What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

I have to be honest...

CU-aerial.jpg

Boulder wins.
0010.jpg

i have not read this whole thread so forgive me for repeating things that have already been said. however, if i can help reinforce some positive vibes or whatever, i am happy to do so.

losing sucks. there is no way around it. because i am so emotionally invested in CU football (a school that i didnt even attend) watching them play so badly hurts. i got to spend last weekend with my dad (i had not seen him since the UGA game last year) and sat with him at the game at OSU (my borthers and nephew had seats in a different location). i wanted so bad to see them play a good game so that my dad and i could think back to sitting with eachother and enjoying that great experince of giving a team like OSU all they could handle in thier house.

it didnt happen and that flat out sucks. emotionally.

but then i sit back and put emiotions aside. what did i get? i got to spend a great weekend with my dad and my brothers. there was only one reason why. CU football.

i have a lot going on in my life right now. i wont get into it other than to say there is a lot going on with work and potential loss of a job, my wife has been sick for over three years and i do feel quite overwhelmed at times. however, saturday rolls around and its CU football time.

that helps me. it is such a release of the stresses of life. a total escape. instead of worring about what is going on at work, i worry about if CU can run the ball. if they can go an offensive possession without a drive killing penalty.

its not great because CU is so bad this year. i get mad and frustrated. i want to think back to seeing my dad smiling a laughing and clapping like he did the day CU put 62 on the corn. back when they were good.

however, that is not what we have now. but, one thing i do have now is some perspective. when i was just out of college and i didnt have any of lifes worries on my shoulders, i was consumed with CU football. i would get irate that the students would not show up early. i would get pissed and holler at people leaving a game early. i can vividly remember yelling at people leaving the stadium in the 3rd quarter vs oklahoma one year. i was such an ass.

now, what is important is my wife. her health. my career. my family and the time we get to spend with eachother.

i love CU football as much as ever. i care deeply for the team. i wear a CU hat at work and proudly wear my CU pullover on overnights. i just put it in its place. now. its entertainment. sometimes very bad entertainment. but, what are ya gonna do? :lol:

i guess my basic point is that CU football has given me a lot. great time with family and friends. meeting allbuff members like this week in columbus seeing snow, rugged and bob. all three seem to be very nice guys and would be great to hang out with. even though snow does not remember me and i even talked to him. :lol: he seems like he would be a very cool guy to hang out with.

then i have gotten to meet many more of you at sacky's tailgater. i value that. there are so many good people on this site. i would have probably never met any if not for CU football.

so, the team sucks right now. that blows. but, it has to be put in its place. keep things in order. health. family. friends. career. then CU football. love it just as much as you always did but remember the important things and keep things in perspective.

i am as mad and frustrated as anyone. but, i love CU football and this will only make the better years to come that much more sweet!!! CU will get back there and all of this will be a moo point. (yeah, moo was on purpose)

my advice if anyone is still listening. love CU football like no other. just dont let it control your life. its entertainment. wish the best for the kids donning the black and gold but remember to keep things in perspective. if you have your health, a great family and friends.... you have nothing to worry about. CU football will take care of its self and all will be right with the world.

life is too short. enjoy the game for what it is.

i hope this helped to someone. i was just sharing some honest thoughts. i want you guys to be happy and healthy! i am a nice guy like that! :smile2:

Some clarifications for the Buffs:

Kal - sort of a play on the communist contigent at Berkley. Lame. Only our little brother UCLA really uses this (in addition to Berkjerks) which is even weaker sauce. I'm really hoping the great CU board thinks of a new one for us. We deserve better, especially since the communists were defeated in 1980 at the battle of Sproul Hall. Lastly, you misspelled "contingent" and "Berkeley" Cougin, just saying...

U$C or SUC or condoms. Nice. Also the SUCsters, pUSC, Toejams and f*ckin cheaters.

UW= pups or mutts -Huck the Fuskies. Also known as the malamutes, fuskies, soon to be cheaters.

Stanford = trees (or tree on acid if you look at rthat hideous mascot) or ferd (not enough reason to hate them traditionally) The furd and leland stanford junior university. Famous t-Shirt designs for big game: USC sucks but Stanford swallows....

