What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Hawkins May Not Get Fired

Continuing to pump money into the department falsely tells the athletic director that there will be no repurcusions for a poor product on the field.

Ie what motivation does Bohn have to make a change if CU continues to sell the same number of tickets, receives the same level of donations, etc.??

Continuing to pump money into the department falsely tells the athletic director that there will be no repurcusions for a poor product on the field.

Ie what motivation does Bohn have to make a change if CU continues to sell the same number of tickets, receives the same level of donations, etc.??

For one, he'll stop getting about 10,000 annoying e-mails, letters, voice-mails, and western union telegrams (from DBT).

I decided to look at Wannstedt's record at Pitt. I remember that, in the first two or three years, people were calling for his head. In '05 he went 5-6, '06 he went 6-6, and in '07 he went 5-7. He finally turned it around in his fourth year going 9-4 and this year he is 9-1. Are there any parallels between him and Hawkins? Can Dan suddenly turn it around next year? After all, we do have 75 guys that are either freshmen or sophomores. This is the one thing that would at least give me hope if he does stay. Or, if he is replaced, for that matter.

I decided to look at Wannstedt's record at Pitt. I remember that, in the first two or three years, people were calling for his head. In '05 he went 5-6, '06 he went 6-6, and in '07 he went 5-7. He finally turned it around in his fourth year going 9-4 and this year he is 9-1. Are there any parallels between him and Hawkins? Can Dan suddenly turn it around next year? After all, we do have 75 guys that are either freshmen or sophomores. This is the one thing that would at least give me hope if he does stay. Or, if he is replaced, for that matter.

Sure, there are parallels. Wanstedt, who is widely considered to be the one of the worst coaches anywhere, was able to win in his fourth year at Pitt. Hawkins, on the other hand, is sporting a record remarkably similar to the one he produced in his first year.

Sure, there are parallels. Wanstedt, who is widely considered to be the one of the worst coaches anywhere, was able to win in his fourth year at Pitt. Hawkins, on the other hand, is sporting a record remarkably similar to the one he produced in his first year.

The record, imho, is aside from the fact that the team actually looks as bad, if not worse than, they did in year one.

He can stay for one more year but he has to agree to work for $25,000, wear a dunce cap on the sidelines, and never let Cody on the field. And he has to stay completely off of the radio, the internet, and any televised appearances in which he opens his mouth and speaks.

Those are my extremely generous terms.

For one, he'll stop getting about 10,000 annoying e-mails, letters, voice-mails, and western union telegrams (from DBT).

taking a break from your powder blue out?

Phenominal by the way.... :thumbsup:

Hawk thinks he's staying:

Coach Hawkins says he doesn’t feel like his job is in jeopardy. “Not at all,” he said on the Big 12 Conference coaches teleconference.

Hawk thinks he's staying:

Coach Hawkins says he doesn’t feel like his job is in jeopardy. “Not at all,” he said on the Big 12 Conference coaches teleconference.
What else is he gonna say? "I think I'm screwed...":cool:

Back