What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Happy Football Season!!! (Official Camp Thread)

I really don't miss the days of having 1.5 pac 12 WR on the team.
I think there's a lot to that saying around the program about "iron sharpens iron". Having what was basically an NFL secondary last season made these guys so much better. Plus great coaching and recruiting from Chev. Still having trouble wrapping my head around all the preseason pundits saying we've got one of the top 5 WR corps in the nation even though the productivity facts support it.

Now, what we've got to hope is that this comes full circle and the iron that gets sharpened this camp is our young CBs who are trying to cover these dudes every day.

With four receivers graduating this year, I think redshirting Ento would be a very wise move. Dude has skills, but is buried on the depth chart.

It'd be nice for Montez to go from Shay, Bobo, Ross and Winfree as the top 4 to Winfree, Ento, and then a combination of Huntley/Brown/Shenault/Jackson/Bell/Nixon as 3/4 in 2018. All this assuming Winfree stays in school and doesn't try to leave for the draft.

If the OL can give Montez time to get through his reads (and he learns to get through them) this offense can compete with anyone in the country. Someone will be open on every play. It all starts up front though.

1v1 is heavily in favor of the WR. A good practice drill but tells us more about Ross than Fo.

Fo v. Ross play reactions:
1) Wow, Look at Ross run!
2) Dammit, who underthrew that ball?
3) Holy ****, what a catch by Ross, he's come a loooong way.
4) I remained convinced we will really miss Tedric Thompson. Good physical play by pho, but didn't react at all to Ross's adjustment.

Camp life :ROFLMAO:

Yeah. Or would piss me off at Eliot if there's ever a game situation where Fo is isolated without help over the top against a WR who runs a sub 4.4 forty.
Wouldn't Fo be the over the top help as a safety?

Wouldn't Fo be the over the top help as a safety?
Yes. There were cases last year when Tedric was asked to run with a slot WR without help, though. So I expect Fisher to be in that spot every now and then this year, but not Fo. Where Fo can't get beat over the top is when he's providing that help.

This is interesting. I wonder if they'll bring Coleman in for McCartney at times or if he'll sub for a DE.

Fo v. Ross play reactions:
1) Wow, Look at Ross run!
2) Dammit, who underthrew that ball?
3) Holy ****, what a catch by Ross, he's come a loooong way.
4) I remained convinced we will really miss Tedric Thompson. Good physical play by pho, but didn't react at all to Ross's adjustment.

Camp life :ROFLMAO:
Lytle was the one who threw it btw.

Callier getting a little run. One of the guys a lot of folks who follow the program thought could contribute early. Sounds like he made one hell of an athletic play that most guys couldn't execute. (Maybe I'm wrong about his future being with his hand on the ground.)

Callier getting a little run. One of the guys a lot of folks who follow the program thought could contribute early. Sounds like he made one hell of an athletic play that most guys couldn't execute. (Maybe I'm wrong about his future being with his hand on the ground.)

Rush linebacker all the way. That frame is close to tapped out.

Back