What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

I can't stop thinking about how HUGE the Hawai'i game is.

Hello Buffs,Another Warrior fan here. I find it interesting that most fans for UH and CU think the game is going to be an easy win for their respective schools. I'm predicting a UH win only because I'm a UH fan. I have yet to actually look at who's really returning for the Buffs. What I do know is that UH is replacing just about the entire oline this year like they did last year. They put up over 500 yards in the opener against USC. The difference between last year and this year is that the oline has more talent and depth. Minus austin hanson, there are actually 2 returning players with meaningful playing time. Lefiti and leonard were both labled starters after spring 2010. Lefiti, the starting center, found out that he had broken his foot in the spring game and would require surgery. He sat out the first few games before rotating in every other series with Ginlack.Leonard got injured in practice the week of the USC game. He ended up playing only 5 games with one start. Both are back and healthy.I'm not too worried about our rb situation, because we have a couple of big backs sterling jackson (6'2", 220) and joey iosefa (6'0",245)that can run and block in this system.I'm worried about the recievers, but in recent years there has always been people who step up. I'm more concerned with moniz' health. If he is fine, UH is fine offensively. In fact, the only losing seasons UH has had since 1999 have been when they started a new QB for most of the year.
DPC, welcome! Good first post. Who would you consider your deep threat WR?

Hello Buffs,Another Warrior fan here. I find it interesting that most fans for UH and CU think the game is going to be an easy win for their respective schools. I'm predicting a UH win only because I'm a UH fan. I have yet to actually look at who's really returning for the Buffs. What I do know is that UH is replacing just about the entire oline this year like they did last year. They put up over 500 yards in the opener against USC. The difference between last year and this year is that the oline has more talent and depth. Minus austin hanson, there are actually 2 returning players with meaningful playing time. Lefiti and leonard were both labled starters after spring 2010. Lefiti, the starting center, found out that he had broken his foot in the spring game and would require surgery. He sat out the first few games before rotating in every other series with Ginlack.Leonard got injured in practice the week of the USC game. He ended up playing only 5 games with one start. Both are back and healthy.I'm not too worried about our rb situation, because we have a couple of big backs sterling jackson (6'2", 220) and joey iosefa (6'0",245)that can run and block in this system.I'm worried about the recievers, but in recent years there has always been people who step up. I'm more concerned with moniz' health. If he is fine, UH is fine offensively. In fact, the only losing seasons UH has had since 1999 have been when they started a new QB for most of the year.

A lot of CU folks are looking forward to their trip to Hawaii. It should be a great game.

I'm surprised that you've come away with the impression that CU fans view this as an easy win. I've noticed a lot of tentative CU fans on this one. We haven't been a good road team in quite a while, we feature a new coaching staff and Hawaii is a notably better team at home.

Look forward to hearing more of your input on your team.

@dpc - what section in Aloha is reserved for visitors?

With all due respect, UH isn't an easy game. But relative to the rest of CU's remaining schedule, it's below USC, Oregon, Ohio State, Stanford, Utah, and Arizona State. It's in the same grouping as California, Arizona, UCLA and Washington. The only games that are "easier" than Hawaii are Washington State and CSU. There you have it. Hawaii might very well be the 3rd easiest game on CU's schedule.

This is more of a testiment to the difficulty of having the toughest schedule in the world, not a knock on Hawaii.

If CU beats Hawaii, the team could finish bowl eligible. If CU gets punched in the mouth in Aloha-land, CU might be in for a 3-win season.

I don't view this as an easy win by any stretch. I know Embree is putting a lot of emphasis on this game, though. I think he really wants this one very badly.

As is the case in most football games, this should come down to line play. Whoever controls the line of scrimage will have a decided advantage. I think CU *should* be in better shape along both sides of the LOS, but we won't know for sure until they play the game.

Welcome...I'll say this, UH is always tough at home, it's not an easy game, I don't care who you are.

