What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Has Hawk lost this team and is all progress lost?

Yeah, what a jerk buffwings is for wanting a better product in year 3. Good thing we have superfans like you to set everyone straight. I'll keep saying it, I only asked for a winning season in year 3,that's 1 more win.

We stand at 4-4, do we win 3 more games? Do we win 2? I think the "possibility" of cu being better next year is there with our OL returning and some of the players you mentioned becoming stronger and more experienced. Problem is, the mantra next year will be the defense is too young.

Nobody's asking for a big 12 title, just go out and at least be competitive and not use losing 2 OL as an excuse for the offense becoming so awful.

Adapt , overcome, improvise.
What????

I am asking for a Big 12 title. Why settle for anything less...

I dont think we changed our O for DS. We are running an O that features a QB, not the RB.

DS is a back that will shine with good blocking between the tackles and opportunities to play in open space. We have provided him with neither.

It's pretty clear that this offense was designed solely for what one quarterback can and can't do. Even though the quarterback was put in the shotgun, ostensibly to put him in the best possible position to be the focus of the offense, he still can't throw over the line anywhere in the middle. To further complicate the problems he is either ditching his sideline passes into the turf short of the receiver or floating them past the receiver. He has no ability to use his feet to escape trouble. Finally, the running plays handing off to backs from a standstill in the shotgun do not suit the linemen or the backs that are on this team. The linemen are for the most part learning on the job. They are being asked to finesse block and they have not learned how to do it. They got a college football scholarship in the first place because they were nasty drive blockers.
Stewart has shown pretty good ability to escape through the small finesse blocked holes, but comes ever so short of breaking a long run. He just might have broken a few long runs with a lead blocker. What little we have seen from Darrell Scott, he appears more like a classic Chris Brown type sledge hammer. This last game he was given a chance to run a few times in a row and he relished putting the hammer on a guy. It looks like he is now healthy. Put him behind drive blocking road grader linemen, something these young linemen should be able to do reasonably well, plus a blocking back, then you would see the offense move. The run game would open up a play action pass attack with someone like Hansen who can apparently throw pretty well on target all over and run.

I love Cody Hawkins. I would love to have a son like him. However, he is clearly not quarterbacking a winning offense in this league. At least not this goofball Helfrich offense. Interchanging him with Hansen these last two games has clearly raised the question, why, for God's sakes?
As far as I'm concerned, Helfrich has proven to be a huge liability. Read his bio and look at what we have seen for 3 years. He was running backs coach for one year out of college at Southern Oregon. He was player/offensive coordinator coach for the Vienna Vikings in 1997. That's Vienna, Austria, for God's sakes! Then quarterback coach for 3 years at Boise State and 5 years at Arizona State before coming to Colorado as the OC. At age 34 he is still the youngest offensive coordinator at a BCS school and the 3rd youngest in all 120 division 1A schools. His current offense at Colorado has severe limitations and reflects his only apparent interest in offensive football, the quarterback.
I have been criticized elsewhere for being in the stone age of football for my ideas. But hell, at least I have some ideas, unlike my critic(s) who offer no ideas of their own other than to say that the offense needs time to catch up to Helfrich's great abilities. Abilities??
Finally, if any of you have listened to Bobby Pesavento on KOA after the last two games, he has said basically what I have said about what to do with the offense. I guess the critics will say that Bobby is nothing but a washed up stone age quarterback.
And this is just the offense.

I'd just like to point out that if you sat down before the season and before the injuries and marked w/l, we've pretty much won and lost the games we were 'supposed to,' except the the WVU game, which we won.

Yeah, what a jerk buffwings is for wanting a better product in year 3. Good thing we have superfans like you to set everyone straight. I'll keep saying it, I only asked for a winning season in year 3,that's 1 more win.

We stand at 4-4, do we win 3 more games? Do we win 2? I think the "possibility" of cu being better next year is there with our OL returning and some of the players you mentioned becoming stronger and more experienced. Problem is, the mantra next year will be the defense is too young.

Nobody's asking for a big 12 title, just go out and at least be competitive and not use losing 2 OL as an excuse for the offense becoming so awful.

Adapt , overcome, improvise.
We have more freshmen then upperclassmen. Chill the **** out.

