What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

have the rams ever been good?

It's definitely a rivalry like it or not, i know tons of kids at both schools and half my family went to csu, so there's always ****-talking going on

They are inferior and hopefully this year we start driving that point home

I think it is one. They are our only instate competition (and have actually competed with us for a few years) and I think the game means a lot to both teams. Sure it isn't nationally important if we win, but it sure does help us out!

It's definitely a rivalry like it or not...

:bs: Ten years ago when we had Goat State on the schedule once every 3-5 years there was no rivalry whatsoever. The "rivalry" of which you speak was artificially created by hyping up the series. The Buffs and the Goats have NEVER been truly competetive with each other.

:bs: Ten years ago when we had Goat State on the schedule once every 3-5 years there was no rivalry whatsoever. The "rivalry" of which you speak was artificially created by hyping up the series. The Buffs and the Goats have NEVER been truly competetive with each other.

Someone else posted this fact: CU has shut out the goats more often than the goats have beaten CU. Enough said.

Rivalries have to start somewhere.

Yea, you guys sound exactly like Husker fans.

There is a rivalry there... whether it was there 15 years ago is irrelavant, it is there now.

CSU knocked us off enough times over the past 10 years to warrant our attention I would think. And if you'v ever been to Invesco for the game, then you know that it has all the hatred of a rivalry, from both sides.

Yea, you guys sound exactly like Husker fans.

There is a rivalry there... whether it was there 15 years ago is irrelavant, it is there now.

CSU knocked us off enough times over the past 10 years to warrant our attention I would think. And if you'v ever been to Invesco for the game, then you know that it has all the hatred of a rivalry, from both sides.

Maybe it's a generational thing...seems like the people who think the "rivalry" is legit are all kids who came to CU amidst the hype.

As for Invesco...meh. I've gone and the only hatred comes from the ram fams because it is their super bowl. :huh:

Maybe it's a generational thing...seems like the people who think the "rivalry" is legit are all kids who came to CU amidst the hype.

As for Invesco...meh. I've gone and the only hatred comes from the ram fams because it is their super bowl. :huh:

That is blatantly false. Would that be why the whole West end stadium ramp was shaking as CU fans exited the game chanting "IT SUCKS, TO BE, A CSU RAM..." back in... 2003 I think?

Would that be why CU fans rushed the field after the victories in Folsom?

Well,cu better start taking the game more seriously because beating the sheep by last second fg's isn't cutting it.

Them's fightin' words.

But there is some logic with your point, and it would follow that CSU fans sound like CU fans.

:smile2:

I just want NU fans to agree with are rivals, and I want CU fans to admit that CSU are rivals.

:thumbsup:

:smile2:

I just want NU fans to agree with are rivals, and I want CU fans to admit that CSU are rivals.

:thumbsup:

I view CU as a rival. Plain and simple. The problem is that you will never have the entire fan base agreeing with that, just like the entire CU fanbase will never call CSU a rival. How ironic, my 1000th post is saying something that most of you will like...:smile2:

I think the term "rival" means different things to different people. I don't view CSU as an equal to CU. Sorry, they just aren't. When CU and CSU play, I want to beat CSU. But after the game is over, I really don't care one way or the other what they do. On game day, I have a healthy dislike for anything green. I want to kill those mofos. I want to eat their children. I lose that feeling pretty much at the moment the Centennial Cup is handed to Dan Hawkins.

*ebraska, on the other hand. I still hate those bastards AFTER we beat the hell out of them. I want to beat them in every way possible. Football, basketball, swimming, hockey - I don't care. Just beat *ebraska. Now that's what a rivalry means to me. If somebody wants to gin up the CU/CSU game into something it's not, fine. If that makes them happy then I'm all for it. There are clearly some who take their distaste for CSU to year-round status. I don't fit that description.

I think the term "rival" means different things to different people. I don't view CSU as an equal to CU. Sorry, they just aren't. When CU and CSU play, I want to beat CSU. But after the game is over, I really don't care one way or the other what they do. On game day, I have a healthy dislike for anything green. I want to kill those mofos. I want to eat their children. I lose that feeling pretty much at the moment the Centennial Cup is handed to Dan Hawkins.

*ebraska, on the other hand. I still hate those bastards AFTER we beat the hell out of them. I want to beat them in every way possible. Football, basketball, swimming, hockey - I don't care. Just beat *ebraska. Now that's what a rivalry means to me. If somebody wants to gin up the CU/CSU game into something it's not, fine. If that makes them happy then I'm all for it. There are clearly some who take their distaste for CSU to year-round status. I don't fit that description.

I do :smile2:

Someone else posted this fact: CU has shut out the goats more often than the goats have beaten CU. Enough said.

Correct on both accounts. It wasn't called a rivalry by anyone until the sheep beat us badly the 2nd year in Mile High and it's been competitive between then and now, and now it's about to go back to being 1-sided again.

Another thing, how can it be considered a rivalry when the teams didn't even meet for something like 25 years before 1983?