FUCLA - self explanitory. The Ruins. Baby bears. Couldn't get into Cal crybabies.

Beavs - nobody really hates them outside Whoregon. True, but nicknames include Beavis, the Osuc and the pelts.

Whoregon - the zeros - IQ stated on helmet...etc . Add to this the toilet seats, floaters and cheaters.

Not much for Zona or ASU (both really not much football history) BBall we all hate Zona and FUCLA. The desert f*cks... that is all.

Cougs - people pretty much change to Coogs, or spell Wazzu wrong. Cougin It is a banned term on our message board - (stealing defeat from the jaws of victory)Agreed.

GO BEARS!

Last edited:
Kal - sort of a play on the communist contigent at Berkley.

U$C or SUC or condoms

UW= pups or mutts -Huck the Fuskies

Stanford = trees (or tree on acid if you look at rthat hideous mascot) or ferd (not enough reason to hate them traditionally)

FUCLA - self explanitory

Beavs - nobody really hates them outside Whoregon

Whoregon - the zeros - IQ stated on helmet...etc .

Not much for Zona or ASU (both really not much football history) BBall we all hate Zona and FUCLA.

Cougs - people pretty much change to Coogs, or spell Wazzu wrong. Cougin It is a banned term on our message board - (stealing defeat from the jaws of victory)

University of Mexico

Has anybody even thought about anything for Utah yet? Aside from the obvious da Yutes, of course....

Actually, yes. I have thought about it. An hour or two ago I spent ten seconds thinking about it and came up with, what I believe to be, a great idea.

I am going to refer to them as BYU. Every time I talk about them. Forever. They are now BYU. It will be sad how pissed BYU fans get being called BYU. Losers.

Fluffs, puffs, fluffaloes, trustafarians, ****s, sCUM. You're welcome.

Signed,

lammies.

FIFY :smile2:

I know it can't be the fuskers, because they are the classiest fans in America and would only applaud opposing teams, not make up derogatory names for them...

Actually, yes. I have thought about it. An hour or two ago I spent ten seconds thinking about it and came up with, what I believe to be, a great idea.

I am going to refer to them as BYU. Every time I talk about them. Forever. They are now BYU. It will be sad how pissed BYU fans get being called BYU. Losers.

[video=youtube;XoU8jd1f8io]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XoU8jd1f8io[/video]

But will BYU fans pretending to be Utah trolls pretending to be BYU trolls pretending to be Utah fans really be offended by being called BYU?

[video=youtube;XoU8jd1f8io]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XoU8jd1f8io[/video]

[video=youtube;FWFKf8xTcf4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWFKf8xTcf4&feature=player_embedded[/video]

I believe I'm a step ahead of you on this one. There's a guy who wears "BYU" shorts at the gym and I asked him how he's liking the Pac 12. He tried to explain Utah was in the Pac and BYU was recently independent, but then I feigned confusion over the notion that there was a difference, and eventually just furrowed my brows and shook my head sadly because he obviously doesn't know jack **** about sports like I do.

My wife is concerned that I'm not making more friends over here.

I believe I'm a step ahead of you on this one. There's a guy who wears "BYU" shorts at the gym and I asked him how he's liking the Pac 12. He tried to explain Utah was in the Pac and BYU was recently independent, but then I feigned confusion over the notion that there was a difference, and eventually just furrowed my brows and shook my head sadly because he obviously doesn't know jack **** about sports like I do.

My wife is concerned that I'm not making more friends over here.

Perfect! It looks like my plan has been tested and proves successfully awesome.

Newport Harbor Tini... same city different school :nod:

We got her and the Buffs got you....fair wage

GO BEARS!

Last edited:
Both schools are legit. Fair enough. I had a double double tonight...animal style... if that makes you feel any better tonight brother :wtf:Btw...where the hell is everyone tonight? Did the rapture finally occur?

Last edited:
Both schools are legit. Fair enough. I had a double double tonight...animal style... if that makes you feel any better tonight brother :wtf:Btw...where the hell is everyone tonight? Did the rapture finally occur?
TBD took them into his DOOM! bunker.

That makes me feel worse :lol:

False flag operation. Duh.

Back