What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Hawaii Game

EASY... pump the breaks guys.

Yes this team is having a down year which might have even been a bit expected and predictable when looking at the amazing turn around this program has had. Not saying that anyone thought this would be a down year but it's not the end of the world. The talent is there its just taking longer than we all thought to put it together. We are probably not making the NCAA tournament this year, which is ok, it happens to programs that are rebuilding. Its funny to see people bashing Boyle after he has been called the savior and a genius on these boards for the past 4 or so years. Expectations were too high and yes we probably should be better than we are but lets pump the breaks on this.

When was the last time we had a quality win? We're supposed to beat Lipscomb, DePaul, Auburn ... And we've looked pretty ****ty for long stretches in all of our wins.

I think the 5 sophs and Dom are having a really tough time kind of figuring out their roll. Remember, this team really has only one senior. Yeah, this hasn't been Tad's best coaching job. But remember, he built UNC into, basically, a tournament team. The guy can coach and he'll get things straightened out.

I think one clue to our season goes back to preseason when Tad brought George Karl in to teach the running game. It looks like Tad had a vision and set a goal to be a fast paced team and that plan, for whatever reason, blew up, thus kind of leaving us without an identity.

this team has the personal to run the heck out of other teams and score in the 70's every game. Why that hasn't happened is confusing to me and probably to Boyle as well.

EASY... pump the breaks guys.

Yes this team is having a down year which might have even been a bit expected and predictable when looking at the amazing turn around this program has had. Not saying that anyone thought this would be a down year but it's not the end of the world. The talent is there its just taking longer than we all thought to put it together. We are probably not making the NCAA tournament this year, which is ok, it happens to programs that are rebuilding. Its funny to see people bashing Boyle after he has been called the savior and a genius on these boards for the past 4 or so years. Expectations were too high and yes we probably should be better than we are but lets pump the breaks on this.

Rebuilding for what? Booker, XJ and Scott are upperclassmen. Josh Fortune is a solid addition, sure. This shouldn't be a "rebuilding" team that is worse than what we were last year POST Spencer. We had some gutsy decent wins last year after Spencer went down, contrary to popular belief. This year we're losing to Big West and MWC programs left and right and staring at struggling to make the NIT. This goes deeper than just "haven't gelled yet". Team has some other issues on a couple fronts by the look of it.

Rebuilding for what? Booker, XJ and Scott are upperclassmen. Josh Fortune is a solid addition, sure. This shouldn't be a "rebuilding" team that is worse than what we were last year POST Spencer. We had some gutsy decent wins last year after Spencer went down, contrary to popular belief. This year we're losing to Big West and MWC programs left and right and staring at struggling to make the NIT. This goes deeper than just "haven't gelled yet". Team has some other issues on a couple fronts by the look of it.

Rebuilding in terms of where we were five years ago. For the Boyle years we have had a ball dominant player carry us and without them we have struggled.

Last edited:
Rebuilding in terms of where we were five years ago. For the Boyle years we have had a ball dominant player carry us and without them we have struggled.

No argument there. Surely Boyle deserves some questioning for taking both Stalzer and Talton then?

this team has the personal to run the heck out of other teams and score in the 70's every game. Why that hasn't happened is confusing to me and probably to Boyle as well.

We need to be much better in the half court offense to do that. Good defense can take away our transition offense and then struggle

I mean, we have seen what guys like Hopkins and Fletcher can do at their best in the open court and they can be pretty damn good. I honestly feel bad for Dustin Thomas, he got off to a bad start last year and is being played out of position.

I haven't posted in a while, but I frequently ghost the boards and watch every game.

I am very surprised that you all have not brought up the average point differential in a loss...this feels like a comment I would make during football season, but it is tough to lose so many close games. And on the other side of the coin, when we win, it isn't close.

Tad needs to be careful cause it is getting so mental at this point. The players have shown glimpses of playing unfettered, but they are in their heads and losing focus.

We have the talent, let some of the young guys (Dom, JHop, Dustin, and Fletch) play with a little brazen swagger (that is what Spence, Ski, XJ, Burks, and Josh had to have as underclassmen since the older guys were more role players), then add a couple inbounds plays to the arsenal and we will be just fine. Outside of the Wyoming incident, we are 1-2 toughness plays per game away from being ranked and 11-1

You're all fools. #InTadWeTrust

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I haven't posted in a while, but I frequently ghost the boards and watch every game.

I am very surprised that you all have not brought up the average point differential in a loss...this feels like a comment I would make during football season, but it is tough to lose so many close games. And on the other side of the coin, when we win, it isn't close.

Tad needs to be careful cause it is getting so mental at this point. The players have shown glimpses of playing unfettered, but they are in their heads and losing focus.

