What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

have the rams ever been good?

I'd like to replace ISU with CSU in the B12.
- ISU is too far away for a road trip. CU fans would therefore get a better rep for travelling.
- CSU would get BCS money, raising the profile of college FB. I'd argue that a better CSU is good for the development of high school players.
- There'd be one more legit reason for the B12 championship game to be held in Denver.
- An other OCC opponent could be scheduled.

I don't hate CSU no matter what their fans do or say. Two wrongs don't make a right.

To each their own, but I would hate to see that:sad2:

And also I don't see how the Big 12 would even consider CSU with the way all their home games are half full, their stadium is the size of Texas HS stadiums, and they can't even win the MWC anymore.

CSU being good does NOTHING FOR CU. It doesn't help our strength of schedule much and as far as the colorado teams thingy, too bad.

They spew much hate for cu and as cowtown,buffsin2008, inthebuff and I hold the cu torch over there, they are just behind NU in the hate department for me.

Now, they have some cool posters over there but if they lose every game i'm not going to lose any sleep over it.

The problem I have,we say they suck so bad but we continue to struggle to beat them. If our recruiting classes are so much better, why are we beating them by last second fg's?

Don't respond with it's their superbowl or cu is in a no win situation because that is a wussy cop out. Go out and kick some a$$ this year, we brag about our recruiting being so much better and laugh at their recruiting. BLOW THEM OUT THEN.

I need a break from that place. Between all the posts by BVP4H and now all the political posts on the GDB, it is hard to read. I might venture back there in a couple months in time for a rant about the Broncos draft, but who knows.

I need a break from that place. Between all the posts by BVP4H and now all the political posts on the GDB, it is hard to read. I might venture back there in a couple months in time for a rant about the Broncos draft, but who knows.

I remember when I used to post over there. That place drove me literally insane and I had to stop. You think my emotions take over here sometimes, oh man I lost it sometimes over there with their delusional buff bashing talking. I would probably have more respect for CSU if I never found out about lamenation.

I remember when I used to post over there. That place drove me literally insane and I had to stop. You think my emotions take over here sometimes, oh man I lost it sometimes over there with their delusional buff bashing talking. I would probably have more respect for CSU if I never found out about lamenation.

I treat Lambnation like Ralph treats Brittney Spears: Never been there. Not going. Get sucked in over there and you're going to be dealing with a different level of delusions and craziness.

I used to root for CSU, but after seeing how their fans act towards CU, I lost all respect for the lambs.

That about sums it for me as well.

One thing that has mystified me is why the lammie fans are so infatuated with playing in Denver. Since the series moved to Denver in the late 90's, lammie fans almost always sell out their allotment (which is about 35K), yet more often than not don't get nearly that many at their home games and they had trouble selling out their allotment of 5,000 seats for the 2 recent games in Folsom. Didn't they even return some tix for the last game in Folsom?

That about sums it for me as well.

One thing that has mystified me is why the lammie fans are so infatuated with playing in Denver. Since the series moved to Denver in the late 90's, lammie fans almost always sell out their allotment (which is about 35K), yet more often than not don't get nearly that many at their home games and they had trouble selling out their allotment of 5,000 seats for the 2 recent games in Folsom. Didn't they even return some tix for the last game in Folsom?

You think our fans are lame? You haven't seen anything. They have more alums in Denver than CU does. But most of those alums won't leave Denver to watch their team play. I know many of them. They claim to be big fans but haven't been up to Ft. Fun for a game in years, many of them haven't been since they graduated.

That's why they like the game in Denver. It's the only time they play in front of a large, packed stadium all year.

hate is such a strong word. How can we hate a school/team that we've dominated? It's like hating Oklahoma State or Baylor. They have their success every once in a while, but on balance, they're not worth the emotional investment. I don't hate CSU. They are a mild annoyance to me.

Boo!

See, I love Air Force, but I refuse to cheer for the Lambs

I agree with you. I love AF but dislike CSU. I didnt always hate the lammies because I used to be one of them and in the early 90s when I went to CSU then CU, CU beat them on a regular basis. Then they got lucky, or we sucked, or whatever, for a couple of games and all of a sudden they own us.

I saw how ridiculous their fans got and how they thought they would be the premier school in the state and that CU would revert to Div 1AA and they were the new elite team and so on and so forth....:lol:

After that I have nothing but contempt for those sheepheads.

Go Falcons, Go Buffs, and between CU and AFA I would have to pick CU.

Last edited:
Sonny did do a great job. I think they had only been to like two bowls ever before his arrival. In Sonny's prime, he dominated the MWC and tookt he rams to many bowls. They also played on Thursday nights a lot and that got them nationally known.
Sonny couldn't keep it up though and Fairchild has his work cut out for him, because the Rams are closer to what they were before Sonny than they were under Sonny's prime. I don't really see them being like they were under Sonny in the late 90's ever again, but who knows.

As far as a them being a thorn in CU's side let me explain something. CU has dominated this series, and when CU has had the better overall talent, usually CU dominates.

CU vs. CSU facts

-CU leads 58-19-2
-CU won the first matchup in 1893 70-6
-It took the Rams 15 tries before they beat the Buffs for the first time.
-CSU's longest winning streak over CU is 3 games, which they did twice.
-CU has shutout CSU 23 times in the series. Thats right, CU has shutout CSU more times than CSU has beaten CU.
-The godfather of CSU football, Sonny was 4-9 against the buffs. Half of those games were against mediocre CU teams at best.

I used to root for CSU, but after seeing how their fans act towards CU, I lost all respect for the lambs.

