What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Guess the Attendance: Arizona State

As has been discussed, tickets prices are just wrong. They need to stagger seat prices from field level to the concourse. They need to be consistent (seats in 215 are cheaper than seats in 220, etc.) The prices are also just a bit too high to attract casual fans. Also fan experience is improving, but still has a ways to go. Sound system still sucks, bathrooms are still ancient, concessions are still a problem, wi-fi connectivity in the bowl is awful etc.
And I bet you they're too stubborn to fix it even though they could guarantee a sellout against UCLA by doing it. It's blatantly obvious where the tickets are too expensive.

Oh man, we need to win a big one. That **** should be sold out but I just don't think it's quite there, building though.
I mean, they had two games in Mac's first three seasons that were over 40.1K and they were both against Oregon. This will now be two in a row over 46K. The first three games of the 1989 season weren't even sold out, so it might take some more winning .

Takes time man. It's not when they think they can win, it's when they know they can. They'll show because it is building. Reminds me of the Nebraska thing even if it might not be but feels that way. I won a lot of money that day. That had been building awhile so I took some chances lol.

random ?, didn't want to start a new thread. What happens if or when we beat UW in the CCG? Playoffs? (Jim Mora sound) or JUST (sarcasm) the Rose Bowl?

random ?, didn't want to start a new thread. What happens if or when we beat UW in the CCG? Playoffs? (Jim Mora sound) or JUST (sarcasm) the Rose Bowl?
Even if we win-out and finish 11-2 I think there will be at least 4 one-loss P5 teams this year. Rose Bowl.

You can tell others are taking notice with new posters from other schools showing up each week. Game weeks are fun again. Time to keep on Rising and take care of business this weekend.

It would be the Rose Bowl unless some crazy stuff happens.

8:45am 10/11
upload_2016-10-11_8-43-57-png.20982

8:45 10/12
upload_2016-10-12_8-41-41.png

Not looking good unfortunately. 6pm kickoff may be really hurting us with families. Going to have to hope for a big walkup crowd I guess.

Wish it was more, but if it takes some underwhelming crowds to knock a little sense into the heads of those who set ticket prices, so be it.

Saturday forecasted for a high of 77 and 0% chance of precipitation. That should help in general, but I agree families won't be particular interested. Game will end after 9, and anyone living outside of the city of Boulder won't be home until past 10 pm. That means you will be fortunate for the kids to be asleep by 11 pm.

Unless your kids are high school age or older, you immediately question whether or not you want to have your kids jacked up all day Sunday for a football game.

Last edited:
I'm confused, I thought 6 was perfect for families because so many have sports going on during the day?

Well, there has been craziness this year. I wouldn't expect it to stop really. Bring it each week, you'll be sorry otherwise.

3:30 seems to be the best time slot for everyone.
I think that really depends on the time of year. In late November a 3:30 kickoff is equivalent to a 6:30 kickoff in September in terms of daylight. Remember that Cal game in 2013? Don't you remember it as a night game? It was a 3:30 kick. I honestly hope Wazzu or Utah is a 12:30 game.

I think that really depends on the time of year. In late November a 3:30 kickoff is equivalent to a 6:30 kickoff in September in terms of daylight. Remember that Cal game in 2013? Don't you remember it as a night game? It was a 3:30 kick. I honestly hope Wazzu or Utah is a 12:30 game.
Sunset in Boulder on Saturday is 6:20pm. Seems crazy, but it is.

10/12 8:45
upload_2016-10-12_8-41-41-png.20993

10/13 9:45
upload_2016-10-13_9-49-13.png

Starting to move some of the high value tickets. 118 and 120 are almost sold out. They look to be having a lot of trouble selling 107 for some reason, tons of seats there.

Back