We have the talent, let some of the young guys (Dom, JHop, Dustin, and Fletch) play with a little brazen swagger (that is what Spence, Ski, XJ, Burks, and Josh had to have as underclassmen since the older guys were more role players), then add a couple inbounds plays to the arsenal and we will be just fine. Outside of the Wyoming incident, we are 1-2 toughness plays per game away from being ranked and 11-1

Tad mentioned the mental problems with the team. I don't know if I buy it. Ski had 2 turnovers in the final minutes. This guy has played a lot of games for CU and been in numerous tournaments and close game situations. If he had mental issues then we are doomed.

One stat I want to see is bench points. Had our bench outscored another bench yet this year?

Edit: just realized bench points is going to be weird for the games where XJ or ski didn't start.

Last edited:
answer the question

Not sure what your point is, besides just wanting to antagonize and be a prick. I haven't really been impressed with any of our wins that I've watched this year. In every one, I saw us beating a team we absolutely should beat, even with our total lack of offense. I'm not going to get on the board and start pointing out our flaws after those games, because sometimes as flawed as you are, you beat the weaker team. And everyone on here would pounce, like you. But those flaws are still there. But we have to start winning the more evenly matched games and with our offensive ineptitude, we're not doing it.

But, man, do we have some "athletic" players ... Maybe one day they'll show that athleticism and get to the rack and dish or score ... Maybe ...

Not sure what your point is, besides just wanting to antagonize and be a prick. I haven't really been impressed with any of our wins that I've watched this year. In every one, I saw us beating a team we absolutely should beat, even with our total lack of offense. I'm not going to get on the board and start pointing out our flaws after those games, because sometimes as flawed as you are, you beat the weaker team. And everyone on here would pounce, like you. But those flaws are still there. But we have to start winning the more evenly matched games and with our offensive ineptitude, we're not doing it.

But, man, do we have some "athletic" players ... Maybe one day they'll show that athleticism and get to the rack and dish or score ... Maybe ...

the point is you only drop by after losses.

Are people actually calling out Tad Boyle and saying he is on the hot seat???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is anyone saying he's on the hot seat? I don't see that anywhere.

Tad has earned enough goodwill to be here for quite some time, even if we were to continue struggling. However, it shouldn't be blasphemy to state that Tad has disappointed this year. Victim of prior success? Sure. But it takes one half of watching a CU game to see our offense is a mess (and that's not new to this season) and now our defense has gone to the dogs.

Can't really disagree.. I'd use the final scholarship on someone that can contribute right away, whether it be a JC kid or senior transfer. They need instant impact, no matter how good Josh Fortune is.

We could use a JUCO or 5th year guard in the worst way. Pure point guard or sharpshooter from deep as a 6th man would be sweet. Guard play is killing us. Even if Fortune is all we dream of and Dom is drastically improved we can still use the help from another vet guard with some poise/clutch play.

the point is you only drop by after losses.

Maybe that's cuz we've been losing a lot. I dont watch every single game and get on the board. And what's there to say about beating Lipscomb, UNC, USF, etc.? And when everyone is all giddy on here after we have a good second half vs Auburn, but I still feel like the deep flaws in our offense don't bode well for the future, I chose not to harsh everyone's buzz. Is that wrong?

And what the **** does it matter anyway?

Maybe that's cuz we've been losing a lot. I dont watch every single game and get on the board. And what's there to say about beating Lipscomb, UNC, USF, etc.? And when everyone is all giddy on here after we have a good second half vs Auburn, but I still feel like the deep flaws in our offense don't bode well for the future, I chose not to harsh everyone's buzz. Is that wrong?

And what the **** does it matter anyway?

You keep acting as though everyone one here acts like we're bound for the Elite Eight after every Buff win. Perhaps if you dropped by after a win for once you'd see that's not remotely the case. You're hardly the only one with concerns over how utterly clueless we are on offense.

Going to have to beat Zona at least once and sweep Utah and Washington to even have a chance at the tourney.

0 resume boosting wins in the OOC portion. We are going to have to do more than just that to have a chance.
Well yeah that's assuming we have 0 **** ups at home and take care of the bottom 4 teams. But I doubt any of that happens.

Tad mentioned the mental problems with the team. I don't know if I buy it. Ski had 2 turnovers in the final minutes. This guy has played a lot of games for CU and been in numerous tournaments and close game situations. If he had mental issues then we are doomed.

Ski has been an all time great Buff. I also think he is a headcase. He's not the only one on this team that is a headcase. This team definitely has (basketball) mental problems, because overall as a group they ooze the physical skills. I honestly find it amazing that people don't think this team has (basketball) mental issues.

Ski has been an all time great Buff. I also think he is a headcase. He's not the only one on this team that is a headcase. This team definitely has (basketball) mental problems, because overall as a group they ooze the physical skills. I honestly find it amazing that people don't think this team has (basketball) mental issues.

You are right. I was thinking they would overcome it with experience and age, but then realized the nba is full of head cases.

Back