coach in to fill the spot.

This hurts, but I honestly do think Hawk will hire a good replacement. Although on-field hasn't produced too amazing and realizable results, I think Hawk hires good assistands (save Collins, and I do like Helfrich still). Grimes was such a force recruiting Texas though, and he was a good coach. Good luck to him though. As much I hate to see him leave, as a working person, I understand he has to do what's best for him and his family.

I guess I just don't see this as that big of a loss. I know Oline is young and had injuries. But I have not seen results on the field. I think we can make an upgrade here personally.

I guess I just don't see this as that big of a loss. I know Oline is young and had injuries. But I have not seen results on the field. I think we can make an upgrade here personally.

Maybe we haven't seen results on the field because every other year the Oline has a new guy with a whistle and a clipboard telling them how to do things his way. Even if we had superb coaches, the churn created by 4 coaches in 5 years is enough to slow down the progress of any line.

I agree with you 100%. While I would like to see some continuity in the coaching staff, I won't be losing any sleep over this loss.

In my opinion, for a "running game coordinator" Grimes left much to be desired.

Maybe we haven't seen results on the field because every other year the Oline has a new guy with a whistle and a clipboard telling them how to do things his way. Even if we had superb coaches, the churn created by 4 coaches in 5 years is enough to slow down the progress of any line.

This would be true if most of our line were seniors. But half the line was either RS-Fresh or Sophmore. They have only been coached by Grimes. So the thought that they have had 4 line coaches since their time at CU is false.

I understand that we are young and had injuries on the line this year. But I still don't see this as a huge loss like when we lost Marshall to Houston.

This isn't great news obviously, but since Grimes was a plan B after Strausser left after one year it won't be a big deal to replace Grimes. I still don't understand why Grimes didn't wait a year or two to leave until this line gelled, for his own sake if not for the sake of finishing what he started.

Good luck to Grimes. I fear a two year stint at Auburn before he's looking for another job. But it is a good resume builder.

This isn't great news obviously, but since Grimes was a plan B after Strausser left after one year it won't be a big deal to replace Grimes. I still don't understand why Grimes didn't wait a year or two to leave until this line gelled, for his own sake if not for the sake of finishing what he started.

Grimes realized a great opportunity. He gets a good pay raise and the opportunity to coach in the premier conference in the country. Plus with Auburn's record of producing a lot of first day offensive linemen in the draft, he couldn't say no. Who knows what will happen in two years if he stays. If the SEC comes calling you go.

This would be true if most of our line were seniors. But half the line was either RS-Fresh or Sophmore. They have only been coached by Grimes. So the thought that they have had 4 line coaches since their time at CU is false.

I understand that we are young and had injuries on the line this year. But I still don't see this as a huge loss like when we lost Marshall to Houston.

Well the seniors on the Oline will have had 4 coaches, but you are right that the young guys have really only had Grimes.

I guess my bitch is more about the trend of turning over an Oline coach every two years or so. It's been going on since Slick Rick and I have a feeling it has negatively impacted our Oline performance. My fear is that we will keep doing this and our offenses will continue to suffer because we're always waiting for our Oline to "gel".

Well the seniors on the Oline will have had 4 coaches, but you are right that the young guys have really only had Grimes.

I guess my bitch is more about the trend of turning over an Oline coach every two years or so. It's been going on since Slick Rick and I have a feeling it has negatively impacted our Oline performance. My fear is that we will keep doing this and our offenses will continue to suffer because we're always waiting for our Oline to "gel".

NO argument. I think getting a good O-line coach in here and KEEPING him is an important piece of the puzzle.

There has been too much injury and attrition for the Oline to gel over the years. The O line coach has something to do with it, but if you can't get the same 5-6 guys to line up over an entire season it's going to be hard. And that's not even adding in the talent issue.

****!

Mizzou just lost it's first assistant in 8 years, why can't we have that success? Oh wait, mayebe cause we don't know how to pay assistants. Frickin 1 year is a jokle. 1 year 1 year no contracts 12 year thjats it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sick on it:sad2:

Here's why - smaller pay scale and no long term contracts (except HC). http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3853854

Grimes is a traitor. He was given a huge opportunity here and turned around after one year and stabbed us in the back. Good riddance. I hope his career goes down the tubes. Sorry, but I believe in loyalty. At least for 3 or 4 years.

Back