What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Huskers stepping up their schedule...

Why do you care who NEBRASKA plays? I always here people bitching about their weak schedule and no one understands it's about $$$$$$$$ - the lower tier team you play the less you pay them. fresno st is only getting 700,000 but the miami game will have TV revenue.

Huh? People Here or people here? Or there.

try to follow the topic of conversation from your previous post please? you brought up 2006, and I told you what I remember from it, or what is significant to you and me.....

wake when Bo brings nebraska back..... oh btw to change the subject a little bit.... how's turner gill doing at Buffalo? :smile2:

So confused here. When did I talk about 2006? The sarcastic Montana St. comment? If that's the case then maybe read back a bit and you'll get it.

BTW: Turner's doing just fine. 2-1 so far and doing better than any coach...well...ever there.

And what are you going to say when Va Tech beats NU anyway?

Seriously, if we lose to VaTech, as bad as they are, at home, I will concede the season to pretty much everyone else in the Big XII cause that means we are really, really bad. From what I saw of NU tonight, they are fixing a lot of things that weren't so good a couple of weeks ago and as a fan of my program, all I ask is for improvement from week to week. I'm not expecting anything more than 7-8 wins this season and as long as I see guys continuing to fix so many things that were wrong last season, I will be happy.

Seriously, if we lose to VaTech, as bad as they are, at home, I will concede the season to pretty much everyone else in the Big XII cause that means we are really, really bad. From what I saw of NU tonight, they are fixing a lot of things that weren't so good a couple of weeks ago and as a fan of my program, all I ask is for improvement from week to week. I'm not expecting anything more than 7-8 wins this season and as long as I see guys continuing to fix so many things that were wrong last season, I will be happy.

I have to say I respect that attitude a lot. That's exactly how I feel about the Buffs. I never bought into the "RTD" business under Barnett. I wanted to see steady improvement in all areas but instead we got the opposite culminating in a humiliating 70-3 loss to Texas in the Big XII championship game. That was rock bottom. Hawk took over a program in shambles and he's making progress towards respectability. What else can we ask for?

I know this is was a lose-lose situation for Nebraska this week. They play "good" and it ends up being, "well, they should have because they were playing New Mexico State who hasn't even played yet this year". They don't play well, and it's all, the Huskers have issues.

Back to CUNU's comment, I go down and watch this game in Lincoln and the majority of the bar is going nuts because your pounding New Mexico State....HELLO!!!! This is what happens every f'n year. Until Nebraska plays Virginia Tech (a decent opponent) then you have no idea how you will fare the rest of the 8 games you play.

It's that simple and it will always be that way every year until they play a decent non-conference schedule.

I'm done venting...

You would.

Why are all you Casey's managers always hating on us employees?:smile2:

I can guarantee you that OU is going to wipe the floor with us this season. That was never discussed or in question. So will Mizzou, and probably KU. You'll never hear me say otherwise.

Such anger from the dirt burgular. Is the trip to the northwest bringing back bad memories for you and your clan?

So confused here. When did I talk about 2006? The sarcastic Montana St. comment? If that's the case then maybe read back a bit and you'll get it.

BTW: Turner's doing just fine. 2-1 so far and doing better than any coach...well...ever there.

you confused??? ya maybe, more than likey.... last time me and my clan played / took a trip to the northwest was Oregon in 2006, before

bad memories, ya they resurfaced today on how horrible PAC-10 officiating is.....

did that clear your confusion up??

We wont be kicking NU's ass in Lincoln lb. I could see us winning, but we wont kick their ass

leash, having scoreboard on the huskers is so demoralizing to them, it really does not matter if they lose by one or by thirty. i can assure you that a significant percentage of the state acts as if their grandmother died in either situation. in fact, i think more than one fan would rather sacrifice their grandmother than see a loss, no matter the final score.

make no mistake - those years when the game was decided by no more than a score, they beat chest all year about it in the land of the red, and acted as if the score was 10,423 to -378. sacky started talking this language concerning the red. i agree with that language, based on my experiences there.

is there anything that you would like to add to sacky and myself, being as we are both of this opinion? or is this "just take it out on the girl day?"

