What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

howdy

Nice. Tell yuo what tough guy, I'm 44 yrs old and a combat vet with 2 tours in Iraq, you want to throw a piss bomb on me, you'll pay full price.

That's teh spirit!

And thanks for your service.

Sure, because you all have shown such admirable class. Let's see, I stop by to say hey, and I'm threatened with piss bombs, and other sundry items thrown at me. Because why? GASP, I live in Nebraska. Time to grow up, I think.

Good lawd man, you need to sit back and relax a little. We are all jokers and as dply explained, Nu fans have perpetuated so many over the top stereotypes of CU fans that we embrace the ridiculousness of them here.

The sarcasm here is thick and plenty, better get used to it and it'll make your stay that much more enjoyable.

Cheers!!!

Good lawd man, you need to sit back and relax a little. We are all jokers and as dply explained, Nu fans have perpetuated so many over the top stereotypes of CU fans that we embrace the ridiculousness of them here.

The sarcasm here is thick and plenty, better get used to it and it'll make your stay that much more enjoyable.

Cheers!!!

Gee, I'm sorry I didn't read the 3rd different threat as a 'joke' or sarcastic. Put yourself in my place, and see what you would think reading this. Not taking myself 'too seriously', but getting threatened with piss bombs is hardly a rib tickler in my book. Maybe I'm old fashioned.

Gee, I'm sorry I didn't read the 3rd different threat as a 'joke' or sarcastic. Put yourself in my place, and see what you would think reading this. Not taking myself 'too seriously', but getting threatened with piss bombs is hardly a rib tickler in my book. Maybe I'm old fashioned.

Pissbombs are the least of your worries. Be afraid.

You are gonna love it out here for the game. Just relax and enjoy yourself. the last thing you need to worry about is a golden shower from a golden buffalo. We even have a tailgater that flies the Cu and the Georgia flag on game days here. we just get a lot of **** from Nebraskans so this thread was a playful reminder of those accusations.

That's likely the problem. Though DBT manages okay and he's at least twice as old as you are.

Anyway, good luck to your Dawgs this Fall, and thanks again for your service.

Go Buffs!

This is a tempest in a tea pot, soldier. Going to the People's Republik of Boulder isn't a war zone. This talk isn't worthy of any war veteran's ire or concern.

Primer: CU throws pissbombs. West Virginia burns sofas. Texas BBQ's dogs, Florida wear jorts, and aNUs fans are classy.

Don't worry 'bout the idle threats around here. I've never witnessed pissbombs to be more than an urban myth perpetuated by friend-of-a-friend stories told by Nebraska fans over the years.

To paraphrase former CU president Betsy Hoffman, in Chauser's time, threats are merely a term of endearment.

Ain't nobody is going to be jacking with UGA fans in Boulder, other than the same ol' nonsense you'd see at any BCS venue. In the extremely unlikely event that you do get pissbombed, you would be fully justified in whatever retaliation your personal RoE allows.
Actually, the UGA game is about as close to a bowl game CU is going to have in 2010. The chances of seeing an SEC school in post season play is more likely than you getting drenched in someone else's bodily fluids.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bill, despite all the BS (which gets pretty deep around here), everybody I've met through this board is pretty normal and friendly. It's just we all have our evil doppelgangers that post here. If you came by the gater, you'd be treated to drinks a good handshake and food a plenty. Sacky puts on a very hospitable gater as far as I can see, even to opposing fans. Heck, we even have a few resident niblet fans on the board who give as good as they get. We have a Bama fan who pops in and out now and again, and I'm pretty sure BamaCharlie would attest we are a pretty good crew.

Even with all the pissbomb banter, I've never actually seen one, well not at least in the last 20 years or so. Most fans I know of are jacked about having your team and fans come to Folsom.

careful you dont step in the bull**** around here, dawg. you are going to be just fine. enjoy the game.

Nice. Tell yuo what tough guy, I'm 44 yrs old and a combat vet with 2 tours in Iraq, you want to throw a piss bomb on me, you'll pay full price.

You still didn't tell me where you are sitting.

Just kidding around I intend to return the great hospitality you guys treated me to when I was in Athens.

No no no no no. All the stories are absolutely true. We throw pissbombs. We tip over 120 year old great grandmothers and kick them when they're down. We slash tires. We key doors. We eat dogs... oh, wait, that's UT... sorry. I got carried away. Anyway, where was I? Oh yes, we are horrible people. Avoid Boulder at all costs.

Personally, I knock over old women and/or children and step on their necks when they are down.

Where at specifically?

Camp Babylon in '03(although went everywhere, Al Ku, Diwaniyah, Baghdad, Tikrit, etc), Out of CF in 2007-2008, but went to al asad,TQ, adn BIAP a ton. Even made it out to KV.
I assume by your name, you've been. Wherebouts?

