What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

How I think this all plays out

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
Buffs find a way to 2 or 3 wins.

They sell it as improvement over the course of the season while playing a very young roster.

Dorrell, Wilson and Sanford all return for 2023.

They sell it as stability.

Phil retires at the end of the academic year. Everyone says all the polite things as they send him off.

Saliman installs a new Chancellor who will lead the Boulder campus. Politically tied to each other, they have to support each other.

New Chancellor tells RG to make a splash hire of a new HC unless the unexpected happens and they have a winning 2023 season.

Plus, I don't think Phil will allow a missed budget and another HC change failure his final year. KD will be here in 2023 unless he goes 0-12.

Plus, I don't think Phil will allow a missed budget and another HC change failure his final year. KD will be here in 2023 unless he goes 0-12.
Any chance Saliman steps in here?

I've heard Adam talk in podcasts and on 247 before the season that it would have to be 2012 ugly for CU to make a change. We're there right now. Dorrell staying would have to involve some sort of improvement that I don't see coming.

Last edited:
office-space-ajau-naidu.gif

use Howell and Adam and the rest of the media, tell them to hound him with just the most pointed questions as the losses mount

build the tension

drive him insane

Hire Leonardo DiCaprio and Joseph Gordon-Levitt to inception him

convince him he's solely to blame, the only way out is a resignation

He Gary Andersons after the Utah game, no buyout at all

THAT'S THE PLAN

They sell it as improvement over the course of the season while playing a very young roster.

Phil retires at the end of the academic year. Everyone says all the polite things as they send him off.

Saliman installs a new Chancellor who will lead the Boulder campus. Politically tied to each other, they have to support each other.

New Chancellor tells RG to make a splash hire of a new HC unless the unexpected happens and they have a winning 2023 season.
I agree with all of this except one piece - I don’t think RG hires our next HC. The program needs a complete reset and the only way I see donors coming back into the fold is to generate some real excitement around major changes within the program. I believe CU will announce a move back to the Big12 in the next 12 months after which RG will announce his intention to retire (again CU will try to find an easy off-ramp for RG and the school to part ways). RG gets a signature “achievement” on his way out that he can sell as setting the program up for long term success. Saliman and the new chancellor get to remake the AD and sell hope and a new direction for the program.

I fear you are right.

However, I just don't see 2 wins on the schedule. Arizona, maybe. UofA will be favored in that game though.

What 2-3 wins are on CU schedule? CU will be lucky to get 1, and I still think KD is here for 2023. CU gonna CU, instead of firing him at the end of the season they will wait. KD gonna be 4 games into 2023 at 0-4 when CU pulls the trigger.

Against both TCU and the AFA the real story was on the sidelines.

We saw a team that very much looked like it didn't believe it could win and was past caring.

Some individual players were still focused on and trying to win but the bulk of the team was already gone.

I don't see two wins on the schedule this year, and it's only if I squint that I see one next year.

That being said, it's really hard to go 0-12. I mean even the qb sneak on first down guy managed 2 wins.

Of course, my hs team won one game in my 4 years of hs; went 3 straight years without a win. So I know it's possible.

What I really think happens though is that the team wins one they have no business at all winning. Like USC, UU or UO.

And that's enough to keep the band together to 2023.

Worst case scenario, that win gets some extensions signed.

We will have a much better idea by Saturday night.

If the offense continues to struggle, will the D submit early?
If that happens in the 2Q this game, we could see 63-3 like blowout and I don't know how RG doesn't fire him at the airport.

There is no "youth excuse". The front 7 that has been our liability has 5-6 year veterans. Our corners are young and they've played well.

If anything, we have a "aged excuse". Our old dudes are just tired of having their asses whipped each week due to poor game plans and systems.

I’m hoping that the final stretch of the season is so brutal that there is no chance at continuation and we get a firing the week before Utah
This.

I'm hoping they eke out a win vs. Arizona/ASU/Cal just to avoid the black eye of going 0-12, and then go 0-4 in November with a cumulative score of like 30-210 to force him to either resign or take a restructured buyout.

Because let's be honest, that November part is happening either way.

With what NIL money?
NIL money is only one part of the equation for transfers. For the guys who would be transferring to Colorado, it’s not as big of an issue as it would be for the guys transferring from Colorado. We would be targeting guys who are starters at G5 programs looking to get more exposure.
This isn’t a long term rebuild anymore. It can be turned around in 2 years if the right guy is in charge with adequate resources and admin support.

This is actually a best-case scenario. It will be difficult for CU to attract a coach with options while the current leadership is in place. There's no doubt that Midnight Mel will tell any candidate who reaches out that CU didn't keep the promises made when he was hired (he will say this whether it's accurate or not, since it makes his midnight departure seem more palatable). With a new chancellor and maybe even a new AD, the administration can at least sell the idea that it's a new day for CU athletics. We definitely do not want Phil to be the chancellor when a new coach is hired, especially when his retirement is imminent.

I don't think folks are understanding the brevity of what is going on, and how the football program cannot wait until 2023 or 2024 to make drastic changes.

• The PAC is dead - tv revenue for CU as the doormat of all D1 and the bottom of the PAC will be zero games on TV by next year (so take away those millions
  • Talent - there is barely any D1 talent on the roster now. The few that are here graduate or will transfer (no way McCown stays after this watching this year up close
  • Dorrell will not win another game at CU, he has no formal offense, he is 100% clueless and deranged, his OC is trash, his DC is a marginal DL coach and the talent is G5 mid range level at best
  • The school, fans, students, donors and alum will begin to apply so much pressure - do folks understand that this team is closer to being beaten 70-0 every week then they are to be in a close game? Next years team (unless 15 elite transfers come in, will be even worse, which is saying something - there are a handful of DII schools that drub this squad. The admin and AD will be forced to do something, CU is literally the joke of the NCAA Football landscape and it is about to get much worse.

Dorrell under performing will cost the school any chance of going to the BIG10 or even back to the BIG12 with their pending solid TV contract, Instead, the bottom dweller of all college football, in the basement of a dead conference, with a lame duck coach, mediocre assistants, low level players and donors who will no longer give a nickel is going to be a disaster that this school has never seen and very few schools have seen. This is literally where this program is at, I think the fanatic in many of us have led to us being in denial. But that is where this program is and is heading rapidly unless changes are made within the next 2-3 weeks.

Dorrell can only blame the players so long. The only immediate way out of this (and I would love to ...... see this) is if reporters start pushing back on the nonsense Dorrell is spewing and challeng him in a news conference. He will get upset and throw a chair or punch someone because truthfully, he does not have the make up to handle criticism. He believes he is holding onto the secret that he is clueless, hiding from everyone. His narcissistic anger will erupt and RG will have cause to replace him with no $ due. I am 🙌 for this to happen. Can we throw Woody into one of the Buffs news conferences and light Dorrell up please?

Back