I have to say I respect that attitude a lot. That's exactly how I feel about the Buffs.

as do i.

I'm not expecting anything more than 7-8 wins this season...

Well, you've started with three gimmie teams as usual, but the rest of your season could be bleak. You do have Baylor and Iowa St, but both are improved and much better than the teams you've played. It's hard to guess your chances with K-St, they've played a schedule similar to yours. But Va Tech has played two real teams, compared with the number you've played (zero). Don't you think your expectations seem unrealistic, considering the personnel and play of your defense?

leash, having scoreboard on the huskers is so demoralizing to them, it really does not matter if they lose by one or by thirty. i can assure you that a significant percentage of the state acts as if their grandmother died in either situation. in fact, i think more than one fan would rather sacrifice their grandmother than see a loss, no matter the final score.

make no mistake - those years when the game was decided by no more than a score, they beat chest all year about it in the land of the red, and acted as if the score was 10,423 to -378. sacky started talking this language concerning the red. i agree with that language, based on my experiences there.

is there anything that you would like to add to sacky and myself, being as we are both of this opinion? or is this "just take it out on the girl day?"

as do i.

I have friends and relatives in Nebraska, hell my grandpa that is now a CU fan played for the Nebraska football team. I know how they act. They are diehard about their team, I wish CU fans could be like that.

The NU O-line is getting better with the return of Murtha and regrettably next weeks return of Christensen. RB's are solid. TE and WR's are playing much more physical.

D-line is solid, D-ends are very thin and dinged up. LB's are thin but playing well. D-backs improving.

Vag Tech will be a better test, Mizzu will uncover the weaknesses.

this staff is coaching well, especially on D. after the first drive of NMSU the staff made adjustments and pretty much shut them down the rest of the way. very encouraging. we will see, the B12N looks pretty good thus far.

I know this is was a lose-lose situation for Nebraska this week. They play "good" and it ends up being, "well, they should have because they were playing New Mexico State who hasn't even played yet this year". They don't play well, and it's all, the Huskers have issues.

Back to CUNU's comment, I go down and watch this game in Lincoln and the majority of the bar is going nuts because your pounding New Mexico State....HELLO!!!! This is what happens every f'n year. Until Nebraska plays Virginia Tech (a decent opponent) then you have no idea how you will fare the rest of the 8 games you play.
It's that simple and it will always be that way every year until they play a decent non-conference schedule.

I'm done venting...

This is a very true statement and I still stand by the fact that we will probably on win 7 or 8 games at the most. That's an improvement from last season and that's all that I can ask. So far I've liked what I've seen as far as player passion goes. I just wanted these guys to play with fire and passion again and they have done that. I still say we lose to VT, Mizzou, TT, OU, and the KU and CU game are a toss-up IMO. These first three games were to build up confidence and work out problems nothing more, nothing less. We should've stomped the hell our of NMSU, there's no question about that. I think we should've beat the piss out of WMU, and SJS, but the SJS game was a little closer than I would've liked. WMU was right in the middle there so far..............

I have friends and relatives in Nebraska, hell my grandpa that is now a CU fan played for the Nebraska football team. I know how they act. They are diehard about their team, I wish CU fans could be like that.

really? before making a blanket statement like that i personally would rather that we have a think about what behavior is being displayed before wishing it on ourselves.

waylon and bri seem to be pretty level headed fans. so what i am about to say does not apply to them. or to anyone else who clearly the shoe does not fit.

but may i point out that i would not have death threats called in to any one of our coaching staff or former ad's, even if it meant filled stands. i would not have an infamous sign represent us, even if it fills the stands. i would shove off on quite a bit of behavior, no matter if it filled our stands. of course, you may be at a point where these may not bother you. you are entitled to your own opinion.

however, i fail to see how my pointing out that ewu has piddle to do with what will happen to the skers and the buffs turkey day plus one has to do with all of the extraneous brouhaha that has happened since. if you have anything to say about that, it would be chill.