No no no no no. All the stories are absolutely true. We throw pissbombs. We tip over 120 year old great grandmothers and kick them when they're down. We slash tires. We key doors. We eat dogs... oh, wait, that's UT... sorry. I got carried away. Anyway, where was I? Oh yes, we are horrible people. Avoid Boulder at all costs.

Bunch a filthy hippies, for sure.

Did I ever post a picture of my last Sackygate? Here it is.

dirtyhippies.jpg

Camp Babylon in '03(although went everywhere, Al Ku, Diwaniyah, Baghdad, Tikrit, etc), Out of CF in 2007-2008, but went to al asad,TQ, adn BIAP a ton. Even made it out to KV.

Two points.

1. I am appreciative of those of you who have served our country by donning the uniform and doing excellent work wherever they end up sending you, and

2. Just looking at the names of the places with the tiny fraction I know about those places I am glad it wasn't me going there.

Thanks for your service..

I thought it was Florida that grilled the Dawgs every year...

LOL, good one. It's funny though, yeah, they have owned us for the last decade or so,(ugh), but they would still have to win like 10 more game sin a row to even the score. We owned them for 75 years. It is a great experience though to go to JAX for the World's Largest Cocktail Party. If you ever get a chance, go.

Bill, despite all the BS (which gets pretty deep around here), everybody I've met through this board is pretty normal and friendly. It's just we all have our evil doppelgangers that post here. If you came by the gater, you'd be treated to drinks a good handshake and food a plenty. Sacky puts on a very hospitable gater as far as I can see, even to opposing fans. Heck, we even have a few resident niblet fans on the board who give as good as they get. We have a Bama fan who pops in and out now and again, and I'm pretty sure BamaCharlie would attest we are a pretty good crew.

Even with all the pissbomb banter, I've never actually seen one, well not at least in the last 20 years or so. Most fans I know of are jacked about having your team and fans come to Folsom.

Would I be correct in assuming this gater you speak of is a huge, momentous tailgate? If so, I'm in. Love visiting with opposing fans and drinking plenty of cold ones, or warm toddys, depending on the weather. When it gets closer, let me know when and where, and we'll show up.

It is a great experience though to go to JAX for the World's Largest Cocktail Party. If you ever get a chance, go.

I'm dating a Dawg here in Denver & I'm hoping to get down there for that at some point. I've done Athens for the CU game so seeing the party in Jax would definitely be on the top of my destination list for Georgia road games.

Would I be correct in assuming this gater you speak of is a huge, momentous tailgate? If so, I'm in. Love visiting with opposing fans and drinking plenty of cold ones, or warm toddys, depending on the weather. When it gets closer, let me know when and where, and we'll show up.

If you've been to the world's largest outdoor cocktail party, Sackygate definitely wouldn't fall in your definition of "huge". I doubt anything else ever would after that. But it's an awesome experience - and there will be plenty of cold ones there. Plus probably some vodka (if BCS doesn't leave it on the bus...) And a bunch of crazy buff fans who would be damn glad to meet ya.

(Pay no attention to the people going behind the tree with the balloons. They're just, um, making balloon animals... :smile2:)

CU's tailgate scene lacks in size, but all the dooshbaggery makes up for it.

Bigger isn't always better. McDonalds is a bigger restaurant than Morton's Steakhouse, but that doesn't make Micky D's the better experience.

Booze just tastes better with zero humidity and at elevation.

I'm dating a Dawg here in Denver & I'm hoping to get down there for that at some point. I've done Athens for the CU game so seeing the party in Jax would definitely be on the top of my destination list for Georgia road games.

Yep, do it. I read in MAxim, Esquire(althuogh why the hell I was reading Esquire I have no idea,lol), but anyway, they said that every man before he's 30, should go to it. Remember, this i sthe town, where they close down for four days,a dn turn it over to the fans. The Landing, which is a mall on the ga-fl 013..jpgSt Johns river, the astores shove all their regular items in the corner adn sell nothing buy beer and UGA/UF apparel aga-fl 031..jpgnd items. The there is a band, adn this is all on thursday and friday before the game. I'll try an dshow a couple pixga-fl 027..jpg

HQ'd out of Speicher in 03-04, but went EVERYWHERE in Salah Ad Din, Diyala and At Tamim Provinces (including FOB Ironhorse, Warhorse, Normandy, Balad, etc). Was part of a Combat Heavy Construction Battalion, so if you can name a place in 4 ID's footprint in 03-04, I was on it at some point (including the small company sized FOB's/COB's/COL's, etc.). Everywhere from Tikrit to Bayji to Khanaqin to Mandali (yep got a good look at Iran from Pacesetter) to Baqubah and all points in between.

Was at Camp Victory/BIAP in 08-09, specifically at Striker, as part of the Mayor Cell (**** job there, lemme tell ya).

Back