What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Huskers stepping up their schedule...

How does Huskerpedia make the pay-to-post work anyway and when did they implement this system? How many "subscribers" do they have right now?

I believe a board can easily become stale when hardly anyone new joins the gang and I sure as hell wouldn´t pay to post without having the option of getting my feet wet a little first.

People pay for it because it's more than a posting board. There are several insiders who write their own articles and give a lot of info on recruiting and team news there first. You also get access to everything on Rivals with it. I guess if you have no patience at all or you want to feel special knowing the news first it would be okay but I'll just wait for everyone else to report it.

How does Huskerpedia make the pay-to-post work anyway and when did they implement this system? How many "subscribers" do they have right now?

I believe a board can easily become stale when hardly anyone new joins the gang and I sure as hell wouldn´t pay to post without having the option of getting my feet wet a little first.

I'm not really sure about the mechanics of it but it's like any other forum in that you register and they approve your account for you to be able to post. In their case though I think you have to pay them through paypal or something for them to activate you. I could be wrong though. They do seem to have a lot of members so I guess it's working out for them.

People pay for it because it's more than a posting board. There are several insiders who write their own articles and give a lot of info on recruiting and team news there first. You also get access to everything on Rivals with it. I guess if you have no patience at all or you want to feel special knowing the news first it would be okay but I'll just wait for everyone else to report it.

Ohhh. I didn't know the part about rivals. That's pretty cool actually.

Ohhh. I didn't know the part about rivals. That's pretty cool actually.

I've never subscribed but piggybacked on a friend's account awhile back. The rivals part is pretty cool because it gives you access to every team in D1, which is cool if you're in a recruiting battle or wondering what's really happening with another team. It's not real expensive ($10-15 a month, I think), but again, I'll just wait for the news.

Considering I grew up in Lincoln, worked at the stadium, have been to tons of games and numerous football camps there, and have a degree from there I feel a pretty strong connection to the university and the football program. Big difference between NU and CU fans, I think.

So degrees are issued by Memorial Stadium. I've often suspected that the affiliated University was superfluious. (except for great contributions to humanity, like the McRibb sandwitch, of course.)

So I agree with you. That is a big difference between NU fans and CU fans. CU fans shamelessly gush about the whole campus and the CU FB program happens to be a bonus!

What type of chopper is in your avatar? Recently saw a documentary about the AW101 and thought of you.

It's an MH-60S "Knighthawk". Essentially a Blackhawk frame, with shipboard compatable folding components and a brand new cockpit design (all glass) and a new avionics package. The Navy brought it on board in 2001.

If you look closely at the picture, you'll see me in the right seat of 64.

EDIT: Speaking of which, what happened to your kickass avatar featuring the mighty Phrog, OU Buff?

Last edited by a moderator:
:lol:Eastern Washington. Need I say more?

to take a line from nebraska fans, "we have a w. your point is?"

i am going to remind you right now that ewu has nothing to do with how the skers and buffs match up. as sacky said, your asskicking is in the mail.

Ball St. didn't look too scared to play in Lincoln last year

nope. they sure as hell didn't, did they? neither, in recent years have a number of teams who have waltzed in and kicked their ass.

i am going to remind you right now that ewu has nothing to do with how the skers and buffs match up. as sacky said, your asskicking is in the mail.

nope. they sure as hell didn't, did they? neither, in recent years have a number of teams who have waltzed in and kicked their ass.
and they recieved a paycheck also.

Stop talking...like forever.

Let's not bring up Ball State I'm getting all shaky and the Captain Morgan bottle is close to coming out!!!! :huh:

I watched that Ball State game last year. I have to say it was pretty epic. Especially since there wasn't a single person in the stadium who thought they'd hang in there the way they did.

uhm, yeah. i am sure going to let a husker say whatever he wants, and quiet because he can't take a fraction of what he dishes.

that is going to happen.

neg rep for having too thin of skin, throwing barbs, and not posessing the minimum sack to take it back.

uhm, yeah. i am sure going to let a husker say whatever he wants, and quiet because he can't take a fraction of what he dishes.

that is going to happen.

neg rep for having too thin of skin, throwing barbs, and not posessing the minimum sack to take it back.