Last edited:
really? before making a blanket statement like that i personally would rather that we have a think about what behavior is being displayed before wishing it on ourselves.

waylon and bri seem to be pretty level headed fans. so what i am about to say does not apply to them. or to anyone else who clearly the shoe does not fit.

but may i point out that i would not have death threats called in to any one of our coaching staff or former ad's, even if it meant filled stands. i would not have an infamous sign represent us, even if it fills the stands. i would shove off on quite a bit of behavior, no matter if it filled our stands. of course, you may be at a point where these may not bother you. you are entitled to your own opinion.

however, i fail to see how my pointing out that ewu has piddle to do with what will happen to the skers and the buffs turkey day plus one has to do with all of the extraneous brouhaha that has happened since. if you have anything to say about that, it would be chill.

And you're acting like CU's **** don't stink? Ya NU has bad fans, I'll be the first to admit I rip them and their fans when they pull off bull****. They have pulled off a loit, but they are also passionate about their team. They continue to fill the stadium when they are a mediocre program. They are fun to talk football with in person. I have talked to a lot of different ones and to be honest I have come across more jackass NU fans on the internet than in person. I talked to a program vendor at Misty's the night before the game and happened to run into him selling programs at the game. He gave me a program for free.

And you're acting like CU's **** don't stink? Ya NU has bad fans, I'll be the first to admit I rip them and their fans when they pull off bull****. They have pulled off a loit, but they are also passionate about their team. They continue to fill the stadium when they are a mediocre program. They are fun to talk football with in person. I have talked to a lot of different ones and to be honest I have come across more jackass NU fans on the internet than in person. I talked to a program vendor at Misty's the night before the game and happened to run into him selling programs at the game. He gave me a program for free.

i am quite certain that i did not mention anywhere that cu's **** does not stink, and that all of our fans are angellic. i AM saying that i would be hesitant to start engaging in the big red lovefest that you are on.

for someone who is fussy about staying to topic, you have sure taken liberties to drift far far from the point, which remains, bolded for you this time:

however, i fail to see how my pointing out that ewu has piddle to do with what will happen to the skers and the buffs turkey day plus one has to do with all of the extraneous brouhaha that has happened since. if you have anything to say about that, it would be chill

i am quite certain that i did not mention anywhere that cu's **** does not stink, and that all of our fans are angellic. i AM saying that i would be hesitant to start engaging in the big red lovefest that you are on.

for someone who is fussy about staying to topic, you have sure taken liberties to drift far far from the point, which remains, bolded for you this time:

however, i fail to see how my pointing out that ewu has piddle to do with what will happen to the skers and the buffs turkey day plus one has to do with all of the extraneous brouhaha that has happened since. if you have anything to say about that, it would be chill

I'm not saying CU's performance against EWU has anything to do with CU vs. NU. I just don't see us killing them this year.

I'm not saying CU's performance against EWU has anything to do with CU vs. NU. I just don't see us killing them this year.

did i say "killing"? for someone who has the market on knowing what is going on, you are making quite a few mistakes. don't worry - i will still have the kids scrawl you a card.

the fan base of both teams is well documented. both fan bases carry a national reputation. that being said, neither fan base is as good or as bad as their reputation preceding them. NU fan.... Try wearing opposing colors to a NU game (I have in hoops and baseball because I follow another team from Neb) you will find out very fast that the NU base has...... "challenges" upholding its/our reputation. personally, there are a couple b12n teams who's fans have had a hard time dealing well with their recent success IMO. I think ALL fans from ALL teams have lessons to learn when it comes to keeping things in perspective but that is a whole new discussion of society's emphasis on sports and the amount of class being displayed by those who play the games as well.... there was a time when I would see an athlete pounding his own chest it would just make me cringe. it happens so often now it pretty much goes unnoticed and is cheered by fans. what do we expect the next generation of fans to act like when the normal way to cheer or support a team is so far removed from the ideals of what sports and competition use to be about????

did i say "killing"? for someone who has the market on knowing what is going on, you are making quite a few mistakes. don't worry - i will still have the kids scrawl you a card.

