What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

GT: Hampton Inn (4-4) @ Colorado (9-1)

Except Guz is the furthest thing from the same type of big as Mills and his ability to stretch the floor while also being physical enough to pound down low could make him a much more valuable player and larger contributor than Mills ever was. To write him off the way you are after only seeing him play limited minutes in 11 games while coming in out of shape is foolish, to say the least.

Fine. I'm sure Guz will be playing meaningful minutes against teams like Arizona and UCLA.

They don't have to be exactly the same player to have the same impact.

This year, probably not. Any of the next three years? I suppose you're welcome to make your guess, though you're the self admitted bandwagon basketball fan who doesn't know too much about the sport.

And you self proclaimed experts aren't exactly making it pleasant or enjoyable for the self proclaimed casual hoops fan around here.

And you self proclaimed experts aren't exactly making it pleasant or enjoyable for the self proclaimed casual hoops fan around here.
I'm no expert. I just don't think you were making any sense and don't understand your desire to make a strong declaration about the entire career of a player after so little time.

The entire career? Whaaaa?

Is THAT what this is all about? That you you somehow think I've relegated Guz to obscurity for his entire career? Seriously?

Just a little bit of friendly advice, but you might want to reconsider jumping all over a guy who makes a post ("are you high?") Before you take the time to actually figure out the point being made. It really does make for a pretty toxic atmosphere around here.

Guz is a modern day version of Ben Mills, albeit with a little more meat on the frame. Same skill set.

Not at the moment.

They're both plodding big men who come off the bench to produce very little. They're not highly gifted basketball players. That's my impression, anyway. I wouldn't count on Guz to produce much for us.

The entire career? Whaaaa?

Is THAT what this is all about? That you you somehow think I've relegated Guz to obscurity for his entire career? Seriously?

Just a little bit of friendly advice, but you might want to reconsider jumping all over a guy who makes a post ("are you high?") Before you take the time to actually figure out the point being made. It really does make for a pretty toxic atmosphere around here.

Well yeah, when you make statements that he's not gifted and has the same skill set as Mills, it sounds like you're saying he has no room to improve and is a waste. Maybe you should clarify more and say something like, "Guz seems like he'll have similar production to Mills this year. If he doesn't improve over the next 3 whole ****ing years that he has left, then it will be disappointing." Everyone would agree there. So are you now changing your position?

Back