What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Hawaii

Hawaii calls us the mainland. Alaska calls us the lower 48. Both are states that are welcome tourist destinations. I like DBTs humor. I am starting to pick up that everything on these boards are sarcastic and insults and that very little fact is presented from many of you.

Just follow my tagline, written back in the 19th century.

Lots of wrong in your post

1. 8am is early, just because you're old and conditioned to waking up early doesn't mean college kids are. 8am is the kick off time, that doesn't include them being there hours before that

2. They went winless in a terrible MWC...enough said

Tini, you know this isn't last year, right? Your arguments for CSU (beat no one with a winning record, didn't win **** in ****ty MWC) were rather similar.

Tini, you know this isn't last year, right? Your arguments for CSU (beat no one with a winning record, didn't win **** in ****ty MWC) were rather similar.
Sure, but they have a 11 or something road game losing streak

Sure, but they have a 11 or something road game losing streak
and we had a 20+ road losing streak when we beat Utah in their house. And as noted, a lot of close losses on the mainland. Even you know the advanced stats have us as very very small favorites in this one.

and we had a 20+ road losing streak when we beat Utah in their house. And as noted, a lot of close losses on the mainland. Even you know the advanced stats have us as very very small favorites in this one.
So what the hell is your point? Was I saying we are going to kill them here? Nope.

That this is a goddamn dangerous game and there is a a very good chance we lose.
If there was a very good chance we'd lose we wouldn't be favored and predicted to win by ~10 punts in every simulation I've seen. But tow sitting here bringing in stuff that I wasn't even serving in this thread.

If there was a very good chance we'd lose we wouldn't be favored and predicted to win by ~10 punts in every simulation I've seen. But tow sitting here bringing in stuff that I wasn't even serving in this thread.
Didn't know that our punting had gotten that good.

This is meaningless IMO. These are young physically elite athletes. I'm a 42-year-old out of shape dude who goes from Seattle to Boston (3 hour time change) all the time for work. I get into Boston at 8pm, go into the office the next morning at 7am (that's 4am back home) and I don't feel any different. The whole "travel is gonna be a factor" thing for the most part is a sham IMO. I've never heard a coach use it as an excuse.

And as far as Hawaii being a totally different team on the mainland, last year they had a 2-point loss, a 3-pt loss and an OT 7-pt loss. Two of those were to bowl teams (UNLV and SDSU).

We'll have our hands full. Any win will be a good win.

h8431F76D

I was pretty confident about this game until I saw how confident Tini was. Now I'm worried.

I wasn't trying to be a buzzkill. I just saw some posts that suggested that a "close" or "ugly" win would be bad for us. I think that's horse****. Doesn't matter what kind of win we get, down to the last second, vs FCS opponent, fluke, whatever. So if we win by one point this week on a hail mary, it's a step forward. Not a leap maybe, but still moving forward. One different outcome on single play in 3 games last year, and they'd have 3 wins. When's the last time we could say that?

Back