I believe the phrase was "your asskicking is in the mail." Pretty interchangable terms in my book.

I believe the phrase was "your asskicking is in the mail." Pretty interchangable terms in my book.

oh honey - is it? aren't you still trying to figure out what it means when i say that ewu has nothing to do with the day after turkey day?

not suprised to see that your reading comprehension has not improved overnight. i also said that i know for a fact that the huskers take ANY loss, one point to thirty points as an asskicking.

yours, sweetheart IS in the mail. tootles. i am sure your head will be swimming for weeks.

oh honey - is it? aren't you still trying to figure out what it means when i say that ewu has nothing to do with the day after turkey day?

not suprised to see that your reading comprehension has not improved overnight. i also said that i know for a fact that the huskers take ANY loss, one point to thirty points as an asskicking.

yours, sweetheart IS in the mail. tootles. i am sure your head will be swimming for weeks.

Oh look, I proved her wrong AGAIN and AGAIN she ignores and skirts the issue. Classic LB M.O. Hopefully that tootles means you're going away for a long, long time.

Oh look, I proved her wrong AGAIN and AGAIN she ignores and skirts the issue. Classic LB M.O. Hopefully that tootles means you're going away for a long, long time.

:lol: you proved me wrong, huh? if you say so.

since you started popping off about my comment that ewu has jack to do with when we meet up, and have failed to enlighten us as to how my comment is wrong, i will say that you have just epically failed.

sorry.

the one ignoring and skirting, pinkskirt, is you. you could not even throw sooner smack with any amount of substance to it. tell ya what? why not PM leash to hide behind his huskerlove some? that will buy you some time to think of a way to prove what i have said wrong.

to direct your teeny little attention -

ewu.
has.
jack.
to.
do.
with.
our.
matchup.

thanks for playing!

How am I making mistakes by pointing out yours? Killing ass kicking, it's the same thing. But I'll be a hypocrite like you and say ya we will kick Nebraska's ass when we beat them by 2 points! My god you think you're hot **** sometimes. People around here think your a queen and you "own" everybody who you don't agree with. Your comments don't bother me, it's pretty funny actually.

How am I making mistakes by pointing out yours? Killing ass kicking, it's the same thing. But I'll be a hypocrite like you and say ya we will kick Nebraska's ass when we beat them by 2 points! My god you think you're hot **** sometimes. People around here think your a queen and you "own" everybody who you don't agree with. Your comments don't bother me, it's pretty funny actually.

i seriously doubt anyone here thinks i am a queen. they would be foolish to think so. furthermore, i have far better things to do in life than collect people. i offer discourse and opinions. some may not be worth the toilet paper one wipes their ass with. but frankly, between the two of us, only one has said the other knows no college football in this thread. that is an opinion that is not worth the time to type it out. i have enjoyed chatting with you in the past. your reaction on this particular point has been uncharacteristically volcanic. if after you get some sleep and think over what i have said and what i have not said you still feel that my words have deserved the level of your reaction, remove me from your friend list. don't respond. that simple.

as for the ass kicking, which is the opinion i agreed with, i am not the only one who is of that opinion. nor will i back down from it, no matter the vehemence of your "queen" firebreath. so either peace up with the idea that i think the buffs are going to win, or don't. neither case is going to make a wrinkle in my day.

as you said yourself, you know the huskers will take a two point loss as seriously as death. you "know them" remember?

Back