What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Hansen red shirt in 2009?

Hansen's play was limited in the spring and summer, due to a broken bone in his hand.

One of the updates this morning says Hansen did not practice due to an illness.

Ruh-roh ....

Also saw that Mich. State is going to us a 2 qb system...

Food for thought.

One of the updates this morning says Hansen did not practice due to an illness.

Ruh-roh ....

Also saw that Mich. State is going to us a 2 qb system...

Food for thought.

A two qb system is terrible...no way to gain momentum or rythm. You might be able to give some defenses adjustment issues, but it is not worth the sacrifices. Teams that have underperforming offenses use a two qb system (or wildcat) to throw in wrinkles to get production. IMO Cody will have the comfort level (and time) to be productive and we will have the run game to present match-up issues with the receivers. Good Offense with 1 confident QB and TH on the sidelines with a redshirt barring any injuries or major production issues from CH.

I find it interesting that this tidbit has not been picked up on any other message boards or hit the media in any way, shape or form.

My only beef with Hansen redshirting is the mind **** that it could put on him since none of the other freshman qbs looks ready to lead the offense.

Can you imagine:
Tomorrow: "Tyler, we're going to redshirt you, but you have to be ready to come in if Cody goes down."

Week 10: "Tyler, Cody's been knocked out. Burn your redshirt and get in there."

i only read the first 4 pages of the thread, but i don't like or get the move. all things being equal given what we've seen so far with the staff and Cody what makes anyone think if TH redshirts he's going to beat out SENIOR Cody Hawkins?

and if they want the 3 years of TH eligibility as the endgame, what does that say about the underclass QB's on campus/verballed?

i'm sure if Cody goes down (given his size, mobility and physical stature?)...they yank the shirt but we need QB's now. i don't get why you put Hanson on ice.

Cody may be good PR and i think he has a solid year but he's not "sure thing" and there are BCS conference type throws he can't make.

Some of you may remember the way mizzoo handled booger-eaters' frosh season. They had Brad Smith at qb, but let Daniel run the O for 1 or 2 series a game (usually during the 2nd quarter, if memory serves correct). Might be an option here.

Some of you may remember the way mizzoo handled booger-eaters' frosh season. They had Brad Smith at qb, but let Daniel run the O for 1 or 2 series a game (usually during the 2nd quarter, if memory serves correct). Might be an option here.

i've brought that up before. i think you are right, like first series of the second Q was daniel.

I honestly believe we see Tyler play in several situations on game day.
I have to believe the staff will use his mobility to an advantage.
Maybe he's in at QB on some short yardage situations or maybe
he runs some option. Who knows... just guessing.
Practice has been such a mystery so I have to believe coaches are drawing
up some packages that he can use to exploit defenses.

Back