What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

I Do Not Get It

How do you know this is fact. I personally know of a player mentor that paints a different story of the "working relationship".

I personally know some people close to the program, myself.

In fact I would love to but maybe that's a chat for you and me privately as there is someone's identity here. I've also become close to a recent nationally highly recruited qb who has really put into perspective how far back cu is in regards to the big time athlete picture. I'd say a huge chunk of these kids laugh at the though I'd even entertaining cu. Mac is not some coach that many parents or kids take seriously, and from what I've been told RG may have not expected him to survive this last year. That all goes back to Leavitt and Chev...

This is jmho so take it for what it's worth. If you do elaborate, might be best suited for Barzil. I'm not a Mod though.

The OP's not a Club Member ... he can't post there.

On another subject (don't want to start a new thread for this) ... do we have anyone in the EW Shrine Game? (just started BTW).

The OPs not a Club Member ... he can't post there.

On another subject (don't want to start a new thread for this) ... do we have anyone in the EW Shrine Game? (just started BTW).
Yeah my bad didn't notice till it was too late. The other, I'm not sure.

Yes and no, guess it depends on your opinion of how recruits think because it's a small world and people talk. Funny thing to me is that he said he only wanted to go to a winner blah blah blah, but now his team isn't ranked and CU is.

Sure, it is a small world, but QB recruiting is pretty unique. I do not think it is a great representation of recruiting as a whole.

Sure, it is a small world, but QB recruiting is pretty unique. I do not think it is a great representation of recruiting as a whole.

Yeah. If I'm a QB I might commit to Tedford at Fresno State over a successful P5 program. Lindgren hasn't developed that kind of rep yet and we need him to.

Yep.

The thing I don't think most people get is that it's a really good working relationship.

Carl and George are football guys who have very valuable insights and their own Rolodexes of good people who are in the coaching profession. MacIntyre welcomes their input, involvement and support because he respects them and they respect that it's his program and his neck on the line so the ultimate decision is his. RG makes it clear that MM is accountable for results (as he should) and with that allows him to be responsible for the decisions that determine his results (as he should) along with the most support and open communication he can through Carl as a de facto "Associate AD for Football". For some reason there have been fans who want to push a narrative of an adversarial or strained relationship where there isn't one.
Not sure how it came across that I assumed a less-than-great relationship between MM and those two, but I can see how my use of 'accountability' in context could be understood that way. Either way, it's great to hear that those three have a great working relationship. Makes me even more optimistic for the coming seasons. Thanks for the detailed insight.

Yeah. If I'm a QB I might commit to Tedford at Fresno State over a successful P5 program. Lindgren hasn't developed that kind of rep yet and we need him to.
Honest question, what does Lindgren need to do in order to develop that rep?

Not sure how it came across that I assumed a less-than-great relationship between MM and those two, but I can see how my use of 'accountability' in context could be understood that way. Either way, it's great to hear that those three have a great working relationship. Makes me even more optimistic for the coming seasons. Thanks for the detailed insight.

Just to be clear, when I talk about a working relationship I don't mean that it's free of conflict, frustration or disagreement. They're competitors and both RG and MM are "in charge" types of guys whose visions may not always align and they may have to find a common ground... which is what I've heard Carl is great at helping to navigate. What I have taken exception to is the suggestion that RG is an unprofessional micromanager who holds coaches accountable without allowing them to be responsible... and the suggestion that MM is not capable of handling the responsibilities of his job, his boss believes this, and yet he has not only been kept in that job but recently been given a new long-term contract with a major pay raise. When I see those suggestions from people it makes me believe that the person saying it has either never worked in a normal workplace or has allowed himself to accept a narrative that requires ignoring their real-wold knowledge of how **** works.

Yes and no, guess it depends on your opinion of how recruits think because it's a small world and people talk. Funny thing to me is that he said he only wanted to go to a winner blah blah blah, but now his team isn't ranked and CU is.
RG had every reason to fire Mac after 2015, if he fealt the way you choose to portray him as feeling. And Mac is pulling in a top 25 recruiting class this cycle, including a 4* QB, after winning COY from every single outlet. Not sure who you're referring to about said "elite QB recruit", but I call complete bull**** on your assertion or would venture to guess that kid is full of **** and has no clue what he's talking about.

RG had every reason to fire Mac after 2015, if he fealt the way you choose to portray him as feeling. And Mac is pulling in a top 25 recruiting class this cycle, including a 4* QB, after winning COY from every single outlet. Not sure who you're referring to about said "elite QB recruit", but I call complete bull**** on your assertion or would venture to guess that kid is full of **** and has no clue what he's talking about.

I've been calling for '06 to be banned for a month! He is an idiot.

Back