What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Guy on NB reporting EB is a done deal.

If EB is already HC, bohn lied and didn't do a search at all. Good Lord people, we will hear 5 million more names and rumors before it's all said and done.

EB will get a HC job in the next year or two. Most likely on the West Coast. Do we want him to be ours, or have to play him every year?

EB will get a HC job in the next year or two. Most likely on the West Coast. Do we want him to be ours, or have to play him every year?

That would be the fear... I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up at UCLA in another 2-3 years when Rick runs out of time. Maybe even USC. Those jobs could be open at the same time.

He was OFFERED the OFFENSIVE COORIDINATOR position at SOUTHERN ****ing CAL!!!

I wouldn't get too keyed up over this, frankly. Kiffin had a hard time filling out his coaching staff, especially after the sh*tstorm that Carroll left behind.

Really? How many NFL position coaches who have never been a coordinator (or higher) anywhere ever jump to a HC position at a BCS school? Serious question - can anyone think of one, hopefully that worked out well too?

Is EB a married man?

EDIT:
Bieniemy and his wife, Mia, have two sons, Eric III and Elijah.

I heard is was a playa back in the day.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm all in on EB because of his recruiting ability, his ties to the program, and I think he could put together a good staff.

Really? How many NFL position coaches who have never been a coordinator (or higher) anywhere ever jump to a HC position at a BCS school? Serious question - can anyone think of one, hopefully that worked out well too?
Tim Brewster. No, it didn't turn out well.

By that rationale Hawkins should have been as good as Urban Meyer. I wish people would stop using older coaches' as a way to determine the success of someone else.

By that rationale Hawkins should have been as good as Urban Meyer. I wish people would stop using older coaches' as a way to determine the success of someone else.

Hawkins doesn't have anything to do with his argument. Nor does the age of coaches. His point was about the type of prior experience that first-time head coaches have, specifically at the coordinator level.

When I mention Mac's name to my friends from the Midwest/Big Ten, they roll their eyes for two reasons: 1.) the outlaw/renegade rep of his programs, and 2.) this Christian stuff.

Maybe he is better suited for Baylor?

I don't buy the outlaw/reneagade stuff, BTW. Yes, he recruited some pretty tough kids, but they tended to be well-behaved at CU all things considered. No?

Not saying I agree. Just saying what I hear. We weren't as bad as Miami/Nebraska/FSU, but we definitely had an urban swagger, considering we came from Boulder. I kinda want that back, and I think EB can bring it.

Maybe he is better suited for Baylor?

I don't buy the outlaw/reneagade stuff, BTW. Yes, he recruited some pretty tough kids, but they tended to be well-behaved at CU all things considered. No?

No one will be named HC until the end of the season. Bohn will give Cabral a chance even tho he will never get the permanent gig

Guy on NB if full of poo. The search continues. EB may or may not be the leading candidate at this moment, but the job remains open.

Hawkins doesn't have anything to do with his argument. Nor does the age of coaches. His point was about the type of prior experience that first-time head coaches have, specifically at the coordinator level.

Yeah, and my point is one guy's success does not guarantee another's just because they took the same path.

Back