What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Holy **** KSU grew some balls!

Meh I mean PSU went 7-6 last year but I guess since it's in Happy Valley it makes it a little harder but their other games include Kent State, North Texas, and Georgia Southern. Arkansas' schedule is even more laughable though.

Why? We play A&M, and Troy who is typically the best team in the SunBelt. I'm sorry but when you have to play ranked teams in conference week in and week out (even though the conference schedule actually lines up pretty nicely for us this year with our SEC East draw), then two or three easy games a year are justifiable. CU has a solid OOC this year, with Ohio State and Hawai'i, I'll give props for that. But the conference schedule is still not at the level of what the SEC plays on a weekly basis.

I'm not saying it is but just because you play a tough conference schedule shouldn't give you an excuse to schedule a bunch of non-BCS teams from the SunBelt.

I'm not saying it is but just because you play a tough conference schedule shouldn't give you an excuse to schedule a bunch of non-BCS teams from the SunBelt.

Yawn... when you play a conference schedule consisting of as many as six or more ranked teams per year then come talk to me.

Why? We play A&M, and Troy who is typically the best team in the SunBelt. I'm sorry but when you have to play ranked teams in conference week in and week out (even though the conference schedule actually lines up pretty nicely for us this year with our SEC East draw), then two or three easy games a year are justifiable. CU has a solid OOC this year, with Ohio State and Hawai'i, I'll give props for that. But the conference schedule is still not at the level of what the SEC plays on a weekly basis.

Our OOC this year includes Cal along with Ohio St and Hawai'i, and we always have that stupid, potential trap game with CSU. Always tough, but one of the strongest in the nation this year, likely. Laughing at other, weaker schedules is a natural reaction. Let him have his fun..

SEC is in a nice run the last decade but the almightiness of the SEC is not an element of nature or some eternal law of the NCAA football world.

and to say that an SEC schedule means you don't have to play anybody OOC is the standard backpeddle and bunk....tell me which national championship game undefeated Auburn played in, in 2004? and why didn't the BCS love them?

conventional SEC fan logic here is "they started too low down in the polls". if you play good teams and beat them, you move up in the polls. if you play regional mid-majors at home and post W's that aren't on TV nationally.....not big vote getters...and your climb in the polls is slow.

it matters who you play OOC.

Last edited:
Our OOC this year includes Cal along with Ohio St and Hawai'i, and we always have that stupid, potential trap game with CSU. Always tough, but one of the strongest in the nation this year, likely. Laughing at other, weaker schedules is a natural reaction. Let him have his fun..

That is true. Definitely not bashing CU's OOC this season. It's definitely a strong schedule, and I think overall the PAC schedule will be tougher than what CU had been facing in what had been a "down" Big 12 North for the past few years. Not bashing CU at all, just saying that he shouldn't bash a team (Arkansas) that is typically top 5-10 in SOS every year.

SEC is in a nice run the last decade but the almightiness of the SEC is not an element of nature or some eternal law of the NCAA football world.

and to say that an SEC schedule means you don't have to play anybody OOC is the standard backpeddle and bunk....tell me which national championship game undefeated Auburn played in, in 2004? and why didn't the BCS love them?

conventional SEC fan logic here is "they started too low down in the polls". if you play good teams and beat them, you move up in the polls. if you play regional mid-majors at home and post W's that aren't on TV nationally.....not big vote getters...and your climb in the polls is slow.

it matters who you play OOC.

2004 was unique in that there were 3 undefeated BCS teams and the 2 who played in the title game started the season 1-2 in the polls. USC was the clear number 1 all season long and OU had a great season until USC thumped them. An undefeated BCS team was going to be left out that year and the fact that it was Auburn didn't have much if anything to do with their OOC schedule. It's doubtful that any team could've taken the place of either USC or OU in the title game that year.

To be fair, its about half the SEC that likes to schedule patsies, and half that sets up decent games, similar to the Big 12 (although lately it has only been KSU, KU, and TT that have been blatant about the cupcakes and even KSU stepped it up under Prince). LSU and Georgia are scheduling tough games, as well as Alabama to an extent. I always get annoyed with Florida's "we play FSU or Miami" excuse though...they haven't played a damn OOC game in close to 20 years...that is pathetic, I don't care if the play in the SEC or have one decent in-state game.

That is true. Definitely not bashing CU's OOC this season. It's definitely a strong schedule, and I think overall the PAC schedule will be tougher than what CU had been facing in what had been a "down" Big 12 North for the past few years. Not bashing CU at all, just saying that he shouldn't bash a team (Arkansas) that is typically top 5-10 in SOS every year.

"In order to be the best, you need to beat the best".

"In order to be the best, you need to beat the best".

Ric_Flair_For_Prez_____by_AngryDogDesigns.png

It's doubtful that any team could've taken the place of either USC or OU in the title game that year.

a team with the vaunted SEC SOS could have easily if they played and beat a top 15-25 team OOC instead of the regional mid-majors at home.

really?

the argument is that SEC teams don't have to play OOC...because the schedule is so tough. you have a built in advantage with that murders row of Kentucky, Vandy, Ole Miss and MSU (both of the Miss schools have one decent year a decade that you can refer to....if you are SEC fan)....but the rest is SOS uranium. i went to Vandy, i've seen the black hole that is SEC country.

and then you say "you can't do anything about" overtaking OU and USC in the polls. you can, you play good teams and jack the computer. OU and USC play good teams OOC. they are two of the teams who ALWAYS play tough OOC. they travel, they play people. two of the top teams IMO about playing tough OOC. i don't think the "fluke" angle is a legit refutation.

so, i don't accept the "unusual" it was in the stars angle that AU got left out.

Last edited:
USC and OU started 1-2 in the polls. Both are BCS teams and both went undefeated. That's pretty tough if not nearly impossible to overtake.

USC and OU started 1-2 in the polls. Both are BCS teams and both went undefeated. That's pretty tough if not nearly impossible to overtake.

this is BS.

so when you play a crap OOC, all the exception is the exception.

if the SEC was all that, they should have been able to jump OU or USC. OU got abused. how did OU have a higher BCS SOS than Auburn (in the eternal awesome SEC)?

you are confusing the "polls" with the BCS.

if Auburn had a stronger SOS, they play. you know how you get a stronger SOS?

you play someone OOC.

Last edited:
this is BS.

so when you play a crap OOC, all the exception is the exception.

if the SEC was all that, they should have been able to jump OU or USC. OU got abused. how did OU have a higher BCS SOS than Auburn (in the eternal awesome SEC)?

you are confusing the "polls" with the BCS.

if Auburn had a stronger SOS, they play. you know how you get a stronger SOS?

you play someone OOC.

Um, the polls are a big piece of the BCS rankings.

New coach, Miami's still not that great. KSU actually has a shot in this one. If they still had Daniel Thomas they would destroy the Canes.

Back