What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

How long before I start hating the rest of the Pac?

This rilvary really comes down to weed. Heap the hate on the Utes.

5 stars & a bag of cheetos
Ducks, Beavers & Bears - Home grown quality herb. Legal to have. Ready to share.

4 stars and double stuff Oreo cookies
Huskies, Bruins, Cougars & Buffs - Cool with possession. Willing to share, but no one joneses for the SoCal, Washington or Colorado grown fatty if better stuff is at hand.

3 stars with Frootloops & milk
SunDevils & Wildcats. Skunky Mexican weed, an uncomfortable relationship with suppliers. Dry desert air is harsh enough on the lungs before inhaling ****faced drunk is the better option. Bottoms up.

2 stars and some Pop Tarts
USC, Stanford - Can get you the good stuff, but it will cost you. Willing to spark up...so long as no one is looking. There are appearances to uphold. High marks for coke, though. U$C's neighborhood is no stranger to crack.

* leftover pizza crust
Utes. They might not be BYU, but UU is BYO. Mormon culture shapes johnny law. It's hard enough to get liquor.
The smell of sweatleaf causes most to sneer, and the rest to ask for a handout.

(Couldn't even have this discussion in the old neighborhood)

lets see here.....

dad went to USC. hate them.
uncle has season tickets to oregon. hate them.
best friend is a U-dub grad. hate them.
cousin married a former 'zona linebacker. hate them.
skippy and the rival of my dad's alma mater is ucla. hate them.
rival of my uncle's team is the beavers. hate them.
rival of my best friends team is wash state. hate them.
rival of my cousin's husbands team is zona state. hate them.
ummmmm......
cal berkley. berkely. stupid ****ing name. hate them.
stanford. since when is dropping the pass in the endzone a catch and a TD? ****ing hate them.

The hatred should be piled on the zeroes. The University of 0reg0n. 0 nat'l championships.

But... but... but the zeroes go on and on about mid-season National Championships, Top 10 Poll finishes and GameDay appearances!!!! The zeroes are elite you know :lol:

The golden shower. It would be unique in all of college sports (at least in its official capacity).

Well, no.. See, I was going with the whole thing of both states having good skiing, and being gold mining states, so the ski boot would be gold...

Yeah. You're right. Golden shower. Perfect.

But... but... but the zeroes go on and on about mid-season National Championships, Top 10 Poll finishes and GameDay appearances!!!! The zeroes are elite you know :lol:

Ugh. Look at this ****:

http://blog.oregonlive.com/pac10/2010/06/pac-10_insider_addition_of_uta.html

Whiney, self-serving and elitist. Since when do they have any room to talk smack about anybody being sub-par? Last time I checked, one rose bowl victory in 1913 doesn't get you too far up the totem pole.

I would go with right now for hating them. The California Schools are already bitching about being split in the north south format and the North Schools are fighting them as well. I guess nobody likes the zipper idea either. Couldn't we go with the North South split with USC, UCLA CU AND UU like we want and then to placate the other division, split up our group for out of division scheduling so that the North division plays USC, CU, AND UTAH for a home v home set and the other rotation of UCLA, ASU, UA for the other or any other combo just split the two LA schools for the out of division match ups. Like we have in our old conf with TT, OKLAHOMA, BAYLOR vs UT, ATM and Okla State -- That way they are playing in LA every year??? I don't know seems like it could work....

The hatred should be piled on the zeroes. The University of 0reg0n. 0 nat'l championships.

Best quote during last year's opening loss to Boise..."It appears the O on the helmut stands for the number of yards the offense will get tonight..." Pretty classic quote I will never forget regarding the Douchs (Ducks with a nice douche reference...hate the ****ers after what happened in the Fiest Bowl).

This rilvary really comes down to weed. Heap the hate on the Utes.

5 stars & a bag of cheetos
Ducks, Beavers & Bears - Home grown quality herb. Legal to have. Ready to share.

4 stars and double stuff Oreo cookies
Huskies, Bruins, Cougars & Buffs - Cool with possession. Willing to share, but no one joneses for the SoCal, Washington or Colorado grown fatty if better stuff is at hand.

3 stars with Frootloops & milk
SunDevils & Wildcats. Skunky Mexican weed, an uncomfortable relationship with suppliers. Dry desert air is harsh enough on the lungs before inhaling ****faced drunk is the better option. Bottoms up.

2 stars and some Pop Tarts
USC, Stanford - Can get you the good stuff, but it will cost you. Willing to spark up...so long as no one is looking. There are appearances to uphold. High marks for coke, though. U$C's neighborhood is no stranger to crack.

* leftover pizza crust
Utes. They might not be BYU, but UU is BYO. Mormon culture shapes johnny law. It's hard enough to get liquor.
The smell of sweatleaf causes most to sneer, and the rest to ask for a handout.

(Couldn't even have this discussion in the old neighborhood)

One of the few good things about the old neighborhood.

Wildcat fan here. Welcome to the conference. Loved Slash Stewart.

Anyway one trip to Dumpe, I mean Tempe, and you will easily hate the Sun Devils.

Anyway one trip to Dumpe, I mean Tempe, and you will easily hate the Sun Devils.

Welcome to Allbuffs.

I haven't been to Tuscon, but I don't mind Tempe (my wife is an ASU grad, but couldn't tell you what their mascot is--she's not into that, and roots for the Buffs). From the perspective of a Wildcat what's the difference between Tempe and Tuscon? The difference in fan culture between ASU and AU? ASU is pretty easy to hate when DE is the coach.

