What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

I am sure we are not the worst fans in America

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong...but if my memory serves me correctly, when I was a kid I was told/taught to keep your mouth shut and simply shake keys on key downs when we are on offense....not when we are on DEFENSE. When we are on D we make as much noise as possible...and that doesn't include KEYS!

KEYS=OFFENSE
YELLING and SCREAMING=DEFENSE

While I agree with you in principle, the keys are important on defense because if you pull out your keys and start shaking them and yelling, you can induce the rest of the crowd to start making noise earlier. I wish we could maintain the crowd noise all the way through an entire drive (i.e. not stop making noise until the offense breaks the huddle for the next play), but the keys are helpful to start the noise a little earlier on third downs.

I thought you guys pulled out yoru keys because you were going to leave by the third quarter to go to starbucks? Huh, learn something new everyday.

Well, it is kind of hard to drive a tractor through the starbucks drive through.

Back on topic, I think most student sections are clueless when it comes to football. Figure the game is more of a diversion for them. For the rest of us, it's life, death, and national security all rolled up into one.

Even back in the late 80's, when I was there and CU had really, really good teams, the majority of the students were more interested in the social atmosphere of the game than the game itself. Even so, I doubt it's much different anywhere else.

The students don't care that its not nationally acceptable to charge the field after beating a 1-3 team. They see it as enhancing their gameday experience. There are many schools that won't even allow this, so our undergrads should take it when it comes.

A buddy of mine is an Alabama alum... he said that Bama fans have NEVER rushed their field. Arrogant bastards.

Because there is a huge banked handicap ramp in between the student section and the field. Other schools don't make those kind of accommodations.

Folsom-Field1.jpg

:yeahthat: ... and where were the guys in riot gear lining the embankment? Shall we chalk that one up to budget cuts?

:yeahthat: ... and where were the guys in riot gear lining the embankment? Shall we chalk that one up to budget cuts?

unless you think that football is being played on a sheet of ice during the summer, I don't see the need to have riot geer at the Boulder Bolder :smile2:

It's shocking, really. If there is one thing we know about the po-po in Colorado, it's that they like to get dressed up in riot gear and smack around college kids who are trying to have some fun. Maybe tear gas them to.

Somebody get a note to Campus PD chief McGruff. He's missing an opportunity to bust some heads. Keep Boulder safe Aggie-style and line the base of the handicap ramp with sword wielding officers in riot gear. Then draw those swords and point at any student dumb enough to tread on hallowed ground.

CU students and Arab fundamentalist only respect authority with a jack boot firmly placed on their throats.

:sarcasm:

It is pretty hard to play football without the goalposts either :smile2:

maybe they were budget cuts as well. :rofl:

YES, we will be glad to get rid of you bitches of texas.

He is from the little apple.... and he has no fing clue about Boulder and where the mountains are.... Making the Big 12 smaller for him will mke it easier for him to learn his Big 12 geography. A 16 team conference might be too much for him to handle....

I care, and so do many other fans. I'm with wispy, and I've been saying this for a long time. We have some of the dumbest fans around. I remember as a student trying to explain to people to stop yelling when we're on offense. Our fans just aren't real football fans - there's no knowledge of the game for most of them. The games are just an excuse to get belligerently drunk for many. While this may be true at most campuses around, you don't see them get really loud when the offense is facing a third down. ...and that idiotic "key" ringing for opponent third downs is another dumb thing. Jingling your keys is nowhere close to as loud as clapping and yelling...

Rushing the field is for big wins - and when you're supposed to be a big time college program, big wins are not against 1-3 teams. Sure Georgia is a name school, but that doesn't mean they're a good team this year. Rushing the field also typically happens when a small time school over achieves and beats a better team - e.g. underdog wins. Our idiot fans rushing the field all the damn time makes us look like a small time school that wasn't supposed to win (YES...I know we suck right now...but that doesn't mean our overall program does). It puts us in a class below what we're supposed to be. I can't stand it. It makes us look like amateurs. 2001 Nebraska was the last time we should have rushed the field, because it was a HUGE game...and the previous handful of defeats from Nebraska were just heartbreaking.

LOL...but seriously, sometimes the students look like total geeks. I wonder how many followed football in their high schools. Probably were in the chess club and never went to games.

Was in Logan, Utah, of all places over the weekend and got to watch Utah State beat BYU for the first time in 17 years... that's like CU-Neb ***t from the day. As weird as it might sound, I was most impressed with the USU student body. They be brainwashed-happy folk but they hate BYU with a passion regardless and watching them watch the Aggies dismantle the blue devils was something to behold. It was awesome.

Don't like the rushing the field thing, did it my senior year after the 2001 Nebraska win but don't think it should be done unless described as above. While embarassing now, I'm really not worried about it. Once the program finally turns the corner and starts winning 8 games or more a year on a regular basis, we won't see this. Only happened that one time my 5 years at CU and only started happening recently since we have been sucking under Dan. Until CU turns around we will just have to deal, but honestly at this point I really don't give a damn what other people think. As far as the cussing and everything else I'm fine with it.

If the fans from the visiting team don't like it then stay the **** out of Folsom. Its our house and our traditions, we are loud, rowdy and the fans that do come to the game are full of spirit.... Most of the other schools in the Big XII are just jealous of what a great all around school we have with the good academics, mountains, winning tradition, great colors, mascot and being considered a "cool school" to go to. They will use anything to put us down in order to make themselves feel better. They know that they are in the plains in middle of knowhere and the only people that would give them a second look are the morons in their own state. ****'em Up! ****'em Up! Go CU!!

Don't like the rushing the field thing, did it my senior year after the 2001 Nebraska win but don't think it should be done unless described as above. While embarassing now, I'm really not worried about it. Once the program finally turns the corner and starts winning 8 games or more a year on a regular basis, we won't see this. Only happened that one time my 5 years at CU and only started happening recently since we have been sucking under Dan. Until CU turns around we will just have to deal, but honestly at this point I really don't give a damn what other people think. As far as the cussing and everything else I'm fine with it.

If the fans from the visiting team don't like it then stay the **** out of Folsom. Its our house and our traditions, we are loud, rowdy and the fans that do come to the game are full of spirit.... Most of the other schools in the Big XII are just jealous of what a great all around school we have with the good academics, mountains, winning tradition, great colors, mascot and being considered a "cool school" to go to. They will use anything to put us down in order to make themselves feel better. They know that they are in the plains in middle of knowhere and the only people that would give them a second look are the morons in their own state. ****'em Up! ****'em Up! Go CU!!

lol wtf

+1

Back