Huh? One thing we can't slam Hawkins is his recruiting efforts. He's raised the bar for our program in that area. We haven't seen these kind of results since Mac and Skippy.

Seriously. Not even sure what to say to a post like that.:lol:

Going from 6 wins to 7 wins iS insane? A winning season in year 3 is insane? That's bogus, 1 more win is asking for a 180 degree turn-around?

i do not believe i said seven wins was insane. whatchoo talkin bout, willis? if you want to play at putting words in my mouth, explain how you think that going from two wins to seven is truly a 180 degree turnaround? two to TEN would fit that requirement far better, don't you think?

So does Florida State... I don't see them losing... So does Minnesota... they've gone from 1-11 to 7-1... Youth is NOT an excuse...

yeah. because the situations are entirely parallel. great analogy. :rolleyes:

So does Florida State... I don't see them losing... So does Minnesota... they've gone from 1-11 to 7-1... Youth is NOT an excuse...

FSU has a **** ton more talent then we've had. They always pulled great players. I don't think you can accurately compare FSU to CU.

Take a good look at Minnesota's schedule. Who have they played? Honestly? The Big 10 is obviously down BIG TIME. I'd love to switch schedules with those Gophers.

Northern Illinois
Bowling Green
Montana St.
Florida Atlantic
Ohio State
Indiana
Illinois
Purdue
Northwestern
Michigan
Wisconsin
Iowa

We have more freshmen then upperclassmen. Chill the **** out.

1 more win. 6 in 2007....7 in 2008. This board was wetting themselves after scott signed and expectations were high. Now you want me to chill out over a 58-0 loss.

If cu beats texas a&m, you'll want all mighty praise and I'll be the first one here giving that praise,but you act like fans are supposed to go ho-hum over this loss.....

Maybe hawk doesn't think wins and losses are important or bowl games but a majority of the fans do.

There are other young teams getting it done.

FSU has a **** ton more talent then we've had. They always pulled great players. I don't think you can accurately compare FSU to CU.

Take a good look at Minnesota's schedule. Who have they played? Honestly? The Big 10 is obviously down BIG TIME. I'd love to switch schedules with those Gophers.

Northern Illinois
Bowling Green
Montana St.
Florida Atlantic
Ohio State
Indiana
Illinois
Purdue
Northwestern
Michigan
Wisconsin
Iowa

Does cu win 7 games with that schedule?

Syko god love you for being a Buff Fan but are u ****in retarded ? The roster was bare of top division 1 talent! No ****in way you rebuild this team with the Knida bull**** press scandal and do it within 4 years. The fact the team competes decently is what you should accept for now. But for **** sakes use 3 brain cellsand say can depth of team cover injury's ? The answer is no and unless you became a ****in idiot over night asses what is nowand what needs to be before u have high expectations. If you are this over reactionary on Hawkins in a cycle of only 3 seasons god help u i pray you can eat food with utensils.

Syko god love you for being a Buff Fan but are u ****in retarded ? The roster was bare of top division 1 talent! No ****in way you rebuild this team with the Knida bull**** press scandal and do it within 4 years. The fact the team competes decently is what you should accept for now. But for **** sakes use 3 brain cellsand say can depth of team cover injury's ? The answer is no and unless you became a ****in idiot over night asses what is nowand what needs to be before u have high expectations. If you are this over reactionary on Hawkins in a cycle of only 3 seasons god help u i pray you can eat food with utensils.

Here we go again, many people are ticked and yet we single me out. BRING IT, you can call me whatever the f**K you want,I can handle it.

Look around, many feel the same. I asked for 1 more win and you act like I killed someone,1 effing win!

oh for ****'s sake.

Christ has nothing to do with it.

We can't score yet it's amazing to you that anyone would think we wouldn't win 7 games with that schedule.

We would beat ohio state,illinois and northwestern huh....

:lol:

Here we go again, many people are ticked and yet we single me out. BRING IT, you can call me whatever the f**K you want,I can handle it.

Look around, many feel the same. I asked for 1 more win and you act like I killed someone,1 effing win!

:lol: i wonder if midol will work for your symptomology? i have no doubt people feel the way you do, syko. y'all have infested the cyberwaves with total drama.

plenty of people also feel it is seriously overdone.

