What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Hawkins is a MORON!!!

Timing? Terrible. Decision? Correct.

If Hawkins values his players at least somewhat respecting him, however, he MUST go with TH the rest of the way.

first the collective board bitches because he won't put in Hansen, Now the collective board bitches because he puts in Hansen.

This place has become a parody of itself. Think I going to go back to sticking with tailgate conversations. At least the drunks make sense.

first the collective board bitches because he won't put in Hansen, Now the collective board bitches because he puts in Hansen.

This place has become a parody of itself. Think I going to go back to sticking with tailgate conversations. At least the drunks make sense.

:lol: if the Buffs somehow improbably storm through the remainder of the schedule, the staff will look like geniuses to most. and, if disaster continues to occur, well, every move is going to be criticized.

losing sucks. and we've done far more of our share lately. it makes people testy. except me, of course... i am the picture of zen-calm. :rolleyes:

I think some people overestimate the value of the redshirt. I was happy to see TH in the game last night.

I understand why they did it. I am just saying - to me - the better strategy would have been to START THE GAME with Hansen. That way he has the full offense available to him, the running game, the score would be tied, he wouldn't be coming in at a time when CU was down, etc.

I was trying not to focus on this, but as far as timing goes:

They didn't pull Cody until he broke Klatt's record for most touchdown passes. Once that was out of the way, Hansen was free to go in.

His two touchdown passes earlier in the game had made him the career leader in that category. Joel Klatt previously held the record with 44, Cody made his 45th against Texas. So until there's another 3 or 4 year starter at qb, Cody will likely hold that record a long time.

They didn't pull Cody until he broke Klatt's record for most touchdown passes. Once that was out of the way, Hansen was free to go in.

His two touchdown passes earlier in the game had made him the career leader in that category. Joel Klatt previously held the record with 44, Cody made his 45th against Texas. So until there's another 3 or 4 year starter at qb, Cody will likely hold that record a long time.

Wow, interesting stuff. Either that is really coincidental or that is some bull**** on the part of the coaching staff.

Well, to be "fair" he also set the CU record for most career interceptions in the same game. Let's hope that record is never broken.

Can't make this stuff up.

Quarterback Cody Hawkins' two touchdown passes give him 45 for his career, a school record. His 34 career interceptions also are the most in CU history.

I'm coming into this thread without reading all the previous posts so forgive me if this has already been pointed out, but have we given any thought to the possibility that Clark Evans might be looking really solid and potentially take the starting job in the next year or two? If that is the case, Hansen would want to play now and get some solid playing experience under his belt rather then competing with Evan next year with a very small resume.

The good news about all of this is, Hawkins is finally succumbing to the pressure and looking at other QB options. A new QB is the ONLY way we are going to compete this year and in the future...so why wait...lets get it on.

I'm coming into this thread without reading all the previous posts so forgive me if this has already been pointed out, but have we given any thought to the possibility that Clark Evans might be looking really solid and potentially take the starting job in the next year or two? If that is the case, Hansen would want to play now and get some solid playing experience under his belt rather then competing with Evan next year with a very small resume.

The good news about all of this is, Hawkins is finally succumbing to the pressure and looking at other QB options. A new QB is the ONLY way we are going to compete this year and in the future...so why wait...lets get it on.

Certainly, Hansen will never have as little competition for the position as he does this year. Clark, Seth, even Nick Hirschfield or Danny Spond, will all be itching to make an impact in 2010. Makes sense for Hansen to go for it now, since he can't afford a redshirt year and being in same class as Evans.

Not sure where you are getting this.
I'm not seeing everyone agree on anything.
Personally, I don't get the timing -- I mean, why not Wyoming? Why 3/4th the way through Texas?

But it is what it is. I hope for Hansen's sake they practice him well this week and he starts against KU.

While I completely agree that this is a move that should have been made a few weeks ago, I really don't get all of the frustration with when it was made.

While the offense was struggling the first half, they had not done anything to hurt the team, Cody had thrown a couple of scores and the defense was playing great. It was working.

Second half, Cody's play really hurt. There's no way around that. From everything I've read and heard, I like Cody a lot but there was no way they could keep him in the game. Hansen was brought in when the game was still within reach.

The other option was to just pack up our bags and admit the game was lost as soon as UT got the lead. Sorry, but I appreciate the coaching staff for not doing that. Hansen wants to be a Big12 QB and has no issues getting thrown into against UT, so I'm not sure why all of you have such a problem with it.

It's a change that should have been made a while ago but I'm ok with how it went down. It's actually encouraging to me that they were willing to finally pull the trigger rather than just give up in that game.

For the record, if Hansen isn't the starting QB the rest of the year (barring injury), I will be right next to valdez going apoplectic.

I think some people overestimate the value of the redshirt. I was happy to see TH in the game last night.

:yeahthat:

I don't think ANY redshirt is worth losing ONE game over. It would be nice to have a coach that made changes to try to win the game we're in, instead of waiting for that pop.

Just back to the board after four days in heaven (Grand County.) A couple of points.

Hawk's quote after the game "Cody wants to be a coach, now he is going to get his chance." This was in response to the question of Hansen being the starter from here on out.

The move should have been made a few weeks ago but now that it is made I think that unless Hansen gets hurt (real hurt, not DS hurt) he will get the benefit of the doubt and be the starter unless he really screws up.

Cody goes from being close to the worst starting QB in the Big XII to being an average or above back-up.

Cody is not in a position to transfer to another D1 school. Next year is year five and barring injuries (or the name Marcus Houston) they don't give you six. If he wants to transfer his only option is to go D2 if he wants to be eligible to play.

Cody has had 2.5 years as starter. Many QBs don't get that much depending on the depth chart when they arrive. I see him staying and contributing to the team in whatever way is beneficial.

Based on our QB depth, that next 3-4 year starter could be closer than you think.

That thought crossed my mind... we will never know if this is true or not but it looks suspicious.

Based on our QB depth, that next 3-4 year starter could be closer than you think.

If Hansen comes in and does well, he will get 2.5 more years, right? because he only has this year and two more to play. But that means he has to stay healthy and beat out every young buck QB that comes on board and challenges him. Competition makes for a better team, but we don't always keep the same starter. If he holds on to the job, I have no doubt it will be because he's the best man for it.

If another QB takes over the spot next year, then that person will fight to be the starter for as many as four years. But in the natural progression, you often see one guy start his junior/senior year, then the younger backup takes over for two, and so on. It's unusual to start a freshman, and even fairly unusual to start a soph. I should probably go look up the history, that's just how it seems to me.

Back