Oh honey, I just want you to shut up because you don't know what you're talking about. See, the thing is, he was talking about an asskicking that THIS YEARS CU team is going to give THIS YEARS NU team. So the whole Ball St. portion doesn't really come into play, otherwise I'd say
Montana State and the conversation would be over. When he says CU is going to deliver an asskicking, I say, your team just barely beat Eastern Washington, you shouldn't be talking about kicking anyone's ass until your team shows that it's made of something. CU looked good against CSU, but I'm pretty sure that we all know how CSU is going to be this season so what does that really say? And really, talking about kicking NU's ass in Lincoln when it's clear that NU and CU are pretty neck and neck right now?
Neg rep for sticking your nose where it doesn't belong...again.

thank you for sharing. everyone cares deeply about your thoughts here.

really they do. me included. :eiertritt:

Actually I do appreciate what c-sker and bigrediowan bring to allbuffs. They aren't here to flame, but tell it how it is. Very cool guys to talk football with. Better than a lot of the fusker trolls we have had here.

All I know is this team better get their **** straight real fast or we won't win 5 games this year! We have been bitten by the injury bug but that is still no excuse for the piss poor performance we displayed on offense. Our blocking was lack luster at best. I think hiring Barney Cotton was a friggen mistake and nothing he does will ever change my mind!

Actually I do appreciate what c-sker and bigrediowan bring to allbuffs. They aren't here to flame, but tell it how it is. Very cool guys to talk football with. Better than a lot of the fusker trolls we have had here.

Thanks for the kind words man. :thumbsup: Blackshirts your right about the Barney Cotton hire. No matter what anyone says I still raise my eyebrows at that one?

Oh honey, I just want you to shut up because you don't know what you're talking about. See, the thing is, he was talking about an asskicking that THIS YEARS CU team is going to give THIS YEARS NU team.

thing is she does know what she is talking about, and I'd take her knowledge of CFB over yours any day of the week....

glad you decided to quit teaching and go to making pizzas at the local Casey's, because you sir, cant read and comprehend worth a damn.....

and while we are on the subject of asskicking..... I predict lots of 99 & 2/3 yard drives right up the vaulted "blackshirt" ass wipe defense on 11/1.....

what do you think the little red of the north will do that day???

Last edited:

:yeahthat:

Of course, you have to understand their version of "tell it how it is" does suffer from at least a little bit of the usual fusker delusion, but they are definitely better than most. If we could get a couple folks like that from the other Big XII schools (now that Saul is apparently hopelessly lost in the mountains trying to get from Manhattan to Boulder, apart from the fuskers we only have a Sooner fan or two and the occasional visit from E.D.wHorn to give us perspective from the rest of the Big XII) I think it would be interesting. :thumbsup:

All I know is this team better get their **** straight real fast or we won't win 5 games this year! We have been bitten by the injury bug but that is still no excuse for the piss poor performance we displayed on offense. Our blocking was lack luster at best. I think hiring Barney Cotton was a friggen mistake and nothing he does will ever change my mind!

Agreed about cotton; that move really puzzled me, especially when you guys kept Watson as OC. I think Pellini will get the thing turned around, but the Nebraska fans that I've read on Huskerpedia and Huskerboard seem to think that Pellini is some sort of magician. They say that Callahan was the whole problem but that there is plenty of talent, ignoring that Callahan recruited all those guys, and it seems unlikely that a guy would be a **** coach in every area but recruiting. The talent on the field last year was either substandard or they just quit on Callahan, and quitters don't just turn into winners overnight. Pellini is going to have to recruit his own guys just like Hawk had to get his guys in here.

Agreed about cotton; that move really puzzled me, especially when you guys kept Watson as OC. I think Pellini will get the thing turned around, but the Nebraska fans that I've read on Huskerpedia and Huskerboard seem to think that Pellini is some sort of magician. They say that Callahan was the whole problem but that there is plenty of talent, ignoring that Callahan recruited all those guys, and it seems unlikely that a guy would be a **** coach in every area but recruiting. The talent on the field last year was either substandard or they just quit on Callahan, and quitters don't just turn into winners overnight. Pellini is going to have to recruit his own guys just like Hawk had to get his guys in here.