Christ has nothing to do with it.

christ is not blocked out. think about it.

if you want to take up a big ten prediction schedule, you will have to direct it to the person who added it to the discussion table - it was not me.

Northern Illinois
Bowling Green
Montana St.
Florida Atlantic
Ohio State
Indiana
Illinois
Purdue
Northwestern
Michigan
Wisconsin
Iowa

FSU is in a very prime market for recruiting. They could get all of UF's and GA's leftovers and still field a highly competitive team. The ACC is not even close to the Big 12 in terms of top-to-bottom depth.

They also have a history of mNCs and BCS Bowls under a 25 year coach. If anything, they certainly have underperformed for the past couple of years. They have humongous expectations for an already established program while we are still trying to re-establish ours.

Oh and damn it valdez, I don't ever want to play Montana St again! I don't want to relieve that day. I still remember walking back home after that game. But yeah, if we didn't play 2 really tough OOC games then we possibly have another win (if we sub out FSU).

:lol: i wonder if midol will work for your symptomology? i have no doubt people feel the way you do, syko. y'all have infested the cyberwaves with total drama.

Maybe you and your watch party can come up with a drug to help us poor souls.

Stick your head back in the sand,we'll use your ass as a bike rack.

Trust your eyeballs. What did they tell you when this team (especially on the offensive side of the ball) played FSU, UT, and now Mizzou? They tell you everything you need to know. Most of those upperclassmen that are contributing are on the defensive side.

Frankly, the biggest dissapointment to me was the defense in this game. Collins hung them out to dry with the worst gameplan of the season.

Syko is the classic parent in the bleachers screaming at the coach for taking out his kid. Everyone else can see the boy sucks, but to the parent his boy is Peyton Manning. Every HS has one of those parents. They throw a hissyfit whenever things don't go their way. They want immediate results, they don't care about the effort or hours that go into running a program. And if they don't get what they want, they make everyone around them completely miserable.

super. :thumbsup:

in addition to lashing out like a squalling child, you demonstrate that you are also having sexual issues. tell you what: leave me out of your need for ass. thanks.

Syko is the classic parent in the bleachers screaming at the coach for taking out his kid. Everyone else can see the boy sucks, but to the parent his boy is Peyton Manning. Every HS has one of those parents. They throw a hissyfit whenever things don't go their way. They want immediate results, they don't care about the effort or hours that go into running a program. And if they don't get what they want, they make everyone around them completely miserable.

:nod:

ahhh I like Syko.

Mostly because if we are this bad next year (or anywhere NEAR IT), I will probably be off the reservation so bad that he will think I am out of hand.

Northern Illinois
Bowling Green
Montana St.
Florida Atlantic
Ohio State
Indiana
Illinois
Purdue
Northwestern
Michigan
Wisconsin
Iowa

I hope you're being sarcastic. I don't think I can take anything you say seriously after a post like that.

FSU does NOT have a **** ton more talent than we do right now. CU wouldn't win 7 games with Minnesota's schedule.

FSU has played 22 true freshmen. Minnesota has played 14. CU? CU has played 9.

Seriously, visiting ESPN regularly, and having a subscription to Scout and Rivals doesn't qualify you to talk about football.

Go read this book:

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Football-Dummies-Second-Howie-Long/dp/0764539361"]Amazon.com: Football for Dummies, Second Edition: Howie Long, John Czarnecki: Books[/ame]

Then come back and we'll talk deeper football strategy.

I hope you're being sarcastic. I don't think I can take anything you say seriously after a post like that.

FSU does NOT have a **** ton more talent than we do right now. CU wouldn't win 7 games with Minnesota's schedule.

FSU has played 22 true freshmen. Minnesota has played 14. CU? CU has played 9.

Seriously, visiting ESPN regularly, and having a subscription to Scout and Rivals doesn't qualify you to talk about football.

Go read this book:

Amazon.com: Football for Dummies, Second Edition: Howie Long, John Czarnecki: Books

Then come back and we'll talk deeper football strategy.

Care to look at recruiting rankings over the past 5 years and get back to us on that one? Btw, recruiting rankings are not a tell all, but they are highly predictive of success.

Back