30-9 at home over the past 5 seasons (including 3 bowl games). Certainly a lot of wins over the Sisters of the Poor, but does include wins over Purdue ('06), Arizona State ('06 Hawaii Bowl), Boise State ('07), Washington ('07), and Washington State ('08). We all know they kept it close with USC last year, ultimately losing 49-36.

Well, our deep threat is Royce Pollard at wide out. He's one of the fastest on the team. However, the new guys at slot are quick enough to get open deep and they have shown so in practice. The knock on Stutzman and Ostrowski is that they're either too short or too skinny and I don't think either can win a foot race to the endzone once they catch the ball. I can see them getting knocked off routes easily.

The main guy to look out for is Darius Bright. At 6'3" 230, he's going to be a physical force at the other wideout. He actually won the job last year and would have played if Rodney Bradley wasn't able to fully recover from a broken leg he suffered in 2009. Bright chose to redshirt with hopes of having 2 full seasons to play.

In the run N shoot, everyone is a deep threat. It just depends on the coverage a defense gives. If CU can get a pass rush without blitzing and places everyone else in zone coverage keeping everything underneath, then the Buffs will stop UH. If CU has to blitz, then they will be picked apart. Most of the time the offense is going to get the yards. Let them. Yards don't win games. Points do.

Points are going to be hard to come by this year, as the defense is being hyped as the best in the WAC. Both the DL and LB units are rated #1 in the conference, while the secondary is rated 7th due to no returning starters. What I find funny is that UH only used 2 lb's last year and 5 DBs for much of the season. Due to an injury to Spencer Smith in the Army game, Richard Torres moved to strong safety and John Hardy-Tuliau moved to the quarter position of a LB/DB hybrid. Both started for the rest of the season. Also returning is CB Tank Hopkins, a 2009 starter who redshirted 2010 due to a groin injury. The warriors also gain Mike Edwards a JUCO transfer who played 8 games in his freshman season at Tennessee, and Brandon Leslie a Free Safety who played for GA Tech before going to JUCO. Both seem ready to compete at the 2 open positions. During offseason workouts Edwards already looks like our best corner.

If UH goes 2-0 in their first two games, they have a really good shot at going undefeated this year. There is no Boise on the schedule, and the rest of the conference is breaking in new qb's. In fact only BYU is going to have a full-time returning starter at QB of all the teams on our schedule.

Last edited:
in regards to the easy win remarks. There aren't too many on this board. However, there are several on the other boards I've lurked on. I'm looking forward to a great game, hope that the Buffs will have an awesome season, after they lose to UH, of course.

in regards to the easy win remarks. There aren't too many on this board. However, there are several on the other boards I've lurked on. I'm looking forward to a great game, hope that the Buffs will have an awesome season, after they lose to UH, of course.
There's another site?

There's another site?

There's the dip**** site, the sites where people pay good money to stalk teenagers (no pedobear), and this one...the asshole site. And there is adult diaper site that doesn't get much traffic.

That's not to say this site doesn't have its fair share of dipshits and teen-stalkers and diaper wearers. We do. Frequently all of those traits are covered in one user name. But the defining characteristic over here is the presentation of moderate to extreme asshole tendencies.

There's the dip**** site, the sites where people pay good money to stalk teenagers (no pedobear), and this one...the asshole site. And there is adult diaper site that doesn't get much traffic.

That's not to say this site doesn't have its fair share of dipshits and teen-stalkers and diaper wearers. We do. Frequently all of those traits are covered in one user name. But the defining characteristic over here is the presentation of moderate to extreme asshole tendencies.
Which one am I?

Which one am I?

a6cd090f-6b9c-31c2.jpg

You are a big reason we register so far to the right.

I think the data points on the chart need to be evaluated for errors. Netturds is way to far left into the Nice section.

I think the data points on the chart need to be evaluated for errors. Netturds is way to far left into the Nice section.

"Nice" is just a polite way of saying "brain dead".

It's posts like yours that keeps the Allbuffs dot from being even further to the right.:bang:

Back