What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Helfrich out at Oregon

Surprised Oregon had the stones to go through with it. But now that the North is stacked with coaches (Anderson, Leach, Petersen and Shaw), the Ducks couldn't afford a potentially lame duck coach.

Hopefully they go after Fleck, guy fits in perfectly with the PAC-12.

Unrelated: finally remembered my password for this account. Wahoo!

Kinda expected. I know when they hired him for O coordinator I told my good friend and Oregon grad Matt(may he R.I.P.), that it was a bad move. Then he moved into the head coaching position. The writing was on the wall. Did he ever produce anywhere? I'm not sure how he backed into that job.

The niners are actually looking better, but they are in for a long stretch of suckitude or maybe mediocrity. I could see Chip Kelly bouncing back into the college game, but I think it would be a bad move for him to try to re-create the magic in Eugene. Les Miles?

In Helfrich's defense, he did produce. He was one of the first guys to show Marcus Mariota to Chip, and did play a role in developing him into the star he became. As for Chip, I feel like he's got too much pride to go back to college before being viewed as a success in the league.

Kinda expected. I know when they hired him for O coordinator I told my good friend and Oregon grad Matt(may he R.I.P.), that it was a bad move. Then he moved into the head coaching position. The writing was on the wall. Did he ever produce anywhere? I'm not sure how he backed into that job.

The niners are actually looking better, but they are in for a long stretch of suckitude or maybe mediocrity. I could see Chip Kelly bouncing back into the college game, but I think it would be a bad move for him to try to re-create the magic in Eugene. Les Miles?

LOL @ Sparkles leaving Florida for Eugene.

Yeah, Uncle Phil has lots of cash, but Sparkles is an SEC guy, who's doing fine at Florida, and is probably due a pay bump soon.

He ain't going anywhere.

Not a big surprise as most have said but I do like Helfrich. He was a decent guy at CU (bad timing on his leaving aside) and I do not blame him for bailing on Hawkins. Was not allowed to run his offense with an over involved HC. Classy statement from him post firing as well. He will be employed quickly.

LOL @ Sparkles leaving Florida for Eugene.

Yeah, Uncle Phil has lots of cash, but Sparkles is an SEC guy, who's doing fine at Florida, and is probably due a pay bump soon.

He ain't going anywhere.

Gator fans have already startred to turn on him. That might not be a very long marriage. Not saying he is leaving for Oregon though.

I have to laugh that all of the names are offensive guys. And a lot of talking heads are saying it needs to be someone with "flashy" offense. Oregon would be smart to go with a defensive-minded head coach.

Holy ****. Am I the only one that thinks that press release is the most petty, unwarranted bashing in recent memory? They really threw him under the bus.

Oregon hired a newspaper journalist for in-house media, as most college programs are doing. Dude made the huge mistake of writing a press release as if it was a newspaper column on the termination. Looks bad for Oregon. Unfair to Helfrich. Good reminder of the pitfalls of what college programs are trying to do when they try to control coverage of their program. Journalists aren't trained to write marketing puff pieces.

9-4 -> 4-8 looks pretty bad as a trajectory, but I don't think Oregon was really 4-8 bad this year. They had a few poor breaks and easily could have been a 6-8 win team. I'm a little surprised they didn't give Helfrich one more season, unless there are other indicators he has no way to turn it around. The Nebraska game was ugly though and the decision to go for 2 on the first touchdown just snowballed out of control for them like Helfrich needed another meth hit.

The Hoak hire was a head scratcher and did him in...great HC make great hires (MMac)...bad ones get u fired.

I still think it's pretty crazy that the dude won 11, 13 & 9 games his first 3 years, made the national championship game after winning the Pac-12 just 2 years ago... gets fired and paid over $11 million to walk away after having 1 bad season.

Phil Knight wasn't kidding when he said he was now impatient.

I still think it's pretty crazy that the dude won 11, 13 & 9 games his first 3 years, made the national championship game after winning the Pac-12 just 2 years ago... gets fired and paid over $11 million to walk away after having 1 bad season.

Phil Knight wasn't kidding when he said he was now impatient.
I saw an article that mentions that he is 78 and wants to see a natty. I guess he feels that clock is ticking quickly.

Oregon recruiting has been trending down the past couple of years. Rivals has had them in the top 20 once since Helfrich took over. Their in the low 40's right now. Given how much they've spent on facilities for that program that isn't good enough.

Back