:yeahthat:

You think our fans are lame? You haven't seen anything. They have more alums in Denver than CU does. But most of those alums won't leave Denver to watch their team play. I know many of them. They claim to be big fans but haven't been up to Ft. Fun for a game in years, many of them haven't been since they graduated.

That's why they like the game in Denver. It's the only time they play in front of a large, packed stadium all year.
not only is it the most convenient, but its the only game they can afford to attend... freakin' hamburger flippers

To each their own, but I would hate to see that:sad2:

And also I don't see how the Big 12 would even consider CSU with the way all their home games are half full, their stadium is the size of Texas HS stadiums, and they can't even win the MWC anymore.

CSU is caught in a vicious circle. The more they suck, the more empty Hughes Stadium shall be.

As pathetic as CSU might be, it's still a better campus than OSU, not withstanding the obvious impact of the Pickens contribution. CSU is definately in the same caliber as kjuco or ISU.

I'm surprised so many CU fans would rather see BCS money flowing to the ag colleges of KS, IA, OK, and TX. When compaired to Manhattan, Ames, Stillwater or College Station, the city of Ft. Fun is a boomtown, Fat Tire Beer and all.

As it is, CU is an outpost in the B12, 500 miles away from it's closest rival, and that stinks.

One of the things I like best about the idea is that it would make the other B12 schools uncomfortable due to the travel. We'd see how well those other schools travel if they have a second Colorado team to contend with.

Last edited by a moderator:
One of the things I like best about the idea is that it would make the other B12 schools uncomfortable due to the travel. We'd see how well those other schools travel if they have a second Colorado team to contend with.

Plus, imagine how uncomfortable all those Fusker-Lamb fan alliances would become if they had to play each other once a year.

Plus, imagine how uncomfortable all those Fusker-Lamb fan alliances would become if they had to play each other once a year.

Now that I can agree with. I get so sick of all these fake ass bandwagon ram/fusker fans that flip flop between the two teams just because they like to gang up on the enemy.

Air Force has some shady **** going on, especially 2 seasons ago. with a couple of their starters. If it was CU, people would never stop talking about it. It was air force so, 99% of you don't even know about it. :sad1:

csu can go choke on donkey balls .....:smile2:
hope they never win another game again in football or basketball-

New to the board, read netbuffs alot....I like what you all have going on over here..

Welcome GoCU. There are other converts here, as well. :smile2:

Rule 1 - it's spelled IDOT. As in, "that fusker troll is an idot".

Rule 2 - Junction has first rights to edit, i.e., "fixed it for ya".

Rule 3 - Don't piss off DBT, he likes to YELL.

Rule 4 - you can break rules 2 and 3 if ya want, but rule 1 is sacred.

Welcome rep sent~

I actually rooted for CSU when Sonny was there. I think he was a quality coach and he had a great thing going up there. However...it's just those damn CSU fans and their annoying attitude towards CU. I mean...I just don't care about the game. I want to win of course, but they're the smaller school. It's just a fact. We're better almost in all areas academically; we're better athletically; we have a greater history; we have more notable alumni and faculty...the list goes on. They're not a bad school, but they just get this short man/small penis/little brother syndrome when it comes us. I hate that. I still like CSU all other weeks aside from the week we play them, but I can't stand their fans...

Gotcha! Good rules. There isn't a guy here by the name Hooligan is there?

I refuse to bash them, I root for them in all games but CU.

I agree. When I was in Boulder I don't think we played CSU - I never appreciated the CSU hatred I pick up here. They are in a different and weaker conference - so why bash them? It's like picking on your little brother. If they were in the B12, won a National Championship, beat top 10 teams routinely etc then that would be different. The better they are - the better the CSU/CU game is (assuming Buffs win). If the Rams are weak the CU/CSU game becomes a joke.

I agree. When I was in Boulder I don't think we played CSU - I never appreciated the CSU hatred I pick up here. They are in a different and weaker conference - so why bash them? It's like picking on your little brother. If they were in the B12, won a National Championship, beat top 10 teams routinely etc then that would be different. The better they are - the better the CSU/CU game is (assuming Buffs win). If the Rams are weak the CU/CSU game becomes a joke.

:yeahthat:

Well said. I don't understand the animosity towards our little brethren to the North.

Then apparently you didn't have 3/4 of your family graduate from CSU... and apparently 1/2 your friends didn't attend CSU...

I hate them with a fiery passion and I hope we demolish them every time we step on the field... and I even hope they lose every single game they play.

They are right up there with Nebraska IMO.

Some of you who say they aren't worthy of attention and hatred seem to be purporting the same arguments that NU uses with us...

Then apparently you didn't have 3/4 of your family graduate from CSU... and apparently 1/2 your friends didn't attend CSU...

Well hell no I haven't. My family's too smart to have gone there. And friends don't let friends go to CSU.

ITB would never admit it, but he actually visited the CSU campus when deciding on where to go. I talked him out of the tree on that one. :thumbsup:

My hatred is reserved for the fuskers and notre dumb. The goats I find merely annoying.

I don't like the "showdown" series for us because there is not much upside...it does nothing for us if we win and hurts us badly if we lose. To me it feels like the local media is trying to create a rivalry where there just isn't one.

My hatred is reserved for the fuskers and notre dumb. The goats I find merely annoying.

I don't like the "showdown" series for us because there is not much upside...it does nothing for us if we win and hurts us badly if we lose. To me it feels like the local media is trying to create a rivalry where there just isn't one.

I think it is one. They are our only instate competition (and have actually competed with us for a few years) and I think the game means a lot to both teams. Sure it isn't nationally important if we win, but it sure does help us out!

Back