This is a true statement, but I think the team just plain quit on Callahan and that's not a surprise. If anyone needs a reference see the Raiders that Callahan took over from Jon Gruden. That team just quit on Callahan as well............We have talent on the team, but for the most part it is unrefined. It's going to take some time, it's not going to be overnight like some think.

thing is she does know what she is talking about, and I'd take her knowledge of CFB over yours any day of the week....

glad you decided to quit teaching and go to making pizzas at the local Casey's, because you sir, cant read and comprehend worth a damn.....

and while we are on the subject of asskicking..... I predict lots of 99 & 2/3 yard drives right up the vaulted "blackshirt" ass wipe defense on 11/1.....

what do you think the little red of the north will do that day???

You would.

Why are all you Casey's managers always hating on us employees?:smile2:

I can guarantee you that OU is going to wipe the floor with us this season. That was never discussed or in question. So will Mizzou, and probably KU. You'll never hear me say otherwise.

Such anger from the dirt burgular. Is the trip to the northwest bringing back bad memories for you and your clan?

You would.

Why are all you Casey's managers always hating on us employees?:smile2:

I can guarantee you that OU is going to wipe the floor with us this season. That was never discussed or in question. So will Mizzou, and probably KU. You'll never hear me say otherwise.

Such anger from the dirt burgular. Is the trip to the northwest bringing back bad memories for you and your clan?

listen you were the one who didnt reply to what Sacky said, then when LB repeated the same you jumped all over it and her.... I'm just calling it how I see it in this thread... you backed down from Sacky and him saying the ass kicking is in the mail.... and now you backed down from me when I suggest OU is going to roll the fuskers in Norman on 11/1..... grow some balls and man up....

and memories from 2 years ago..... all I know is we kicked some fusker ass in the Big XII Championship game in KC with a wide receiver playing QB..... and of course being in Glendale for probably one of the best CGB games I have ever seen, in person or on TV.... :thumbsup: beyond that is not important, its maerked down as either a W or L.....

Frankly UBT, I think your support for LB is not needed. She does fine on her own.

That being said - who gives a sh*t about the dirt burglars. :smile2:

listen you were the one who didnt reply to what Sacky said
, then when LB repeated the same you jumped all over it and her.... I'm just calling it how I see it in this thread... you backed down from Sacky and him saying the ass kicking is in the mail.... and now you backed down from me when I suggest OU is going to roll the fuskers in Norman on 11/1..... grow some balls and man up....

and memories from 2 years ago..... all I know is we kicked some fusker ass in the Big XII Championship game in KC with a wide receiver playing QB..... and of course being in Glendale for probably one of the best CGB games I have ever seen, in person or on TV.... :thumbsup: beyond that is not important, its maerked down as either a W or L.....

I did, actually. LB jumps all over anyone who represents the Huskers no matter what the topic is and I responded in kind. No need for anyone to defend me or her.
Man up? You have me confused with most delusional Husker fans who think we are going to win every game. I hope we do, but I'm realistic and as long as NU and OU continue down their respective paths, I don't see any way we stay within 14 points of OU, at home.

As far as the rest of it goes, WTF are you talking about? Just taking a stroll down random memory lane or are you hoping someone would congratulate you for being at those games and bringing all of your awesomeness with you? Are you trying to prove that you've beaten NU's ass before? I can play that game too. Remember playing us in 2001? 1970? 1971? 1978? 1982? Or how about 1991-1997? More than a few sooner beat downs then! See how awesome I am?:rolleyes:

As far as the rest of it goes, WTF are you talking about?

try to follow the topic of conversation from your previous post please? you brought up 2006, and I told you what I remember from it, or what is significant to you and me.....

wake when Bo brings nebraska back..... oh btw to change the subject a little bit.... how's turner gill doing at Buffalo? :smile2:

I did, actually.

you called sacky "honey?" yeah. clearly. :thumbsup:

Coloradohusker said:
LB jumps all over anyone who represents the Huskers no matter what the topic is and I responded in kind.

i think your radar is busted, fusker. several have chose to not be raging ****tards, and they are treated as brothers. some fuskers do not choose to chill. i do tend to point out shortcomings in their opinions. if that is how you define an attack, then yes, mister thinskin, it was an attack. in this instance i said one thing to you, and that was ewu has no bearing whatsoever on turkey day plus one.

for whatever reason, that banged your gina a bit.

as for the "memories" of the northwest as a barb to ubt, i have to :rofl2: at you. seems that the sooners are WELL in control of this ballgame, as expected.

Back