Kanybl. Good name. If you ever make a trip to Boulder for a game (and you really should), make sure to visit the Alferd Packer dining room. I think you'll like it there... :smile2:

Kanybl. Good name. If you ever make a trip to Boulder for a game (and you really should), make sure to visit the Alferd Packer dining room. I think you'll like it there... :smile2:

I'm an idot.

I looked at Kanybl's name a bunch of times after you made a reference to Alferd Packer and couldn't figure out the connection. I even googled "Kanybl Donner". And then I wondered half out-loud, what does "Kanybl" have to do with a "Cannible"? Oh ****. I was putting the emphasis on the first syllable...

Thanks for checking in. High marks for the welcome wagon.

arizona.jpg

I'm looking forward to the road trips to Tucson.

These 12Pac wildcats are an upgrade over the Big12 version.
Yeung_Photography_UA_Fans-3811.jpg

arizona-wildcats-fans-cc.jpg

The mascots are better, too. What are their names?
mascotuofa.jpg

These 12Pac wildcats are an upgrade over the Big12 version.
Yeung_Photography_UA_Fans-3811.jpg

arizona-wildcats-fans-cc.jpg

The mascots are better, too. What are their names?
mascotuofa.jpg

Cats and Cats living together. The 12 Pac is a huge upgrade.

KSU4.jpg

Let's face it, the Arizona mascot aint no picnic, but I've seen worse.

willie.jpg

Welcome to Allbuffs.

I haven't been to Tuscon, but I don't mind Tempe (my wife is an ASU grad, but couldn't tell you what their mascot is--she's not into that, and roots for the Buffs). From the perspective of a Wildcat what's the difference between Tempe and Tuscon? The difference in fan culture between ASU and AU? ASU is pretty easy to hate when DE is the coach.

The Rivalry betwen ASU and the UA seems to extend further than just athletics. There is an overall hatred, not just between Tucson and Tempe but Tucson and the entire Phoenix Metro region. If you love chain restaurants, being just a blip on the map, smog, concrete, 120 degrees when it is only supposed to be 101 (due to all the concrete and asphalt), lack of culture and an LA wannabe then Phoenix/Tempe is the way to go.

You also have ASU's unfounded superiority/inferiority complex. Up until several years ago a good number of their fans, that I had the displeasure of knowing, considered themselves to be one of the elite football programs in the country. Once they got throttled by Texas in the Holiday Bowl a few years ago, not that I have room to talk, they became a sleeping giant ready to awaken. I guess they must have forgot to set the alarm.

If you ever go to an away game at ASU you will see why it is commonly reffered to as a concrete jungle. You combine all this with the delusions of the ASU fan base you have the exact definition of a douchebag.

There are other reasons why the hatred between the UA and ASU is so fierce and intense. Now I will not say UA fans are complete angels. One has to look no further than bottlegate last year vs Oregon and a few years at a basketball against USC. ASU however easily rivals Oregon in classless fan behavior in the Pac-10.

You add this with the constant racist nickname that most ASU fans call Tucson, Browntown due to the close proximity to the Mexico border, and it becomes easy to see why the Sundevils are hated.

The UA/ASU rivalry is one of the most fierce rivalries you have probably never heard of.

Thank you. Once my wife finishes school we want to take in an away with every team in the conference. Boulder is now the first destination we have on our map.

As for our mascots, the male Wildcats is Wilbur and the female Wildcat is Wilma. Back in 1997 when UA finally won the National Championship in basketball, Wilma fell into a lake while involved in a photo shoot before the Final Four game with North Carolina.

I've been to an away game at ASU. It wasn't horrible. It was 110 degrees, though. Man, that was brutal. The fans didn't bother me too much, though. All things considered, it was a pleasant trip, save for the game itself.

My dad and I took a trip to Tucson to watch the Rockies in Spring Training. It reminds me a lot of Colorado Springs - only warmer and with better Mexican restaurants. It was cool watching the Air Force jets coming in for a landing at the Air Force Base just South of the Stadium. It was like being at a combination baseball game/air show.

The Rivalry betwen ASU and the UA seems to extend further than just athletics. There is an overall hatred, not just between Tucson and Tempe but Tucson and the entire Phoenix Metro region. If you love chain restaurants, being just a blip on the map, smog, concrete, 120 degrees when it is only supposed to be 101 (due to all the concrete and asphalt), lack of culture and an LA wannabe then Phoenix/Tempe is the way to go.

You also have ASU's unfounded superiority/inferiority complex. Up until several years ago a good number of their fans, that I had the displeasure of knowing, considered themselves to be one of the elite football programs in the country. Once they got throttled by Texas in the Holiday Bowl a few years ago, not that I have room to talk, they became a sleeping giant ready to awaken. I guess they must have forgot to set the alarm.

If you ever go to an away game at ASU you will see why it is commonly reffered to as a concrete jungle. You combine all this with the delusions of the ASU fan base you have the exact definition of a douchebag.

There are other reasons why the hatred between the UA and ASU is so fierce and intense. Now I will not say UA fans are complete angels. One has to look no further than bottlegate last year vs Oregon and a few years at a basketball against USC. ASU however easily rivals Oregon in classless fan behavior in the Pac-10.

You add this with the constant racist nickname that most ASU fans call Tucson, Browntown due to the close proximity to the Mexico border, and it becomes easy to see why the Sundevils are hated.

The UA/ASU rivalry is one of the most fierce rivalries you have probably never heard of.

All good points, now that you mention them. My wife (as I mentioned, an ASU grad) hated it there. My impression was that while Phoenix outright sucks donkey balls, Tempe wasn't a bad little corner of it.

My wife and I used to joke that Phoenix was where all 80 hair-band members went to open Bagel franchises.

Back