Again, what happened in 1983 is irrelavant. It is where the teams stand now.

Look at the Avs v Red Wings. That just started in the 90s, and has since died out.

Let me put it this way... We've SHUT OUT the lammies more times then they've beat us.

In the grand scheme of things, the last 10 years have been the exception, not the rule.

Again, what happened in 1983 is irrelavant. It is where the teams stand now.

Look at the Avs v Red Wings. That just started in the 90s, and has since died out.

...and end somewhere. OK, I'll call it a rivalry from about '98 until 2007, but that 10-year run of it being a rivalry is about to end.

I want them to be good so that when they win occasionally I don't feel like a truck ran over my heart and so that more people pay attention to the game...

But I still hate them with a burning passion:). I positively love winning that game!

I've said it before, I don't consider anyone not in the Big XII a rival. I think of the other 11 teams in conference when rival is mentioned far prior to thinking about CSU. Hatred on the other hand is reserved specifically for :rip:cornholio:rip:.

Would that be why CU fans rushed the field after the victories in Folsom?

I think a big reason why the CU fans rushed the field after beating the Lammies was because it was the first game of the year. College students always want to rush the field (I did), a lammie win is a good enough excuse.

IMHO, and I hate to admit this but the Lammies have become a rival in recent history. They are a rival simply because they are instate, we play them every year and they have been competitive with us. We cannot deny that the series has been fairly even for the last 10 plus years and if you watched the games it was obvious that the play of the two teams, if not the score, was also very close. CU has only cruised to a win in one or two games of the last 12.

I also think this game is about to fade away from being a "rivalry" and turn into a regular ass whooping for the lammies very soon. The lammies have enjoyed an unusually long jaunt into the world of big time D1A football but they are heading into a run at 2nd or 3rd tier team status. Small school, small team, small stadium, small program. It's pretty academic. I hated Sonny but he had some serious magic to make all that not count. I don't think they will get magic like that two from coaches in a row but even if they do that guy will not stay in fort fun past his second 9+ win season. Like it or not CSU is back in the business of being a young head coach proving ground like the rest of the teams in the WAC, MWC and CUSA.

+1 on that.

Last year was the first Invesco game in this century that I have not been accosted by CSU fans after the game wanting to start some shyte. Prior to last year, it didn't matter who won the game, CSU fans were all up in my (and my 66 year old dad's) face after the game.

+1 on that.

Last year was the first Invesco game in this century that I have not been accosted by CSU fans after the game wanting to start some shyte. Prior to last year, it didn't matter who won the game, CSU fans were all up in my (and my 66 year old dad's) face after the game.

I'm sorry, but that just isn't true. I have seen plenty of that occurring back the other direction. That '03 game was ridiculous, I saw fights and cussing from both groups of fans. Last year was a bit more tame - but I still saw it from both fan groups.

i was wondering if the rams were ever respected in division I college football. or do they just suck plain ass 24/7?

depends on what you mean by "good" ...

they had a very short run where trashmouth sonny had them playing about as well as any sheep fan could have hoped. being a non-bcs team, they never were able to go to the highest heights nor sustain that brief period of success. other than those 4 or so years under trashmouth, they have basically always sucked arse. that's just a fact.

soon, the sheep fans will being totally gone again because they will have nothing to pop off about. and, i personally know some of those sheep fans who even attended cs-moo who grew up rooting for the Buffs and they rooted for CU hard even after they graduated. this was because the Buffs ARE the only team in the state that plays on the elite stage and CU has been very, very good from time to time.

those life-long Buff fans embraced the so-called rivalry and became the most rabid of sheep fans during the brief sonny run of success. i think they were extra-rabid because they felt guilty for attending fort flatlands and rooting for CU.

now, they will go back to their former selves and break out their CU gear and claim they've always been CU fans. i am good with that. you need the bandwagoneers just like you need the long timers like us. and, we won't have to endure any more stupid talk about how the sheep could win the b12 and the other nonsense.

the sheep are dead. it is over. good riddance. welcome back former Buff fans.

I have a friend that always claimed to hate CU, but he told me the other day, he bought season tickets:lol: He said i might as well get them when i can, because in a couple years they will be hard to find:thumbsup: Let's hope

+1 on that.

And i ask this ? If provoked why did u not kick the fack out of them ? I understand when your with your father and it involves a group. But I must say this is why it is best I am to far to come to these games. I would so like to lay a whole load of shiate upon fans who take it for more than it should be. It is a football game nothing more. sometimes a good azz whopping is a very good educational tool to let people realize that fact.

And i ask this ? If provoked why did u not kick the fack out of them ? I understand when your with your father and it involves a group. But I must say this is why it is best I am to far to come to these games. I would so like to lay a whole load of shiate upon fans who take it for more than it should be. It is a football game nothing more. sometimes a good azz whopping is a very good educational tool to let people realize that fact.

You said it yourself, why would you fight (and possibly hurt someone and go to jail) over a football game? Isn't that worse than just talking "shiate".

Back