What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Hawkins is a MORON!!!

at least it happened. wonder what would have beeen if not for that fight 2 weeks ago?

It was a ten point game with plenty of time to go, when he made the decision. He was trying to give his team the best chance to win. Cody wasn't getting it done.

Forget the first games, this is conference play. Should he have done it sooner? Probably. However, I don't fault him when he did it, provided TH plays the rest of the year (read as, "takes the majority of the snaps").

Hey, guys, csu needs some fans. Go there. Please. Just ****ing leave. OK?

i must say that was quite the moral victory tonight ey? actually im kind of liking the rams these days

Why did it have to be made during the 5th game of the season?

Why bring up all the talk of redshirting Hansen only to trot him out in THIS particular game?

It really just seems like these coaches are flying by the seat of their pants and just hoping and praying from one day to the next.

I don't always agree with you but you are 100% correct on this.

ok.. cody sits hansen in thats a start now!! i know im gonna get hate mail now but why is west n east stewart in most of the plays?why not let north n south ds in for as many reps as he gives stewart !! ds does good on returns cause hes north n south omg let the kid play.. i never been a fan of stewart hell he trips on his on feet 9 out of every 10 time theres a open field ...with that said :finger:hawk leave cu and never come back you fool..and your staff!!!

ok.. cody sits hansen in thats a start now!! i know im gonna get hate mail now but why is west n east stewart in most of the plays?why not let north n south ds in for as many reps as he gives stewart !! ds does good on returns cause hes north n south omg let the kid play.. i never been a fan of stewart hell he trips on his on feet 9 out of every 10 time theres a open field ...with that said :finger:hawk leave cu and never come back you fool..and your staff!!!
Are we really criticizing Stewart? He's one of the only bright spots on our offense.

A really bad time for a change. While Cody sucked, bringing Hansen in in that situation sucked.

ok.. cody sits hansen in thats a start now!! :finger:hawk leave cu and never come back you fool..and your staff!!!
:thumbsup: I want this POS muthafuka coach out on his ass ASAP.

20 dam penalties? No discipline. Denver Johnson might be a moron too.

Hopefully TH's 'distant cousin' comes by the board tonight and fills us in

Are we really criticizing Stewart? He's one of the only bright spots on our offense.

Not me - RS and DS should get almost all of the RB reps, put Lockridge in at PR as well as KO. Sumler blocks well, so he has a place in a 2 back set. Espy actually moved the ball forward once after catching a punt, so I guess that's improvement...

A really bad time for a change. While Cody sucked, bringing Hansen in in that situation sucked.

Yes, at the time of the game and score,bad move. Should have waited til next game after a full practice with the first team and game at home. Kansas can score but their defense is awful.

Not me - RS and DS should get almost all of the RB reps, put Lockridge in at PR as well as KO. Sumler blocks well, so he has a place in a 2 back set. Espy actually moved the ball forward once after catching a punt, so I guess that's improvement...
I like Sumler, but anytime he comes in, you know it's going to be a pass 90% of the time. Why can't all of our backs block? I know Speedy is a little undersized, but that's going to be the case with any RB against a DT or DE.

:thumbsup: I want this POS muthafuka coach out on his ass ASAP.

20 dam penalties? No discipline. Denver Johnson might be a moron too.

To be fair to the OL, most of those came after Hansen came in. Hansen almost certainly has a different cadence and rhythm to calling for the snap than Hawkins---I sincerely doubt the O-line spent much time worrying about how Hansen signaled for the snap on the off chance that he might be put in.

Another reason putting Hansen in like this didn't make very much sense.

I like Sumler, but anytime he comes in, you know it's going to be a pass 90% of the time. Why can't all of our backs block? I know Speedy is a little undersized, but that's going to be the case with any RB against a DT or DE.

Yes, UT was confused on the 2nd TD pass, but why? They sold out for the run, but Sumler was in!

:smile:

Okay Frank. Whatever you say. :lol:

I'll say it too... if you think the gameplan is what had us in the game then you don't know as much about football as I thought. Texas was sleep walking in that first half. We got some good bounces and took advantage. Cody got lucky on a few passes too. The gameplan wasnt bad, but it wasnt the reason we were in it.

Please. I know you don't like Hawkins, but give him a little credit here. His gameplan had the no. 2 team in the nation on the ropes tonight. Nothing to be ashamed of there.

Yeah, I was pretty proud of the buffs going into the lockerroom having held the lead the entire first half. They did good. It wasn't enough, and other threads will rehash the mistakes, but hey, THEY WERE AHEAD THE WHOLE FIRST HALF. That means there is life in this team yet.

Back